Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
 Glitch Problem >

Glitch Problem

Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Glitch Problem

Old 08-06-2005, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glitch Problem

Help,,, I have a corona that I cant seem to get the glitches out of. The motor (brushless) will cut off in flight with servo glitch. I have replaced everything Motor,ESC,Receiver,Antenna Servos and Battery along with moving the receiver every place I could think of. Any idea what is causing this interference and how to fix it. [:@]
Old 08-07-2005, 01:14 AM
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: Glitch Problem

Go to the link listed below and near the bottom of the page you will see the Glitch Reducer from Helihobby.com I had the same problem as you with two Corona 120's Lots of guys in here gave hundreds of suggestions and I thank you all but unfortunatly none of their suggestions seemed to solve the problem, So I decided to try the heli hobby Glitch reducer and I never had a single glitch since! That was 3 months ago! Besides the Glitch reducer is only $14.99, But a truly great product. Thank god for that glitch reducer, I wasn't able to fly anymore without it!!![X(] Trust me it will work, Corona 120's are Notorious for glitch problems!
It's the 24th product down from the top of the product lists.........

http://www.helihobby.com/html/extras.html
Old 08-07-2005, 01:27 AM

Thanks I will get one. Do you hook it up from the receiver to the ESC or do you have to have one for each servo to the receiver plus the ESC
Old 08-07-2005, 12:30 PM

That looks like a good idea for me to try also, the ferrite rings help out a lot too.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:31 PM

You only need one glitch reducer per aircraft, It plugs into the receiver's throttle channel, then the Electronic Speed control plugs into the glitch reducer, and thats it!
Old 08-07-2005, 04:53 PM

Thank Alot Ill Try that
Old 02-26-2006, 09:04 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OH the great Glitch, When I had this avatar picture taken, about 15 seconds after the picture was shot, I had the Glitch. well I did not secure the foam to the tail fin, so when the chopper touched the water and then shot back up the foam stuck to the water, then It was like in the movies, the water sucked in the chopper and It was upside down.

a few days later after a good drying, all electronics were fine,
Old 03-02-2006, 07:14 PM
My Feedback: (1)

u8at711, why why why would you ever fly inverted that close to the water? I would never in a million years fly over water yet alone inverted. I dont even fly in the rain when its drizzling out! I had a crash once in snow and lost a gyro and a esc to the crash. I let them dry out for days and they were fine for 2 weeks after. Then mysteriously they slowly stopped working... So now I have the biggests fear of water and my heli. Id rather wait for a sunny day then ruin 200 dollars worth of electronics.

As far as glitches go I plan on getting a glitch reducer or a ferret ring but I seperated my esc and reciever as far away as theyd go and Im pretty much glitch free now. I havnt had a gltich yet. Well actully my titanium boom guard cuased one but I quickly recovered from the cutoff and no damage occured.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:59 AM

I just ordered a glitch reducer from helihobby, I don't have glitches, not even a little ones. I want to install this as a form of insurance incase I do get a glitch at the wrong moment. Does this glitch reducer have any negative effects? Besides lightening my wallet 20.00
Thanks
Old 03-03-2006, 10:51 AM

No bad effects as far as I can See, I would consider it safe even if you dont have Glitches!............
Old 03-08-2006, 02:48 AM

sounds good to me, how does it work anyways, and why doesn't it just come standard on radios?
Old 03-08-2006, 03:12 PM

I think the Berg receiver that has been recommended for the Corona actually does include something similar - an "averager" that filters out any momentary signal interruptions. Another testimonial here - after breaking a rotor blade due to a glitch, I bought a glitch reducer. Fantastic! No glitches so far, with the antenna in the stock position. The whole heli seems smoother (although that's probably from the tweaking it got while it was out of the air waiting for the reducer). For 10-15 bucks, I can tell it's going to save me much more than that in broken stuff, plus a lot more confidence.