Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

help me please

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

help me please

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 11:43 PM
Zack999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me please

OK hear is the deal i Have a LMH ready to fly and I am trying to have fun with it{ more like ducking and hopeing it dosent hit any one else } any whoo .my dad has a way of starting it and it includes grabing the tail boom and hiting it with the starter while holding it over his head. I don't like this method for odvious reasons. how are you all starting it out there?
Old 05-19-2006, 01:36 PM
jez33

Default RE: help me please

is the clutch dragging as you should be able to start it on tick over,,,
this is how i start my lite heli ( except mine is a german type )
i put the tranny stick at tickover put the glo pug on then put the starter to the starter pinion then as it turns i quickly just put my finger over the airintake of the motor ( perhaps for less then a second ) which primes the motor enough to start it ... it works quite quickly if every thing is working as it should ( like charged glo battery ect ect )
Old 05-19-2006, 06:07 PM
Cambo
My Feedback: (2)

I always held the blade intill it started and then set it down. I have since moved away from the gas version though. Most frusturating nitro engine on earth. To bad LM doesn't design one of there heli's over a more reliable powerhouse.

Anways, using this method will not allow the blade to move while starting so i have found it to be a bit safer.

Goodluck and happy flying
Cameron
Old 05-20-2006, 09:11 PM
Zack999

the motor runs fine for me dosent quit till the main blades strike but thats to be exspected
I will try holding the blades if not I might need a new clutch
Old 05-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Cambo
My Feedback: (2)

You shouldn't need a new clutch. You will feel the blade want to move so put it down fast enough that you don't were it down. Make sure that when you hold the blade with your hand that you keep 1 or 2 fingers somerwhere on the crutch. If you don't do this, the heli might start and you will be holding the blade while whole heli spins around the shaft, LOL.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:35 AM
lawrencelkl

Hi,

yes, i always start mine by having my left hand holding the main blades with one or two fingers touching the crutch ( as mentioned above), then start the engine with starter holding with right hand..when the engine start, then i will adjust the throttle stick on transmitter for a ncie idle while keep my left hand holding the main blade still before bringing it over for a safe place ready to take off.
hope this help

cheers

Lawrence
Old 05-24-2006, 05:37 PM
Zack999

thanks for your help I just need to get out to the feald to try it out