Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Is this a Joke?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 04:05 PM
4wheelin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a Joke?

I am having a problem with my spur gear getting chewed up. Can someone help?

This is how I should of started this thread, instead of the frustrating tone of a new owner.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:15 PM
agge

Default RE: Is this a Joke?

Tissues and Tampons are located in the Ladies restroom.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:41 PM
Pinolelst

ORIGINAL: agge

Tissues and Tampons are located in the Ladies restroom.
LOL ^^^^

Do you have one of the first run that didn't come with a gear cover?? If so call customer service and politely demand one.Once you get it make a back cover that completely covers the back from thin aluminum (aluminium for you square heads ) sheet then tape up the bottom hole.Problem solved .

Hope this helps

Peace [8D]
Old 11-02-2004, 06:17 PM
kevinb456

well, unless your very drunk, im sure you can find it in you to HOLD THE STARTER STEADY. aslong as you dont move your hand around, and keep it central, it wont mess up the pipe!!

yeah the gears are a bit of a weird design, i dont think its much of a problem on most surfaces, but i can see on some surfaces it would be. maybe try fashioning a gear cover of your own. oh, and leave those plastic gears and .15 of the revo in the house where it belongs
Old 11-02-2004, 09:01 PM
creyc

What about the HPI Savage where the starter can just as easily rub on the plastic shock tower? If it really bugs you enough you can throw a pull start in there instead.

As for the gears, haven't had a problem yet and mines got the wimpy plastic gear cover with no supplemental backing. I might cut one out but so far i've just not seen the need.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:23 PM
raykessler

Had my first true day of bashing....pretty much tearing the crap out of my gears...is this some of joke? Gears hangin over the chassis is a clever design? It is bathing in dirt.... I have to buy new spur gears and clutch gears,,,what kind of idiot designed this?

The starter is another total idiot design. Nice way to ding up a header....I have to say, after a day of bashing, this thing does not stand out.

Might go back to the Revo after this crap.

This has to be a joke
awwwww did someones mommy forget to change his diper if you have been reading these forums you might see that some people actually have real problems, if you abuse your truck, and dont know how to use a shaft start, thats your problem

so if u wanna go and play with your little revo, im sure you can find a loving home for your lst with someone that actually knows how to use it
Old 11-03-2004, 07:03 AM
Hezrou

Well the gears is a slight problem which is easily cured by about 30 mins work and some plasticard or thin ali. I am even thinking about making a few out of the plasticard I have left and putting them on eBay. As for the header, if you are exspecting to keep it in mint condition put your LST on the shelf.

Aww who an I kidding...... Go buy yourself a Remo and hang out in the Traxxas forum and leave us realistic people in peace
Old 11-03-2004, 08:33 AM
Phalloidin

ORIGINAL: 4wheelin

Had my first true day of bashing....pretty much tearing the crap out of my gears...is this some of joke? Gears hangin over the chassis is a clever design? It is bathing in dirt.... I have to buy new spur gears and clutch gears,,,what kind of idiot designed this?

The starter is another total idiot design. Nice way to ding up a header....I have to say, after a day of bashing, this thing does not stand out.

Might go back to the Revo after this crap.

This has to be a joke.
You couldn't look at a picture of the LST to determine all of these horrible flaws and decide not to buy it in the first place? Troll.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:52 AM
lstman

i put a piece of that fuel line guard right where the starter shaft goes over the pipe and fuel line. that helpd alot.as for the gears, i dont know what to tell ya. ive had every problem except the spurs. im still waiting for robinson racing to come out with the steel spurs. ive had them on all my trucks and love them.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:55 AM
4wheelin

Yes, I can look at atruck, as well as you can dress as a girl. Go smell your fingers.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:57 AM
lstman

oh thats funny right there... i dont care who ya are! dont hate on the dressing like a girl thing too much though. i make a dandy living that way.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:07 AM
4wheelin

You like that lST Man,(Ironic) glad you have a sense of humor............I take the idiot part back........so do you jump that piece of crap or are you a "racer" oooooohhhhh
Old 11-03-2004, 10:04 AM
popa71

I would hold on to it for a while and see if any more problems arise. Usually I dont dump a truck until it reaches a point where its on the shelf more than its running. From what Ive seen in this forum there are plenty of guys who like the LST and have already experienced the issues your dealing with. They can give you allot of support. Then theres always the idiots who bash you for expressing a little frustration!!!!!!!! How dare you talk about a truck they brought, please grow up!!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 10:17 AM
4wheelin

Thanks Papa....for saying it......yes frustrating.....very......lot of insecure people getting off by humoring themselves. Pathetic, but its natures way of keeping them from reproducing. Guess its better in the long run if they socialize here.

I am going to try and seal the cover. I will need something that is not rigid though. Man, theres nothing worse than that grit sound.

