Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

LMH parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LMH parts

Anybody know who can supply TR gearboxes for a LMH110? The site at shopatron has them, but they want $25 S/H!

_Dave
Old 11-09-2009, 03:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: LMH parts

You can call LMH direct.. they no longer make the helicopters but still have parts available.. I just called them this morning looking for the same thing.. It was $9.99 plus $5 shipping.. paypal only however... You have to order the later redesigned one that has the bolt on tail fin for another 7.49 on top of that.. comes to around $23 with the shipping for a part that used to cost $7.... Mine broke finally.. It was an original to the heli purchased in 1999... I guess I shouldn't complain...
Old 11-09-2009, 04:45 PM

Wow, cool. Thanks for the info.

-Dave
Old 09-30-2011, 09:33 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is hard to believe it has been 2 plus years since LMH stopped making the heli's. I still have my original 110, 117, and Corona 120 and a decent stock of parts. I even found an original unbuilt 100 kit to put on the shelf.

I thought from day 1, and still do today, that the LMH was the perfect starter and sport heli. It was the heli I actually learned how to fly on after several other unsuccessful attempts. I tried a Super Mantis in the mid 80's, a Kyosho in the early 90's and they both went badly. I learned to fly the LMH from the manual, and things actually worked as described; the little hops to learn tailrotor control, bigger hops for cyclic, and before long I was actually flying a heli. I had two con-rods break over the years, one at 6ft and one at 30ft with no damage from impact either time.

I realize the LMH was never a huge market leader but surely they did OK. I really wonder why they ended production, and exactly when. They didn't announce anything that I ever saw, no acknowledgement of it on their site, it just faded away.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:31 AM

LMH sold the rights of the Corona to Multiplex who in turn released it last August or there abouts as the Multiplex Funcopter.

Most of the parts are interchangeable, but the LMH parts were made using 'better' plastic. Sounds like you have a nice parts stash, but if you ever need main blades those are identical. If you need tail rotors, you can use the Funcopter tail rotors, but you will have to drill them out as the grub screw that they use is of a different thread.

Don't know if you have any of the Ballistic Technology modifications, but I sell the CF flybar and the belt kit with Matt's permission for the Funcopter and they will work perfectly fine with the Corona. I also have a work around to replace the tail rotor all together using a 500 class tail section, this was a work around to BT's solution, but using off the shelf parts. Google funcoptermods and you'll find my site

A friend of mine is working on a set up that will allow you to use 500 class main blades, which will also work with the Corona
Old 09-30-2011, 12:24 PM

That is cool to know, I heard of the funcopter but didn't know that. The original blade design was important to getting the most out of the original cox .049, but of course now we can use high power brushless motors so upgrading to blades that look a little less "toy like" would be nice. But I sure did need those original blades when I was learning, I rolled it over plenty of times. I could see upgrading the Corona, thanks for the references. The glow ones I think I will always leave stock, I love the Arlton gyro, it is neat to look at and actually works well.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:38 PM

yeah, the Corona was/is GREAT. I owned many, all different, even had one in a MD500 fuselage that was a nice heli I bought the last stock of blades that mike koffe had and I had found a place in atlanta that had stock and bought all their stock. what i'm needing now are some of the links that look like a '7'

I think i have two sets of main blades left, wish i had some 4* grips left and a swash or two.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:36 PM

I wish I had saved more of the little bits, when one assumed they would always be around. When my LHS went out of business I bought a few crash kits for next to nothing. Does the funcopter use the same crutch for a frame? Not that it would be hard to make patterns.... In fact most things other than the canopy and blades are pretty easy to make.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:17 PM

the crutch is completely different, it's a mix between old and new. it's still flat at the back with the same servo mounting position, but it has a battery compartment in the front, and all that is, is a double sided crutch.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:37 PM

Any idea how they handled the (original) glow engine area? I am going to make some careful scans of the crutch kit I have to try and preserve that. And I think that is where we are at, we are now looking to document many parts of this heli to create repair parts. I love the electric version but for me the 1/2a powered heli was a personal quest. People said it could not be done and the Arlton bros beat me to it. The long term concern is the canopy. I have a few spares but they crack so damn easy, not from crashes but from vibration. I have a few display canopies but no real replacements. If someone could come up with a lexan copy that would be ideal.