Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

mach washer

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 07:13 PM
lstman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mach washer

well. i got my new 100 dollar ebay mach .26 engine today. have i mentioned i love ebay? anyway. i was curious to see if it had that little washer on the crank. well it doesnt! i took the entire thing apart to check for defects. no washer. same engine though. so i would say to everyone. take it out. i would cry if that damn thing took out my engine. i have also ran the one in my truck without it for a half a gallon now. just fine. i asked the drake about this and he said he has left his alone. running it as is. i just dont dare.lol.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:15 PM
lstman

Default RE: mach washer

http://thedrake.net/phpBB2/viewtopic...d23ceba3a2b926
Old 09-24-2004, 10:09 PM
theerm

did you check inside the carbie?????? they have been found in there, it stuck the slide wide open
ORIGINAL: lstman

well. i got my new 100 dollar ebay mach .26 engine today. have i mentioned i love ebay? anyway. i was curious to see if it had that little washer on the crank. well it doesnt! i took the entire thing apart to check for defects. no washer. same engine though. so i would say to everyone. take it out. i would cry if that damn thing took out my engine. i have also ran the one in my truck without it for a half a gallon now. just fine. i asked the drake about this and he said he has left his alone. running it as is. i just dont dare.lol.
Old 09-25-2004, 05:50 PM
lstman

that engine got torn completly apart. there aint a whole lot to miss in the carb. i have heard that the engines you buy by themselfs are without the washer. now i see thats true.
Old 09-26-2004, 12:54 PM
kevinb456

well that clinches it - im taking the washer out on my new engine (when it comes). im positive thats what caused it to (french word here) up. if the engines you buy seperatly come without the washer, then im sure mine will be fine without the washer! cheers lstman
Old 09-26-2004, 07:28 PM
lstman

Old 09-29-2004, 07:46 PM
danielst

I just got an LST and decided to do some preventative maintenance based upon what I've read on the forum. First on the list was to tear down the engine and remove the washer. The picture below shows what I found. There was a washer correctly in place on the crank (it is already removed in the picture), but then I noticed the second washer which was stuck to the side of the crank. I got the second washer outta there and search the motor over for any others but only found the two. I'm wondering if this is possibly why some others have had their motors fail so quickly.

Travis
Old 09-29-2004, 07:51 PM
icenutz

A second washer??? We are being attacked!!!
Old 09-29-2004, 08:28 PM
lstman

oh now there just messing with us! its a consperacy. damn nazis!! thats exactly why i inspect every engine i get before running. ive found burrs on the crank. ports on the piston sleave with burrs. and shavings. dirty no good rotten sons of ******.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:45 AM
Hezrou

I'm thinking that it is just damn sloppy. I have removed my washer now but have run 3 quarts through engine before removing it. So i'm going to assume that there was only the one washer in mine.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:25 AM
icenutz

Maybe if you get the extra washer, you win a prize?????
Old 09-30-2004, 10:42 AM
snortonLSTrules

cool what is the prize let me guess one f'd up engine?
Old 10-01-2004, 12:27 AM
LSTdude

Mine came with the washer. I ran 3/4 of gallon with it in with no problems. Removed the washer yesterday, ran 3 tanks today with no issues. My opinion now along with many others here is to remove it to be safe.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:52 AM
lstman

yeah, i dont even see whay they put it in there. i thought it was a buffer between the owb and the connecting rod. but my spare engine doesnt have it so that cant be it. i think they thought where the lst engine uses the rotostart and might be cranked more than the reg pull start model. but i never crank too much on mine. if it done start right up after a couple button pushes theres something that needs to be adressed first.man these things have some compression.
Old 10-01-2004, 05:05 AM
AdzG

I removed my washer last night.

I ran approx 20 tanks through my lst with the washer in with no problems, but reading these forums convinced me to take preventitive action.

Lets hope the next 20 tanks go off without any problems!

Adam.
Old 10-01-2004, 05:10 AM
lstman

oh im sure it will be all set. just incase the washer was there to protect against the cranking from the rotostart, i wouldnt crank too much. i just bump it like the pullstart would do.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:46 PM
bige4375

I just took out my washer after about 2 gallons of fuel. There were some wear marks on it, but it was still very much intact. It's a pretty thin piece though so I figuered any more waer on it and there could be a problem.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:49 PM
creyc

I had a washer in when I got the truck. I'm not sure if I still have that washer though, as I sent it in to Horizon because it wasn't running right and had odd wear on the piston. They didn't tell me if they did remove it, so I assume they didn't but I haven't opened it up since. I plan on leaving it in though if it is there, if it breaks the engine it's not my fault. I saw no official notice from Losi, Dynamite or Horizon to take it out so it will be their responsibility. I'm really just completely fed up with Dynamite now, and it's under warrantee so if it goes it goes. Dynamite can pay for it. [:'(]
Old 10-04-2004, 03:31 PM
snortonLSTrules

well that will work.