Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

LST Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 06:21 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: LST Rebuild

ORIGINAL: Muskokarc

I installed a Pushglow starter

http://switchglo.com/shop/product_in...hsbi6mpiuqgs23
You shouldn't drive the truck with a glow driver running on it all the time. Depending on the fuel and glow plug, this will advance the ignition timing too far which can cause all sorts of not-so-nice habits. Using that driver to get the truck running is fine, but running it all the time is not good. The engine isnt going to run properly if the glow plug is externally heated all the time.

If the engine quits when you remove the glow driver, the low speed mixture is too rich.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Muskokarc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The on board igniter only applies power to the plug for 12 seconds then increases by 5 seconds each time you push the button.  You can stop the powering by holding onto the button for 2 seconds.  While powering it gives a constant beeeep.  If you do not get a beep you know connection is bad or the plug has gone.  The Traxxas Revo has a similar igniter installed as stock.   

I would recommend it to any nitro user.  It pulls power from your rx power when activated. 

Old 02-19-2012, 10:26 AM
Muskokarc

The on board igniter only applies power to the plug for 12 seconds then increases by 5 seconds each time you push the button. You can stop the powering by holding onto the button for 2 seconds. While powering it gives a constant beeeep. If you do not get a beep you know connection is bad or the plug has gone. The Traxxas Revo has a similar igniter installed as stock.

I would recommend it to any nitro user. It pulls power from your rx power when activated.

Old 02-25-2012, 02:28 PM
Airbus 9e

Something I noticed in your pics...Your new F-150 Raptor body is going to need some ventilation or you'll be melting down your engine. I just use a body reamer to neatly open up the windshield and I also remove the side windows. More air is better.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Muskokarc

Will open it up come warmer weather.   There is a fair bit of air flow with the hight in the cold.  I used my Dremel to cut a hole over the gas tank for access.  A temp gun is on my list of things to get soon as hrs at work increase and have a higher cash flow.   I think I will cut out one of the side windows above the spin start so I can see it when trying to start with the body on.  Right now the glare makes it hard to see.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Muskokarc

Well with the nice weather this past week have got some time to go out and run. Was running my LST and it kept stalling out when I accelerated Lucky me my friend has lots of experience with nitro and helped figure out why. The high speed needle kept winding it self back down and leaning it right out, so he said will need new O ring for the needle.

Well with some experience with seals I decided to try an experiment with it before replacing it. What I did was pour some nitro fuel 20% in a small rubermade container and then soaked the needle with the O ring on it over night. Well it worked quite well almost to much. Is a nice snug fit now and does not turn with the vibration.

Took it out today and worked like a charm. Now just need to work on tune it properly. It likes to stall out when i do a 180 spin turn, and sure enough it usually the farthest point I am running it to. Then it likes to give me trouble starting again. Well thats the fun part figuring whats wrong and how to fix it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84021.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1740326   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92777.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	1740327  
Old 03-19-2012, 09:45 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What size shims are INSIDE of the diff, unde the gear? And are they standard - i.e. the same as in for ex. and Associated SC8, Ofna DM-1, etc? I need those shims, and also the ones for shimming outside the diff between the diff casing and the bearing..
Old 03-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Muskokarc

Not sure what the sizes are.

Most of the parts are still available online Amain has a good selection. Go to Losi website and download the exploded parts list will give you all the numbers that you will need. 

Old 04-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Muskokarc

I am looking for a new RX pack for the truck itself. Has any one use LiFe pack in there trucks?? What has been your experance?

New pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk24841.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	1752533   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65368.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	1752534