Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

#2995 I'm worried!! need help= batteries, problem w/ fuel filter, reciever pack

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

#2995 I'm worried!! need help= batteries, problem w/ fuel filter, reciever pack

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 08:26 PM
TheBull350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default #2995 I'm worried!! need help= batteries, problem w/ fuel filter, reciever pack

Well I havent had a rc in over 15yrs, last was a electric RC10 (pre-GT, stealth tranny's, carbon fiber, titanium...etc...)

I bought the new LST thinking it was a engineering marvel. Well after reading here I'm worried, I got #2995 !!! I first couldnt run the thing cause of the interferance when the engine was running. Servo's worked fine while motor off, but when running they glitched all to heck. Read on here and re-located the fuel filter, and wrapped the battery pack. Problem solved thanks to you guy's!! [sm=thumbup.gif]

I'm probably going to get the Two battery packs and charger from [link]http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/items.asp?db=24[/link] I think this is a good set up since I wont be racing but only having fun.

I'm worried that in short time I will have many parts deamed casualties, and be out of commision. I have already sent Losi an e-mail containing all of my concerns (on Saturday) and havent recieved a reply yet.

Hopefully I wont have too many problems. But I'm working on my 5th tank of gas, and almost would be just as happy to sell after reading these problems. but anyway's just wanted to say thanks for the help and all the heads up so far.

I just love tinkering. check out my last project it was a Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R that I installed a turbo on!! it had 280+hp to the back tires on 8lbs of boost and I've just sold it to build a bigger and better one!!

here's my site [link]http://www.turbohayabusa.com[/link]

Marcus
Old 10-04-2004, 08:42 PM
nd2xlr8

Default RE: #2995 I'm worried!! need help= batteries, problem w/ fuel filter, reciever pack

Man just take it out and have fun with it. Most of the negative post read (Not all) are from the first generation. If you really love tinkering then breaking something will be an excuse to take it apart. I just can't see being concerned about something that has'nt happened yet. Two years after Losi fixes the CVD problem, you are going to have people that never owned the truck saying they would never own one cause they heard they had weak CVD's. IMO it may not be as durable as the Savage but its light years beyond the T-maxx. I have owned all three.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:50 PM
icenutz

Default RE: #2995 I'm worried!! need help= batteries, problem w/ fuel filter, reciever pack

Losi is not known for promt email reponse, call them. My LST, after a few problems, has been awesome!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2004, 11:04 PM
wicked LST

mines been great also....i got that double pack from onlybatterypacks.com.....works well....i run all day on one charge.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:52 AM
lstman

dont wory about the issues. ive had most of the crap that can go wrong actually go wrong. matter of fact my truck is in peices right now. thats the hobby. new trucks have bugs. if you do break losi will send you parts. free. when they get it right. this thing is going to rock. hang in there.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:20 AM
Hezrou

I would say. "Remove the washer from the motor" it is a simple fix for a major problem(if it breaks) that does not seem to effect performance in any way. Once thats done get out there and have fun with this awsome truck. Dont worry about what might break.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:32 AM
captanabolic

Dude,
I have one of the first generation trucks, Have bashed the crap out of it!!! My bro-inlaw bashed the crap out of it!! have almost 3 gallons of fuel through it!! I have broken a grand total of 4 parts,
1 axle after nearly 3 gallons (after smashing wheel first at 30mph to the wifes birdfeeder)
3 a-arms 1ufr 1lfr 1ur ( after a full day of jumping and bashing landing badly on my part)
1 bent cvd (don't really know when that happened) LOL

I'm just trying to say go run the thing and have fun most of the issues are being fixed. And if you have a problem with a part just contact LOSI they will be more than willing to help you out. The have some of the best customer service I have dealt with.

The Capt
Old 10-05-2004, 08:33 PM
TheBull350

well guy's thanks for the encouragment!

I did order the dual battery set up from onlybatteries.com and once I get done rennovating one of my apartments I will be back at the lst playing.

Is there a BIGGER motor>?? I wouldnt mind having a MONSTER motor in it, just crazy that is :-)

money isnt much of a problem since all my other hobbies cost so much, when i buy stuff for this lst i just laugh since i think the parts a somewhat cheap compared to motocycle's, four wheelers, jet ski's, turbo kits.....etc.........

again, thank you all!

marcus
Old 10-05-2004, 10:16 PM
erh110

In spite of all the negative posts you may read on this board, there are plenty of us LST owners who LOVE their trucks. If you read some of my threads you will see I have had some problems with my truck. However tinkering is part of this hobby, and the issues I've had with mine don't even come close to outwieghing the fun I've had with it. This is an awseome truck and I would recomend it to anyone.

By the way that battery pack looks sweet. I think I'm going to have to pick one up!
Old 10-05-2004, 11:52 PM
Pinolelst

New owner here and have a low 2000's model #.Just broke it in yesterday after having the LHS remove the metal shavings from my crank case that seized my motor on it's first start and have no problems beyond that with 6 tanks of fuel through it.Thing jumps nice and flat as it is and the only thing I've modified is too run two 1100 mah nimh packs in tandem for the receiver packs.As far as bigger engine kits New era shows a conversion kits for a .46 egine but it's shown as "temporarily out of stock" .You think you're breakin parts with a .26 wait until you squeeze a .46 in there [&:]

http://www.neweramodels.com/cgi-bin/...c&part_id=2334

Peace