Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

some advise on this problem..please

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 08:17 PM
Lex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some advise on this problem..please

I removed the hex nut and large spur after finding a small rock between the two spur gears. I replaced everything and tightened the hex to spec and when I hold the truck up during idle all four wheels turn. I'll be driving and out of knowhere the gears seem to slip and the rpm's go way up. The last time I tried it out I tightened the hex even more but it still doesn't sound the same and the engine seems to be heating up alot faster then before this problem. I guess what I want to know is if anyone else has had this problem and is it the slipper or something else. Thanks to anyone who can share some advise.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:35 PM
losiman4
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: some advise on this problem..please

maybe u leaned out the needles or something? it could also be ur slipper clutch if thats what ur sayin, tighten that a little. also make sure its in high or low because mine slipped out and i just put it back in and it was fine.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:45 PM
lstman

Default RE: some advise on this problem..please

yeah mine went into low when i didnt know it also. i cant see anything in the slipper being a prob as long as it went back together the same way it came apart. is it shifting? the shift point might be off and your overrevving in 1st gear? i doubt it. but never know.