Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Christmas list time, Need some questions answered

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Christmas list time, Need some questions answered

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 11:34 PM
speed lives
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Christmas list time, Need some questions answered

Well im just getting back into the RC picture again now that there are hop ups out for the LST. I was hopeing you guys could point out the weak spots for me because this comp im on sucks and browsing around the forums reading up on the truck just is not really an option right now it takes like 60 seconds to load a page on this comp rolf.

Well i know about the weak dif cases and axles, but is there any more weak spots you guys found latly? I have only a quart threw mine and i have had it for a few months, i decided i wasnt going to waste my own money on hoping up parts that shouldnt be breaking but now its christmas and im maken a list.

How many gallons do some of you guys have through your mach .26s? As long as that washers out i should be good right? I dont really want to have to drop another engine in it even though the mach .26 is garbage, as long as it will hold for awhile im happy with the power its producing.

Are them GPM dif cases avalible? Like i said its hard to me to browse around on this comp expecially when theres like 1000s things i need to look into, so i figured i would just ask you guys for some help. Or is there any other aluminum or hd plastic dif cases avalible? Them spray painted ones just is not an option for me.

What about them MIP HD dogbones and axles? I really dont want to spend the money on the CVDs, So will the HDs hold?

Thanks guys, sorry for the long post.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:11 AM
Pinolelst

Default RE: Christmas list time, Need some questions answered

ORIGINAL: HPI Racing

in it even though the mach .26 is garbage,
?????????????????????????????????????
Old 12-09-2004, 12:20 AM
speed lives

Yea thats what i said is there something you wanted? I really dont know what ???????????? is sapose to mean lol.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:02 AM
Pinolelst

Yea thats what i said is there something you wanted? I really dont know what ???????????? is sapose to mean lol.
Don't understand the "garbage " comment unless yer just trolling.In that case ya can just go away .Sabe ??
Old 12-09-2004, 01:15 AM
speed lives

Well im not no expert about engines, but thermal told me that the engine is junk and i choose to believe what he says. Hes been around this hobby longer then most people around here so i think its a good idea to listen to him, But thats just my opinion.

Why do people like you gotta start arguements over nothing? You dont like my opinion so you get mad and tell me to go away? I believe i been around these forums a little longer then you. Like im gonna go away cause some kid looken for an arguement wants me to? How about you just stop spamming my thread? Just leave it at this dont bother argueing with me, im just going to hit the report button.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:24 AM
Pinolelst

Well im not no expert about engines, but thermal told me that the engine is junk and i choose to believe what he says. Hes been around this hobby longer then most people around here so i think its a good idea to listen to him, But thats just my opinion.

Why do people like you gotta start arguements over nothing? You dont like my opinion so you get mad and tell me to go away? I believe i been around these forums a little longer then you. Like im gonna go away cause some kid looken for an arguement wants me to? How about you just stop spamming my thread? Just leave it at this dont bother argueing with me, im just going to hit the report button.
Well thermal is allowed his opinions but if that's his it doesn't happen to be shared by me or many others in this forum.

Not mad just addressing the issue at hand and no kid.I'm 47 and have been in the hobby longer than most here have been alive

Go ahead and hit the "report" buttton "kid" as there's nothing to report but a dissenting opinion.If that's not allowed here then I'll bow out and never return as I have no patience for the new world order and the stifling hypocrisy attached to it.

Any questions ??

Peace [8D]
Old 12-09-2004, 01:30 AM
speed lives

Well im not saying people go or should go by thermals opinions i was stating that i choose to go with him on this one, and when i stated that comment about the mach .26 i was stating the opinion i belived after all its my post and i can write whatever i believe.

Well im not gonna hit the report butten cause as of right now you done nothing wrong, i ment more along the lines of if you bring this arguement further i will report because i dont want to get myself rapped up in this **** no more.

But no hard feelings man, it was just a miss understanding on both sides.

Anyway if you have an LST could you possibly answer a few of my questions?
Old 12-09-2004, 01:46 AM
Pinolelst

Well im not saying people go or should go by thermals opinions i was stating that i choose to go with him on this one, and when i stated that comment about the mach .26 i was stating the opinion i belived after all its my post and i can write whatever i believe.

Well im not gonna hit the report butten cause as of right now you done nothing wrong, i ment more along the lines of if you bring this arguement further i will report because i dont want to get myself rapped up in this **** no more.

But no hard feelings man, it was just a miss understanding on both sides.

Anyway if you have an LST could you possibly answer a few of my questions?
Sure.
The older kits came with CVD's that worked OK but were breaking too frequently apparently.Losi has upgraded cvd's and axles in the later kits.MIP makes true CVD's that appear much stronger if needed.My second LSt #8380 came with the upgraded parts but I'm not entirely sure where the break point was. The Losi aluminum diff cases while cast are only about $11 USD and I doubt sincerely they will break under even extreme loads.Make sure you buy/make a cover for the open side of the spur gear cover as it collects rather than deflects rocks and I've been through 3 sets myself before I figured it out.
Don't use the stock primer on the tank as just about everyones complained about how it fails and just turns into a giant air leak.Just prime by plugging the exhaust while turning it over,use an mgt primer bulb or blow into the tank pressure tube.

