Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

DOES STOCK LST WHEELIE

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 06:23 AM
NO1TRICKSTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DOES STOCK LST WHEELIE

hi all,
ive been searching the net for information on all monster trucks to descide which is my next one i already have a thunder tiger EB4 (buggy) & EK4 (monster truck) . the lst seems to be top of my list now i just want to know does the stock lst truck wheelie without upgrades..

thanks
Old 08-20-2004, 06:40 AM
bige4375

Default RE: DOES STOCK LST WHEELIE

Mine will wheelie all day long in high and low gear. It always does in grass but on pavement or dirt it spins so much sometimes it wont. Mine will roast all four tires and the pavement.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:28 AM
theerm

Yes mine does, constant flips in low range almost impossible to drive. nice in high range but can still catch me out. you want wheelies????? go for the ek4. have a big wallet for parts and learn all about the engine. it is three times bigger than any thing else , has rings and will only rev to about 16 000. and remember you can't steer with your wheels in the air
Old 08-20-2004, 10:49 AM
rcaddict83

umm, i think he said he already had an ek4. Mine does wheelies in grass haven't tried pavement.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:08 AM
theerm

sorry i cant read!!
Old 08-20-2004, 11:51 AM
SAV_MAXX_EH_CT

lst will wheelie forever, so much snap in the engine, i tried to go off a jump but broke my stepbrothers revo
when landing on it bent the pushrods on it

he shouldn't have brought his tiny tike truck out to play with me!
Old 08-20-2004, 01:57 PM
NO1TRICKSTER

thanks all for your replies,
i bought the msj hopups for my ek4 as soon as i got it and since then i havent had to spend any more money, runs well but i want something with reverse thats why ive descided on the losi lst, the radio transmitter looks like the best compared to what i have at the moment. just got to wait now until someone gets them in stock in the U.K.

thanks again

NO1TRICKSTER
Old 08-20-2004, 02:32 PM
creyc

I've never seen it pull a wheelie in high. Losi says it's normal.

[]
Old 08-20-2004, 03:05 PM
bige4375

Sorry youve never seen it, but mine does it.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:47 PM
mclassic

Mine has never done a wheelie either. Maybe my engine is set up improperly, or something with my slipper. But, Iit definitely takes off with all four wheels on the ground.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:40 PM
greig

Actually mines nearly impossible to keep the front wheels down! in hi ....in second gear hi it will also wheelie at times ... back flips constantly .creyc its not normal if you truck is not doing this!
Old 08-20-2004, 05:44 PM
creyc

Losi had my engine in their hands, checked it out completely and called to say it's fine. I don't know what else to say really.

I'm gonna have a little tug-of-war with a Savage 25 maybe. Though I don't think it will be much of a contest, I know the Savage is gonna win! heh
Old 08-20-2004, 06:04 PM
MUDSHED

ORIGINAL: greig

Actually mines nearly impossible to keep the front wheels down! in hi ....in second gear hi it will also wheelie at times ... back flips constantly .creyc its not normal if you truck is not doing this!
Honestly I think its not normal for yours to do wheelies at will. You must have your slipper on MAX tight or you're doing wheelies in the grass or something of that sort. No one that I know or I have read on this forum has done wheelies in HI gear on the norm. What clutch are you using or what other engine do you have in the LST (stock or other)? I know that all stock LST's can do wheelies in the grass easily but not on dry pavement.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:16 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It won't get enough traction to pull them on pavement. It'll spin the tires on pavement. Wheelies on pavement are few and far between (but I've managed to get a couple). It has nothing to do with tuning or power, it's all about traction.

Wheelies are constant on grass in high and low gears.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:24 PM
hispeed6

I've got about a gallon through mine now and usually stay on the comservative side temp-wise with my low and high speed needle settings. 220 degrees or so is where I like the engine to run but not much hotter. Anyway, it's a rare occurrence for me to wheelie in hi range, but can wheelie on demand in low as long as there's traction. I run the slipper about 1.5 turns out which might detract from wheelie performance. Also, had to replace original clutch springs with 1/8th mugen springs.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:33 PM
creyc

Okay, I have a question of my own if you don't mind answering.

To those of you with super LSTs which can wheelie in HIGH, will the truck flip over on its lid if the trigger is left mashed?

We're talking in grass by the way.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:39 PM
Pro Wrench

My LST Wheelies allright. It will flip over backards easily, even in high.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:08 PM
theerm

have fliped in high, only on grass and not all the time. depends on traction. maybe if i get off the grass i might not be so high lol
Old 08-20-2004, 11:30 PM
jefx

ORIGINAL: creyc

Okay, I have a question of my own if you don't mind answering.

To those of you with super LSTs which can wheelie in HIGH, will the truck flip over on its lid if the trigger is left mashed?

We're talking in grass by the way.

Mine will definatly flip over backwards on the grass while in high gear. If you have MSN Messenger, I can send you my LST video! Seriously creyc, you should see it.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:48 PM
rcaddict83

hey jefx, what is up with that video? been waiting to see if you could post it on the net. on another note, my lst will flip on its back when in the grass in high gear.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:25 AM
jefx

ORIGINAL: rcaddict83

hey jefx, what is up with that video? been waiting to see if you could post it on the net. on another note, my lst will flip on its back when in the grass in high gear.

I have the video, it's just too big to post anywhere. My buddy made it and it's 47 megs. I don't want to have to cut it up since he put in time to get the soundtrack to sinc up correctly and all that. I asked around but I can't find a host for a vid that large (it's only like 4 minutes long). I want to try Beatyourtruck.com, but there "upload video" section of the site is down.

I have sent it to ThermalRD through MSN Messenger and he has seen it. He said he liked it and he would try to help me get it hosted. I could give it to you through MSN if you want, just give me your screen name.

BinaryTerror said he could help me by hosting it on his site, but I have PM'ed him and he hasn't responded.

I just bought a digi-cam so I can start recording vids in digital (as opposed to analog like my previously metioned video), hopefully that will help to keep the size of the video smaller. I new to this video thing so I have some experimenting to do. I'll try getting some footage over the next couple of days.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:36 AM
rcaddict83

sweet. mines is [email protected], is that what your looking for? either that or himes777 is my msn nickname.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:56 AM
NO1TRICKSTER

Hi jefx,
can you send the video to me on msn : [email protected] and ill see what i can do with it for ya. screen name is : -=[ WHا ¥Â ÐÂÐÐ¥ ]=- you may want to copy and paste it into member search.

thanks
NO1TRICKSTER
Old 08-21-2004, 11:09 AM
jefx

Alright. I am [email protected]
Old 08-22-2004, 08:54 AM
tarta

here's mine

[link=http://maxxatack.free.fr/+wheelings.wmv]video wheelings[/link] right clic...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.