Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Official LST Info *UPDATE 7-23-04*

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 04:42 PM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official LST Info

i found it much easier to just remove the four engine mount bolts (as long as the bolts dont shear off) then take some channel locks (or robo grips) and hold the flywheel and remove the allen head screw at the end of the clutch bell assembly and PRESTO there is your clutch shoes.. just make sure when you put it back together you put some thread lock on the bolt that holds the clutch bell on..
Old 08-09-2004, 06:24 AM
NYCrewF150

I need some help on a part listed on page 16 of the LST Operations Guide, i.e., Drive Train Assy. It is the cap head screw #A6201 that hold on the hi and low pinion gears and the clutch bell on. THe part number is clearly noted on the Drive Train Assy page but is NOT listed on the LST parts list so I have no idea what size or type of thread it is. Anyone know for sure what size and thread type #A6201 is? Thanks in advance
NYCREWF150
Old 08-09-2004, 05:35 PM
NYCrewF150

Hey all, I got the answer to my question above from a horizon tech. The end cap screw that holds the pinion gears and clutch bell #A6201 is a 3mm X 8mm socket head screw; please NOTE this in your LST operations guide for future reference, it may come in handy.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:04 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:46 PM
CRSMP5

correct remove the spurs and remove the cb.. rember red loctite on engine mount screws so may break and cause other issues..
Old 08-11-2004, 05:15 PM
AdzG

Well I have read every LST forum I can find. There may be problems with this new truck but I am impressed with the level of customer service.

I have ordered the LST today...... who knows, I may be the first person in the UK to own one of these impressive machines.

Hope the first batch arrives soon. [8D]
Old 08-11-2004, 05:33 PM
cdwhocd

yah i want to get one bad gotta save some money .. if neone wantrs to buy a computer please pm me i really ned to buy stuff for school contacts and cloths plus i need to put a lst on lawaway lol its moce 2 full gb ram 40 gb hd amd 1800+ dvd player cdrw win home edition with cd and codes 15 ' flat panel monitor... i think somo0ne on one of these postes had said they got the first lst in uk already not sure tho ..

Thanqks
Old 08-11-2004, 07:06 PM
BillA

Thanks, I have updated my manual.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:12 PM
BillA

Speaking of screws. RCSCREWZ has the complete Losi LST screw kit for $24.00

www.rcscrewz.com

Team Losi LST
Part no. los019
Stainless Steel Screw Kit

I have bought a set for most of my Cars / Trucks. These are high quality kits. It never hurts to have a complete set of high quality spares on hand.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:32 AM
AdzG

cdwhocd.

I dont care if I am not the first LST owner in the UK, I just want one............. RIGHT NOW!! [:@]

My LHS said they were expecting stock by mid next week, I am expecting demand to be huge (not quite as huge as in the US) so I am slighlty worried we may see the same situation as discussed on these boards (1 truck per shop).

Time will tell - Until then I will have to make do with my tired old T-Maxx.
Old 08-12-2004, 06:48 AM
cdwhocd

cool, well let us know how it goes..
Old 08-16-2004, 05:35 PM
CRSMP5

you do not want rc screws kit.. they are some of the poorest quality screws ive ever stuck a tool into..

i had someone PM me on why i did the ofna throttle linkage mod..

this is why.. with the truck not runing there was times the carb would NOT open to WOT the C clip in the stock linkage would fail and prevent WOT, same crappy set up a savage uses, i could grab the linkage and move it the rest of the way open no issue.. BUT when im racing and sometimes you KNOW your not getting WOT its a feature that needed imporved.. so for the simple 8$ the kit costed i KNOW im getting WOT and also like the brakes need imporved NOT, it will actually allow the servo to give more pressure to the brakes cause it does not need to overcome the C clip..
Old 08-17-2004, 08:10 PM
Bruno

I have the screw kit for my Savage and have it for when the LST gets here, personnaly I like rcscrews. I have to admit that when I first received the set I had some screw stripping (I thought they were) I then bought a nice set of wrenches from Dynamites, and that took care of my problems. I was using poor quality tools... I am planning on getting an MT2 soon, and the first hop up will be a set from rcscrews.

Bruno

ORIGINAL: CRSMP5

you do not want rc screws kit.. they are some of the poorest quality screws ive ever stuck a tool into..

i had someone PM me on why i did the ofna throttle linkage mod..

this is why.. with the truck not runing there was times the carb would NOT open to WOT the C clip in the stock linkage would fail and prevent WOT, same crappy set up a savage uses, i could grab the linkage and move it the rest of the way open no issue.. BUT when im racing and sometimes you KNOW your not getting WOT its a feature that needed imporved.. so for the simple 8$ the kit costed i KNOW im getting WOT and also like the brakes need imporved NOT, it will actually allow the servo to give more pressure to the brakes cause it does not need to overcome the C clip..
Old 08-18-2004, 11:10 AM
CRSMP5

same kit i had.. be carefull with the 2.5mm one though.. a tight engine mount bolt will put th eset screw out of it completly.. ive moved up to losi ones..
Old 08-26-2004, 03:18 PM
stebog

What happened to Rich T? Did he drop the LST in Bill's lap and run like hell?
Old 08-26-2004, 04:34 PM
brandonking

LOL!![:'(]
Old 08-26-2004, 06:04 PM
rcaddict83

last time we heard from him he was in vacation, I guess he partied way too much and has had daily hangovers ever since.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:57 PM
chris3

well i've been waiting to get an lst since july. my lhs got 3 in back in june but they were gone before i could get there.and i just talked to him today to find out when he's getting some more in he said he should have had them on the 21'st.well anyhow he checked his cpu while i was on the phone with him and told me that losi is changing the axles on them be fore they ship anymore out .and i wonder if richard knows anything about that and if it's true .if not my lhs is blowing smoke up my a##.