Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

LST Pro's or Con's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 10:41 PM
YanBooth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LST Pro's or Con's?

I'm looking at buying the LST, and now that it has been out for a while, I was wondering what the over all verdict on performance and maintenence, and basic RC joy (or anger) about the LST, what are its Pro's or Con's?
Thanks
Yan
Old 10-22-2004, 11:10 PM
Pinolelst

Default RE: LST Pro's or Con's?

Overall I'm happy with mine.I typically just bash rather than race and I'm about 3/4 of a gallon in.I've Broken a couple things like a suspension arm and sheared a cvd pin but had cartwheeled it down a steep hill a few times and generally had it off the wheels enough to trash the first body totally (although I just patched it back together with barge cement and fiberglass tape for a thrasher body) .
The mach .26 started up fine once they got the metal shavings out of the crankcase and has been trouble free since,plenty of power for the truck IMHO.
Aftermarket is only getting stronger daily.Pro-lines got a couple bodies for it ( I just bought the crowd pleazer today trying to decide how much time I want to put into the paint job).Plus new era and hardcore have lots of stuff available.

Maintenance is a breeze.The chassis is wide open architecture and it takes about 2 minutes to change a cvd or suspension arm if you've done it once before.I think it's like 6 bolts to get a diff out and all the suspension components are end for end swapable.

hope this helps

Peace [8D]
Old 10-22-2004, 11:25 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

I`m happy with my LST. I race at a few local tracks & it turns on a dime, I can whip around a corner and pass at least 2 trucks. I`ve jumped a 6 foot table top , and handles great. I race against Revos, Tmaxx , Savages , and it out performs. Really easy to clean up. Only thing I recommend is getting a good 1100 or higher reciever pack. The dual steering servos take a lot of juice. Any questions, feel free to Email me.[8D]
Old 10-23-2004, 08:23 AM
Hezrou

The LST has had its share of problems (i'm sure some whiner will be here soon to tell you) that are being worked on by LOSI. I'm over the moon with my LST. I have had a couple of breakages but no more than any other nitro car i've owned. I would say that if you buy one you remove the washers from the engine.

I like to just sit and study my LST it is so good to look at. And I love to race it, most people are in awe of it.
Old 10-23-2004, 01:28 PM
marksp
My Feedback: (9)

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

this thread share's many opinions on this topic - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Prob...2274512/tm.htm
Old 10-23-2004, 01:52 PM
lstman

this entire lst forum is a giant pro's and con's list.lol, these trucks rock!! plain and simple. just the fact that you get a $200.00 radio is huge! the layout is the easiest ive ever wrenched on. buy one!!!! buy it right now!!!! get in your car and buy one!!!! dude you will do just what hezrou said. i sit and stare at mine for hours. i enjoy working on it so much. almost gotten to the obsession point. you can pull the diffs out of this thing in like a minute.
Old 10-23-2004, 02:54 PM
snortonLSTrules

I agree. This is one of the topics that have been betten to death and back.
Old 10-23-2004, 03:02 PM
YanBooth

Well, thanks for all the response, I was going to get one when they came out, but then I heard a lot of bad about them, but I still thought it could be no worse than a .15 stock T-Maxx, which gave me trouble untill I sold it (and to the board admin, I'm NOT flaming the T-Maxx, just saying what my expieriance with one was!)
I guess I know what to get then...
Yan
Old 10-23-2004, 04:20 PM
lstmanuk

my LST its great and its the first truck ive ever owned ,lol, ive had no problems with it so far (touch wood) but im still un decided to take the evil washer out [&:]. the chassis is really good and easy to work on compared to the the other MTs on the market, as lstman said it comes with a excellent radio!
Old 10-23-2004, 04:25 PM
YanBooth

