Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

To my LST: I apoligize

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 07:46 AM
tzque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To my LST: I apoligize

I have to say that the first two months of this truck was very painfull . I experienced every problem that you have with the first 3000: motor, roto start ,axles etc . I have to give Bill credit he never blinked an eye when I called for new parts .
I now have this truck broken in and tuned and I can say WOW . I am very impressed . Today was the first day I went out with the intentions of breaking something and could not . I had this thing jumping about 4ft high with jumps about 10 to 15 ft and it didnt hesitate . The only thing I have to get use to is the sound of the body hitting the ground . It never broke though.
So after months of cursing this truck . I must apologize .
Next weekend it will go head to head with my savage picco 26 my pull start broke this weekend .
Old 10-25-2004, 08:04 AM
wicked LST

Default RE: To my LST: I apoligize

I for some amazing reason have truck number 2219 and have had only minimal probs with my LST. I broke 1 cvd pin, 1 clutch spring, .....no axles (even have spare axles sent from bill) , no cvd shafts, no diff cases, NADA. I jump my LST off skate ramps on the street alot.......almost full speed launching......the only probs i am having now is the truck is bottoming out on large hits...bottom skid plate getting all scraped up...but other than that just loving it.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:17 AM
bigstu85

i'm the same, got truck # 2357 and i havent broken ne thing. i take mine to a nearby bmx track jump it 6ft in the air at full speed and land it on its lid, cart wheel it, flip it, everything and i havent broke ne thing. only thing that got me was the roto start peice of sh1t plastic gear(now replaced with a drill). i have lost a body mount through so much landing on the lid and i also lost the small spring on the pipe where the roto shaft rests on it. apart from them and the body i've replaced nothing.
Old 10-25-2004, 06:08 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have #633, and was the first person at RCU to post about owning one. I have had very little problems with mine, and I have beat the crap out of it. I have a couple videos floating around here somewhere. The only things I broke that were of mystery were a clutch spring (replaced shoes and springs with Savage ones), and 1 turnbuckle (replaced with a Tmaxx turnbuckle). This truck has been very good to me.
Old 10-25-2004, 06:30 PM
Nitropu

Sup everyone I have truck #2270 and so far I 've only shredded a hex drive nut piece of crap plastic, it melted the rim and the tire went rollin off. I've just received the crazy nut 7075 ones, nice considering only $15.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:17 PM
Jayphred

I break alot. But I bash pretty hard. It's time to go home when I run out of spares. Otherwise I would be bashing 24 hours aday. I have to say the breakage is pretty consistant. All I need usually are spare axles, driveshafts and arms and I'm set. The truck is awsome and much more stable than my friends with Savages and T-maxes. Yes they break stuff too. They just don't know what's going to break on theirs till it breaks.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:16 AM
Tim29

The only thing I have to get use to is the sound of the body hitting the ground . It never broke though.
Do you mean when the back of the truck hits the ground, I had that, yesterday I kept on checking my truck yesterday, sounds like plastic snapping.

Tim
Old 10-26-2004, 06:06 AM
greig

I imported truck 384 to Australia about three months ago ... I have broken one clutch spring (horizone sent me three sets of ugraded ones no cost) and one right axel( local aust dealer repacing no cost the thing is awesome!