Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

heli or radio?

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

heli or radio?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2002, 11:21 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default heli or radio?

I was all set to spend my xmas $ on a new 6 channel radio, then maybe I think I'll get the corona instead since I have 2 radios now but their 4 channels, 1 futaba attck and 1 GWS, the attack is old and needs a rx and tx battery well I start lookin and a flight pak and batts is as much as a whole other 4 channel radio , I did find some micro servos for $13.00 ea on ebay so I ordered 4......I put the futaba in a car years ago(yes I know your not supposed to) and dont use it for that so I could revive it(its chargin now) for the corona, since I plan to use the GWS for a crazy max, so basically the prob is if I get the heli I wont have a radio ready for it(unless the futaba still works) and if I get the radio I wont have anything to put it in........and cant buy both.........Rog
Old 12-30-2002, 12:32 AM
SF34
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corona

Go with the Corona!
Old 12-30-2002, 02:26 AM
RobertWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

Default flyinrog

dont worry about putting the air radio in a land item, I do it all the time here, just dont take it to a AMA feild and you have nothing to worry about, heck sence I got my little lmh110, and the club i was in lost their field, I'm not going to waste my money on AMA this year.
Old 12-30-2002, 09:52 AM
flyinrog

Default heli or radio?

oh me either Skybomber, I fly at the schoolyard that I walk to , maybe in the summer I'll get to the flyin field10 miles outa town to try my glow plane out, or maybe I'll have a radio and corona by then......Rog
Old 01-04-2003, 08:21 AM
fastlash
My Feedback: (7)

Default AMA

I fly at a school sometimes but for the $58 bucks I would rather have the insurance if it gets away and you hit some one or the wrong thing you will be kicking your self in the AS*, as you hand over the tittle to your home, not being insured is just not very smart!!! the Magazine is worth half the cost anyway,
Old 01-04-2003, 09:45 AM
RobertWilliams

Default fastlash

I'm not going to start a Flame war or get deep in to this about AMA, but you better read the fine print on the AMA insucance papers, AMA is only secondary insurance, and you have to be on a AMA saction airfield, so even with AMA you hit someone at a school yard you still pay....

Thats all I have to say about this, please dont reply to this message on this thread..
Old 01-04-2003, 02:35 PM
flyinrog

Default ok no AMA

crap here,,,anyway to update I bought new tx and rx batteries for less than $40 ,(THobbies wanted 36$ for just a tx batt) which I thought was a good deal so now I got my new old radio with micros for less than $100 , now I may have found a LMH in the classifieds to buy...........Rog
Old 01-04-2003, 02:38 PM
RobertWilliams

Default heli or radio?

your on your way to being a heli pilot

good luck
Old 01-04-2003, 09:14 PM
flyinrog

Default Thanks Sky

And I know what you mean Fastlash so I ONLY fly when no one is around, except once I let 2 kids watch me from where I was flying, so they were right beside me not out playing in the field,,my real problem is not that, I have to fly early because by 09:00 a group of hispanics come to play soccer on the adjacent field , but I dont think my gas LMH is gonna go over well ,,, the field is also behind the retirement center.......theyre probably all up at 5:00 but all it would take is one complaint and its no more schoolyard for ole Rog gas or electric so if the heli isnt too loud (110) I can practice in my backyard,..guess I'll find out..Rog
Old 01-04-2003, 10:52 PM
fastlash
My Feedback: (7)

Default kids

Yea I used to run my Monster pirate in the street where I live but it started to draw a big crowd and I quit because I was afraid that one of the kids would get hurt, I do fly my LMH in my Yard but it is huge, I see you made an offer for the one with all the extras, good luck with it.
Old 01-06-2003, 05:33 PM
raderrustler

Default heli or radio?

I just picked up a used Lite-Machines Heli, and I do believe it is the 117?, I downloaded all the instruction manuals and repair manuals from their site and am currently learning the basics of heli control...or lack there of. I am glad to see you got your heli first then decided on how to get it airborne. I have several acres to fly in and have no sanctioned ama fields within 60 miles of me. I found this heli to be very quiet and would not think it would pose a decibel noise problem, although a safety issue might arise in a ball field. Just my .02, and congrats.
Randy