Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

SOLVED: Issues with Lite Machines Corona 120 heli

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

SOLVED: Issues with Lite Machines Corona 120 heli

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 08:44 PM
stevo1957

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOLVED: Issues with Lite Machines Corona 120 heli

Gidday all,

I'm trying to help a friend resolve some electrical issues with his heli.

Neither of us are experts but I have a fairly methodical mind and thought I could work out the problem , but I can't.

This is a brushed motor setup with a Fusion 35A speed controller.

There is absolutely no power getting to the motor.

I've plugged a servo into channel 3 and get movement, so I have discounted the radio as the problem.

If I bypass the speedy and put power direct from battery to motor, the motor spins.

If I disconnect the gyro from the receiver, I get nothing at all, including servos.

If I plug the BEC lead from the speedy to another channel on the receiver which I know works, I still get no power to the motor.

I have tried plugging in a Wlakera brushed controller and still no joy.

I have tried resetting the speedy but nothing - only now and then do I get a "beep" when I plug leads in and out.

I'm reluctant to buy another speed controller as if it turns out this is not the problem, he will be stuck with it and about $80 poorer.

I'm pulling my hair out here - any suggestions?

BTW - The main battery pack is a 7 cell 8.4v nicad which I have fully charged. As I say, if I bypass speedy and RX, the motor spins with direct power applied.

Thanks in advance.

Steve
Old 05-22-2007, 09:58 PM
Fitz21
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Issues with Lite Machines Corona 120 heli

You stated you tried another controller and still no joy. If your certain the walkera controller works fine, then you have pretty much eliminated the speed controller as the problem. Disconnecting the gyro kills everything? I dont get that one. Most speed controllers have a start safe function that wont allow you to spin the motor without first arming it. (this is so when you turn power on and forget to have throttle stick all the way back, you wont freak out when your heli or plane takes off). when you first energize your heli make sure the throttle stick is at the minimum. then move it to full throttle(Some controllers will beep -) and then back to minimum throttle. you have now armed the speed controller. the few airplanes I have that are still brushed systems all require me to arm the speed controller this way. give it a try.

I have in the past had problems with the receiver crystal being loose in its socket which causes some pretty wierd symptoms. make sure servo leads, controller, gyro plugs are installed in the receiver correctly; i/e signal, positive, negative.

hope im not being too simplistic, just trying to throw some ideas at ya.

let me know.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:19 PM
FlyingFish
My Feedback: (17)

Not only must the throttle stick be all the way back, but sometimes the throttle trim as well.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:42 PM
stevo1957

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

As it turns out, the throttle channell on this particular radio needs to be reversed and someone had flipped the switch back to normal.

All is well now - At least I've learned something!

Cheers,

Steve