Look at my sig to see that I want one, but why I can't get one...
Yan
Old 10-23-2004, 04:32 PM
lstmanuk

thats a bummer yanbooth, but christmas is coming up LOL
Old 10-23-2004, 05:51 PM
lstman

kids these days.... back in my day a kid new how to pull together some cash. you can put quite a mark up on crack these days. mom and dads cars will catch a pretty penny in the chop shop. just kidding now guy. dont go taking me seriously. nbc news doesnt need another story.( a Maine man was arrested today for telling kids over the internet to sell smack). i dont need that kind of trouble. so get a damn job! when i was a kid i had a full time job! had to walk uphill 5 miles in the snow to get there also. 15 cents an hour!! do what you gotta do! its nitro man.. go get a truck!!
Old 10-23-2004, 05:56 PM
YanBooth

I have the $$$, buy my parents are strict about these things, and won't let me get one...

Yan

ORIGINAL: lstman

kids these days.... back in my day a kid new how to pull together some cash. you can put quite a mark up on crack these days. mom and dads cars will catch a pretty penny in the chop shop. just kidding now guy. dont go taking me seriously. nbc news doesnt need another story.( a Maine man was arrested today for telling kids over the internet to sell smack). i dont need that kind of trouble. so get a damn job! when i was a kid i had a full time job! had to walk uphill 5 miles in the snow to get there also. 15 cents an hour!! do what you gotta do! its nitro man.. go get a truck!!
Old 10-23-2004, 06:24 PM
TwinTitan

I am buying an LST I have looked at alot of the MT's being sold and asked about them. I am getting the LST I was looking at the Savage cause it is a nice truck thought about the Twin Titan but that seems like more of a hassle than it does fun. I have heard and read nothing but good things about the LST R/C Car Action has the ultimate test on it in the latest mag and they said it can Race,Bash and Crawl. It is the Ultimate truck right now.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:22 PM
jmohar

TwinTitan Glad to hear that you finally settled on the best. I love mine. Maybe you should change your handle now?
Old 10-23-2004, 10:07 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it money you earned or money that has been given to you in allowances, gifts etc? Im not knocking you, but when you live under Ma, & Pa's roof and eat thier food, etc, it can be difficult persuading them. Oh and your parents aren't stupid, they just see things differently than you. Trust me when your an old geezer, im only 45, you'll see things a lot differently. If you earned all this cash yourself, well talk with them politley.

My dad let me buy motorcycles when I was young, he even co-signed the loans, but i worked several odd jobs, lawns, paper routes, whatever.

Its tough kid good luck to you
Old 10-23-2004, 10:17 PM
YanBooth

Well, about 1/3 I earned, the rest is allowence... And calling my parents stupid in my signiture was from a few months ago when I had the whole "Whats so evil about owning an RC car" talk/fight for the 3rd time, so I was slightly angered at them, LOL
My dad is 61, my mom is 53 I think (slap me for not knowing my dear mothers age, lol), so they are even more geezer-ish than you, LOL.
Yan
Old 10-23-2004, 10:37 PM
icenutz

Me like LST. LST good!
Old 10-23-2004, 10:40 PM
YanBooth

LOL, I can just picture your avatar, what you just said, and you perfectly!
Yan
Old 10-25-2004, 10:01 AM
AdzG

Everyone should own an LST!

My truck ran for nearly a gallon before I had my first breakage, the LST is simply the best MT available right now!

"LST! LST! LST! LST! (join in if you like!) LST! LST!"

Adz.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:02 AM
AdzG

I forgot to mention that I beat the living hell out of my LST - for every tank durng that first gallon.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:29 PM
[email protected]

Here's the deal yanman -- you gotta tell your parents about the aspects of the truck they care about. Tell them;
-- It's not just a toy like they've seen from Radio Shack. Losi makes world champion trucks for adults.

-- You will be learning all about real cars and engines and engineering as you learn to run, race and repair it. Any part that breaks you can fix and since it is designed much like a real automobile you are learning things that will help you in life -- things that school does NOT teach. It is a good investment and peeps sell them all the time on ebay. So if you tire of it in two years you can sell it no prob as they are one of the very best.

-- tell em it is proven that happy kids get better grades.

So go tell em!!