Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
 Contoller Setup >

Contoller Setup

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Contoller Setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 12:03 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Contoller Setup

My brushless controller is a Master 40-3P. I have tried both the Brake On and Brake Off setups. In either case the motor starts with a jolt and shakes the whole airframe. In the Brake Off setting (two beeps initially) the lowest throttle setting to start running will then spool up and almost hover.
The motor is a Hacker C40-12T, and 7X2400 nicads. I have calibrated the high throttle setting per the instructions provided. What is the correct controller setup? Does my description of events sound normal?
Old 10-20-2005, 10:31 AM

Default RE: Contoller Setup

I have a setting on my controller for soft/hard startup. I believe brake on/ brake off is used to control how you want the motor to shut down when you move the throttle stick all the way down. So break on would make the motor stop instantly instead of slowing down. soft startup would would allow the motor to spool up so your heli doesnt freak out when you apply throttle.I would recommend using a controller box to set it up. It is easier than trying to count beeps and moving throttle levers. here is the link to the instructions for the controller setup using the box and you will see all the setup variables for your controller. Hope this helps. let me know.
http://www.helihobby.com/download_fi...structions.pdf
Old 10-21-2005, 09:45 AM

Thanks for educating me that a programmer is available. I'll look into it. I'm using it as delivered - one beep - starts quick, and stops fast on throttle off.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:37 PM

Hey, did you ever get that heli esc working correctly?
Old 10-27-2005, 06:54 PM

Hi,
I confess that after I learned that the Controller box costs $50 I decided to live with the jerky start that I've always had. It is in the one-beep mode which I believe means that the brake is on.
I do like the fact that it shuts down quickly after landing.
As an aside I installed a 3S 2100 mAh LiPo. Now when I start up it's even more jerky! Gobs of power at 11 volts.