Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Reciver batts 6 volt jr xs3

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 09:43 PM
crazyfornitro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reciver batts 6 volt jr xs3

I have a lst 2 with a jr xs3 radio and reciever,my 6 volt 1100 ni-mh batt has seen its lasts days it bad.I own a 1/16 e-revo that came with 2 7.2 1500mi-mh i have since went to lipos.so my 7.2 batts are sitting there doing nothing.can i use that batt for my lst .its 1.2 volts more and it fits tightly in box.will it hurt the reciver? im sure the servos will be fine 4 servos. any advise im very tempted to use it but i dont know if 1.2 volts will hurt rec.any suggestion.has any one done this thank you
Old 01-22-2011, 10:23 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: Reciver batts 6 volt jr xs3

ORIGINAL: crazyfornitro

I have a lst 2 with a jr xs3 radio and reciever,my 6 volt 1100 ni-mh batt has seen its lasts days it bad.I own a 1/16 e-revo that came with 2 7.2 1500mi-mh i have since went to lipos.so my 7.2 batts are sitting there doing nothing.can i use that batt for my lst .its 1.2 volts more and it fits tightly in box.will it hurt the reciver? im sure the servos will be fine 4 servos. any advise im very tempted to use it but i dont know if 1.2 volts will hurt rec.any suggestion.has any one done this thank you
As I recall, you don't want to put more than 6v to the receiver. 5 cells max. I don't know for fact, but I wouldn't try it if it were mine. Spend the money on a good pack - Maxamps makes a 5 cell 1600mah flat pack for about $25. They have a decent warranty, too. http://www.maxamps.com/products.php?cat=80

I have two of these packs and can run for 2-3 days on one charge. The stock battery pack that comes with the LST2 isn't all that great. I have one of those too and prefer the Maxamps 10 to 1.