Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
 Same problem over and over >

Same problem over and over

Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Same problem over and over

Old 11-17-2006, 06:31 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same problem over and over

Every 3 - 6 months I have a really bad radio glitch problem with my corona 120, a few times I had to purchased a new radio and sometimes the glitches just went away on there own. I have a helihobby glitch reducer plugged in between the Speedcontrol and the throttle receiver channel on my Rx, that use to work, but suddenly this glitching is back again, this is going on for the past 2 years and this is my third radio in this corona 120. It has nothing to do with metal parts rubbing together or the motor interffering, because this problem happens even when the heli is at a stand still on the ground with both Rx & Tx turned on. I have a brushless 16/15/3 mega brushless motor, a CC35 ESC, and a thunderpower lipoly battery 2100 mAh 11.1v 3 cells. The radio I always use (or keep buying over) is an Airtronics VG400. Now on Freq. #26. I tried a deans antenna a few times, it made the glitches worse! I noticed that if I walk around the heli the glitches would increase or decrease depending upon my position. I even stood still and moved the transmitter around, and in certain spots the glitches got worse. I have the Rx anttenna running from the nose to tail parallel to the ground and tail boom, but above the ground about 5 inches, that places the antenna somewhere between the ground and tail boom, never had a problem with that anttenna position before, and my second corona is setup the same way with no glitches at all. Any Thoughts on this problem?
Old 11-19-2006, 09:57 AM

Default RE: Same problem over and over

I have a Corona with the same motor and have never had any glitching issues but here's some food for thought. The CC ESC is setup for 3 servos with a 9 volt pack and your running a 3-cell lipoly pack! Your BEC is probably really getting hot because your running three servos, gyro, receiver and at higher than normal voltage. The CC doesn't use a switching BEC therefore it generates alot of heat to reduce the voltage from 11.1 down to 5 volts for the servos and receiver and gyro. I suggest you get a UBEC with switching regulator. They can be had for about $25.00, I'd also recommend a ferrite bead be placed on the ESC wire leading to the receiver. Also, I'd run my antenna wire out the front instead of the back since the metal tail boom can cause you problems with glitching.

Gary
Old 11-19-2006, 12:02 PM
TIA

Fish,

I like Gary's ideas!

If none of them work, I would check the servos. Are they new or the same old one's. I've had problems with the pots in mine getting dirty & causing glitches.

Only thing I could do is replace them.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:44 PM

these are good suggestions worth trying, and yes, my servos are older than dirt........LOL
Old 11-20-2006, 01:43 PM

I think theirs something in my flying area that is causing the glitches, because now all the glitches are gone! These glitches just come and go without a trace, sometimes the glitches dont come back for months even if I don't do anything to remmedy it. Must be outside causes!
Old 11-22-2006, 02:43 PM
My Feedback: (2)

What kind of glitch is it?
Old 11-22-2006, 02:49 PM

The throttle runs erratic, cyclic & tail rotor servos twitch
Old 12-15-2006, 04:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is an outside source RFI problem, we had i guy that would park down the street (from the flying field) in his car with a all band radio TX and freq. counter and match RF from our TX'ers. It was very much like that, im not saying thats whats happening but the end result was the same, it was very intermitant and strange. Next time it happens goto the other side of town and test if it's still there.If your problem is gone it RFI, if it's still there it's a component.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:26 PM

The problem is totally gone now, Im sure it was an outside source now that the problem is gone and I never did anything to remedy it.