Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Sent my LST back to Losi...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 08:49 PM
losiman4
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sent my LST back to Losi...

mclassic, i think ur to blame for those problems. just listen to that, its pretty obvious that u took it apart and put it back together wrong. u must have been a new owner or something because engines arent that incredibly hard to put back together.

sorry to say this, but imo, all these problems were total user error and u should give the truck a second chance because obviously it wasnt losi's fault.

and finally, just from rich's post, that re-assures me that if this has any problems, they will be adressed by good people.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:52 PM
creyc

I would agree with that statement Burna. Indeed over his head.

Nitro Monster trucks can be much more complex than other RC land vehicles with large engines requiring constant tuning, computerized radio systems and much more complex drive-train and transmission systems. Just look at a monster truck like the LST in comparison with a road car, you have reverse gears and servo as well as a high and low selector on the LST plus a slipper clutch and two speed. There's a lot to learn about monster trucks and a lot more to maintain on them especially if you bash. Of course this is why I and many many others on this site find this hobby entertaining. I enjoy solving problems and wrenching on these trucks and finding new ways to overcome issues that popped up on the last run. I almost prefer it to driving, of course I haven't been able to really wrench on my LST since I got it because it's kept most of its parts together.

But it can be very intimidating for a beginner to monster trucks so I can see where your frustration comes from mclassic. I've been there, I had the toughest time getting into nitro vehicles myself until I met up with a hobbyist more experienced than myself who showed me the basics. I'm glad I didn't give up on it either, it's been much more enjoyable after I got through the initial difficulties in owning and tuning a gas RC car and I've progressed onto bigger and better things. (hence the LST) This is my 3rd nitro vehicle and I wouldn't consider it as seriously as I did if it weren't. Of course with experience you learn to appreciate a truck and it's components so I could justify spending more on a quality product because I had been in the hobby for a few years already. Still, there are times I get frustrated and want to have nothing to do with the trucks. I think you just need to hang in there and possibly meet up with some people at a nearby track or hobby shop. Having someone show you how to tune an engine or adjust a 2 speed is a lot easier than trying to figure it out by reading a manual. Things will shape up and you'll be glad in the long run.
Old 09-16-2004, 09:06 PM
rcaddict83

man mclassic, you are definetely missing out on a great truck. too bad your sticking with your decision to sell the truck. By the looks of it your problems all fall back into you. good luck with your other r/c's
Old 09-16-2004, 09:21 PM
icenutz

This just brings back the kit-RTR argument. Kits give you great directions where most RTR's do not. RTR's bring more into the hobby because you "just open the box and go!" Someone who is not fortunate to have a hobby store that has great service can suffer.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:01 PM
Jayphred

Who cares if he sells it or not. Whether it's user error or manufacturer defect. If he can't maintain it or doesn't want to deal with the nuances of this particular truck let him do what he wants. It's his truck to keep, sell or throw off a cliff.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:52 AM
motorpsycho502

ORIGINAL: motorpsycho502

[sm=rolleyes.gif]Sheesh, I think mine is AWESOME. when it is hydro locked (flooded) you MUST loosen the plug before starting or it WILL destroy the starter etc...sounds like you are just in over your head.
Yes, Newbies that really shoud be running MAXX
Old 09-17-2004, 05:06 PM
Evil E

mclassic,

I will trade you my Nitro TC3 for your LST. It's a Team Kit with a Sirio 12. I have a JR XS3 radio, and I'll even throw in my starter box. I live over in Columbia, but I travel to NOVA at least once a week. The car will be practically brand new after I replace the chassis (I bent it last week), and replace some odds and ends. Also, the engine has less than a gallon threw it, and has been well maintained. Give it a thought.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:04 PM
creyc

Sounds like a good deal to me, do it so we get a new person to discus this truck with.
Old 09-18-2004, 06:02 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Richard Trujillo

Hi Guys, again I apologize that I have not been around much..they're actually making me work!
Gil Losi Sr. made me aware of this thread and I have a reponse to this.
Although Bill was going to send the truck back as instructed by MClassic, "Pops" (Gil Sr.) asked to have Adam Drake take a look at the truck.
First, when we ask to have someone ship their truck back, we need it as it is run. You never know what could be the cause of problems. Personally when I take my car in for service, I don't have it sent on a flat bed tow truck without tires, the battery and computer in it. Since they are the dealer, you'd think they would have that stuff but it doesn't work that way.
Now to the problems with the truck.
Adam removed the engine from the truck and found that the head bolts were all loose. Next he discovered that the Sleeve had been put back in the block almost 180 degrees off. The slot in the sleeve was not even close to lining up with the pin in the block. Adam fixed that and moved onto the 2 speed. After opening it up, he discovered that there was paint on the screws, which had run down onto the clutch shoes and stuck the shoes together locking it into second gear. Paint on the head of the screw is a good idea so that you can see the ends when adjusting, but these had paint all over them. This should solve the problem and when we tested it with our radio, it worked fine, but since we do not have the original radio, we'll have to hope that it is trimed right.
All of these problems should have been easily spotted by an experienced hobby shop or user.
Sorry that we had to come out like this, but it gets frustrating when we work hard to make our customers happy and then have to read stuff like this.

WOW!

Seriously, BRAVO!!!

That nearly brought me to tears. To think that such a large company, in it's respective field, would care enough to not only have the "pops" look at the truck, but to put his factory team driver behind the wheel to solve the issues really gives me hope for the fate of humanity. Seriously.

Mclassic, I don't know how you could even bring yourself to get rid of the truck after service like that. What more could you ask for? If that doesn't make you happy about your purchase, than what will? Some people are just never content.

That is absolutly amazing. Richard, thank you for sharing such a great story.

If I were mclassic, I'd be feeling pretty stupid after that post from Richard.
Old 09-18-2004, 11:13 PM
Evil E

My offer still stands.
Old 09-19-2004, 10:11 AM
kevinb456

wahooo! go losi, you rock

no seriously... this truck is the best rc ever made, bar none.
Old 09-19-2004, 05:42 PM
mini ripper

Hello,
I go with what Jefx says, mclassic if you are not happy now to know that one of the best RC truck pilots in the world has sorted your LST out for you well,

All the best

T-meker