Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

losi atx420 tires vs losi lst claw tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 09:23 AM
RCaddict80

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default losi atx420 tires vs losi lst claw tires

so i recently busted 2 axle stub shafts and rounded out of of the plastic 14mm hub hexes thats in my LST monster truck, i just installed the dynamite .28 big red and it was all good untill i put the integy pipe set up on it and realized the throttle servo was only pullin the carb like half way. (thought my top speed was suffering lol) so anyways..im was thinking about upgrading to the new lst xxl tires and rims 20mm hubs and rims, or do you think maybe just replace axle stubs with factory and replace one rim and tire and upgrade to the 14mm aluminum wheel hexes? do you guys think 14mm aluminum hex hubs are good enough to not round out the rims? do you thik the xxl tires are bigger in size and maybe easier on the drive train components because they dont bite as well as the claw tred pattern? and better rolling resistance? any thoughts and advice greatly apprechiated thanks
Old 04-21-2017, 02:37 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Honestly - take my advice in your other thread. Install the LST2 upgrade kit. It will upgrade the axles, chassis, suspension arms, etc. to the beefier LST2 stuff including the 20mm wheel hubs. You will never strip a wheel out with he 20mm hubs. The kit is around $120 and worth every penny. If you don't want to do that, I have a whole set of LST1/aftershock suspension/axle parts I would sell.