Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

HELP STARTING V-MAX ON LMH117

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

HELP STARTING V-MAX ON LMH117

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 06:18 PM
jstfish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP STARTING V-MAX ON LMH117

Ok folks, need some help here,

I am new to nitros and just purchased a used LMH 117. After a close complete inspection and some cleaning up of wires and such I went to my LHS and purchased a gallon of 20% heli fuel and a glow starter and have spent the whole afternoon trying to start the engine. I have checked the glow plug and it appears to get orange hot, I have 2 spacers on the bottom ot the glow plug and I do have the high speed LMH starter. I have fuel comming out of the air intake so I do have fuel flow. Can someone tell me the starting point on the mixture screw and give me some ideas?
Old 12-30-2005, 07:57 PM
darthdrk

Default RE: HELP STARTING V-MAX ON LMH117

Close the screw (needle valve) all the way and then open it about 3 and 1/2 turns. That should give you a good starting point.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:38 AM
jstfish

Default RE: HELP STARTING V-MAX ON LMH117

darthdrk,

Thanks for the advice. i am dying to get the hang of this heli so I can order one of your scale fuse. I have been to your website many times and I have to say that your scale bodies and the economical prices is the main reason for me looking for a LMH heli. I flew heli's about 20 years ago and are just returning into the hobby.