Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

% Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 05:19 PM
kevinb456

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: % Fuel

not sure about where the vsm goes, but benom may update their site soon.

about the glowplug - i was wondering this aswell, i had 3 glow plugs go within 10 tanks. i would have thought for the engine and 25% fuel you would need a cold plug, but it came with a medium. i bought a whole range of plugs to try out which was best, but unfortunatly i did not get chance, because my engine broke! i would trya cold plug if i were you, if not use a medium like the hpi r3.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:20 AM
jack127

hi to everyone my lst is 3369 and its the best colour red with blacked out widows and a nice finish coat of indy silver now it looks great i use model technics 20% in this and my revo my lst has had 2 tanks through and is running great at the mo here in the uk
has anyone seen the proline pick up body it looks good in the pics how about the flesh?
Old 09-23-2004, 10:26 AM
lstman

rock the truck back and forth while shifting.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:58 PM
AdzG

Hey T-Meker!

I have LST Number 3465!!!

I live in Dewsbury (near Leeds) in West Yorkshire.

My LST arrived on the 19th, I bought it from "Wings n Wheels" in Devon (only place that I could get it on 0% Finance!). I was in Greece at the time and only returned home to the UK last (thursday) night.

I popped over to Modelsport UK in Otley today to purchase all the batteries and stuff I would need and I will be firing the beast up for the first time in the morning (wish me luck), once my batteries have charged.

Cant wait........

Oh by the way, I have a blue one..... which in my opinion is far superior to the red LST.

Big up the UK LST massive!!
Old 09-24-2004, 07:08 PM
kevinb456

dewsbury, thats not far from me in york

let us know how you get on! have you thought of taking the engine apart and removing the washer? there have been a few threads about it, seems as though it causes problems (ive just sent my engine back to msuk because of this).
Old 09-25-2004, 01:13 PM
bigstu85

i've read alot about this washer and recently i found it in my engine have ne of u guys removed it and are they still running fine without it??
Old 09-25-2004, 01:58 PM
icenutz

ORIGINAL: bigstu85

i've read alot about this washer and recently i found it in my engine have ne of u guys removed it and are they still running fine without it??
I have about 2 gallons through my engine and not any problems since removing the washer. I have inspected my engine twice since removing it and found NO wear on the connecting rod but I did find some wear on the one way bearing. You can switch sides on the bearing and I have done that when I checked each time.

I will probably replace the one way bearing during winter this year to be safe. I guess I will just consider it "normal wear and tear" even though this washer thing should not happen. I would sooner put $15.00 into the engine each year then go through another washer incident and down time.
Old 09-25-2004, 05:19 PM
kevinb456

hmm yeah i dont know whether to remove the washer or not. i really dont want anything wearing or going wrong. on one hand if the washer screws it up, its not my problem, and i can get it replaced under warranty, its their fault. on the other hand, theres down-time while its getting looked at, but is it worth paying for parts yourself to avoid this downtime? im not sure, cause i dont really want to pay for their design error.

i dunno, i probably will end up taking the washer out.