I really like the way this truck flies. See what I can tonight.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:28 AM
kevinb456

yeah maybe we did react too fast, but your attitude is also quite poor. 'go smell your fingers' honestly its not primary school. what you gonna come out with next 'your moms crap'.

here comes the pubescant ironic/ 'i cant get a girl' reply/ 'your gay, im right, your wrong' or something along those lines
Old 11-03-2004, 10:31 AM
lstman

mines been broke more than its been running. but its my own fauld for not upgrading things earlier. i kept using the stock crap. now that i have thrown on the aluminum diff cases and the aluminum clutch shoes. its all good. i jump and stomp all i want now. race to. i finnaly had the guts to really race people hardcore. its holding after almost 2 gallons now. im happy again. and i am woopin on some other monsters to. that clutch grabs so nice. i cant wait till the secondary gear cover comes out though. it will help the spurs alot. but if there are those sick of the lst, by all means sell it. people like me could use some used parts to have around.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:16 AM
agge

Maybe if you came in here and said This is my problem - I am frustrated.. Can anyone help or suggest anything? I would have responded differently... but you came in here whining like a little school girl who forgot her lunch money. Who did not ask for help - simply just started bashing a truck which for the most of us performs perfectly fine.

so in short - if you come in here with the mentality of a 8 year old - please excpect to be treated like one.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:52 AM
eye one

THREAD JACK ALERT:

ORIGINAL: lstman

<snip>.........i cant wait till the secondary gear cover comes out though. it will help the spurs alot. .......<snip>.
LOSB3191 Secondary Gear Cover Set (LST) $5.50

Yeah I would be much interested too, anyone know where to order or if available yet?
Old 11-03-2004, 12:06 PM
binaryterror

You Losi LST owners are down right cruel all because you think your Truck's POOP don't stink. You all sent off ThermalRD and many others.

The LST does have problems, we all know it. Cheap parts like a $5.50 secondary cover couldn't be included in a $600 RTR kit?

I know a user who is chewing through Losi's Aluminum Clutch Bell gears...due to the lack of the guard. So not only does the LST lack the guard but the Hardened steel clutch bell gears? That $600 value seems oddly askew.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:19 PM
Phalloidin

ORIGINAL: popa71

I would hold on to it for a while and see if any more problems arise. Usually I dont dump a truck until it reaches a point where its on the shelf more than its running. From what Ive seen in this forum there are plenty of guys who like the LST and have already experienced the issues your dealing with. They can give you allot of support. Then theres always the idiots who bash you for expressing a little frustration!!!!!!!! How dare you talk about a truck they brought, please grow up!!!!!!!
Yeah, so therefore don't come in here for the first time and ***** and moan. Rather, state your problems and see if they are common-place, and see if anyone has a solution to them. Our friend here did none of that. Go back and read the thread again if you must.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:25 PM
lstman

please be careful how you word that! you lst owners? not all of us do things like that. and people that think this trucks poop dont stink are all out stupid. i love this truck , but it needs help out of the box. i know it has issues, but i still love it. and who drove thermal away? last i knew he refused to race his lst. i figured he sold it and kept going with his revo. so if people like me, being a lst owner drove people away.... whaaa!! cry me a river. its a lst forum. it would be the same thing if i went into a revo forum and constantly talked sh*t about the revo and how much better my lst is. i would expect to be jumped on by some over bearing one sided truck owners.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:15 PM
popa71

So what if hes pissed about the truck ,Hes obviously having problems he didnt expect he should have think he should have with a new truck. Just help him out and when he gets it running correctly its quite possible he might change his mind about the LST. Some guys went straight into solutions for the problems, those are the guys who keep this forum going. A few of you move directly to personal insults right from the begining. He does own the truck so I think that gives him he right to complain if he is unhappy!!!!!! Do what you can to change his mind instead of making him hate it. Some of you guys run your own people out of your forum for not glorifying the LST.
ORIGINAL: Phalloidin

ORIGINAL: popa71

Yeah, so therefore don't come in here for the first time and ***** and moan. Rather, state your problems and see if they are common-place, and see if anyone has a solution to them. Our friend here did none of that. Go back and read the thread again if you must.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:23 PM
binaryterror

Remember guys it's a forum...free speech...

I did not mean that all LST owners suck, but many of them are quite harsh...and who isn't when someone bashes the truck you own and love.

ThermalRD had many issues and was open about them, unfortunately many users here just kept flaming him whether he was posting good or bad, so he doesn't post in this section anymore, which is a shame, he knows his crap.

ThermalRD does still have his LST and does keep upgrading it, but he does run the Revo because it has been better to him overall. Everytime he takes the LST to the track....something new "happens".
Old 11-03-2004, 03:52 PM
captanabolic

CMON BT,
You have a MAMMOTH ENOUGH SAID LOL!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 03:56 PM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: captanabolic

CMON BT,
You have a MAMMOTH ENOUGH SAID LOL!!!
good insult...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.