Remove the washer before it kills your engine (see the sticky at the top of the page)

Get a set of extra a-arms as they break infrequently but they're cheap insurance against a ruined day IMHO.

And don't forget the sunscreen

Someone else will fill in any holes I've left.Sorry we got off on the wrong foot but glad we've sorted it out

Peace [8D]
Old 12-09-2004, 10:11 AM
motorpsycho502

I for one have about five gallons through my mach and still going strong
Old 12-09-2004, 10:15 AM
motorpsycho502

Well im just getting back into the RC picture again now that there are hop ups out for the LST. I was hopeing you guys could point out the weak spots for me because this comp im on sucks and browsing around the forums reading up on the truck just is not really an option right now it takes like 60 seconds to load a page on this comp rolf.

Well i know about the weak dif cases and axles, but is there any more weak spots you guys found latly? I have only a quart threw mine and i have had it for a few months, i decided i wasnt going to waste my own money on hoping up parts that shouldnt be breaking but now its christmas and im maken a list.

How many gallons do some of you guys have through your mach .26s? As long as that washers out i should be good right? I dont really want to have to drop another engine in it even though the mach .26 is garbage, as long as it will hold for awhile im happy with the power its producing.

Are them GPM dif cases avalible? Like i said its hard to me to browse around on this comp expecially when theres like 1000s things i need to look into, so i figured i would just ask you guys for some help. Or is there any other aluminum or hd plastic dif cases avalible? Them spray painted ones just is not an option for me.

What about them MIP HD dogbones and axles? I really dont want to spend the money on the CVDs, So will the HDs hold?

Thanks guys, sorry for the long post.
I have the MIP CVD's in back and the MIP HD axles (stock shafts) in front and have not had a problem with the drive train in weeks, IMHO the MIP axles alone are sufficient.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:42 AM
icenutz

The original stock shoes and springs were junk. I guess they have updated them since. I put in a set of stock Savage shoes and springs and have had zero problems since.

The brake pads, after some usage, get a lot of play in them and may touch during running and grab causing the truck to "snap." No matter how I adjust them it makes no difference. When I simply push my LST on the ground they grab. I am going to try Racer's Edge Craddock disks (RCECO11) that someone said work great. They have been using them and have not cracked any plastic diff cases. Crazy Nut racing has a brake shoe and pad kit (CNR6060) for $20 that some people are now starting to try. I don't know if this problem is wide spread but others have said they have the same issue. (Part numbers are from Stormerhobbies.com)

Yes, take out the washer. I am going to replace my one way bearing and rotor in my Mach .26 this winter because it shows some wear with out the washer. It is $14.00 and is worth replacing once a year instead of the 4 weeks of down time waiting on my engine to be replaced.

That’s my .02 cents.
I love the truck, parts brake and wear like any other RC.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:20 PM
speed lives

Thanks guys.

Doesnt GPM make aluminum dif cases? If so what are the part numbers, There site is horrible and almost inpossible to find anything on..

Oh and what about the HD mip axles at horizon, Does MIP1592 come with all 4 axles? There is no picture and no decription..

What are the Mip left and right side axle part numbers and the Mip HD dogbones parts numbers. Will the stock center driveshafts need to be replaced or will they be fine?
Old 12-09-2004, 12:51 PM
Ramirez24

I have a set of 2 diff cases part# Losb3531 polished aluminum on Ebay right now. This are hard to find, alot of suppliers have this part on back order until late January.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:25 PM
speed lives

Well i dont really want spray painted dif cases by losi thats why i was going for gpms or something.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:30 PM
Pinolelst

Well i dont really want spray painted dif cases by losi thats why i was going for gpms or something.
Losi offers polished and blue coated diff covers.Here's a pic of the polished ones in mine

Hope this helps

Peace
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12057.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	201067  
Old 12-09-2004, 01:36 PM
speed lives

Well im still looken for blue dif cases, But it doesnt look like anyone makes any so i might have to go with them ones..
Old 12-09-2004, 01:41 PM
Pinolelst

Well im still looken for blue dif cases, But it doesnt look like anyone makes any so i might have to go with them ones..
Seems to me there's an article somewhere either here or on another BB that had instructions or a link to them for self anodizing small parts.If I stumble on it again I'll post a link for you.

Peace [8D]
Old 12-09-2004, 02:03 PM
icenutz

Unless you want the diff cases for a shelf queen, take what you can get. I purchased the blue diff cases because they were available. Who cares if they are not anodized. Can't really tell if your LST looks like the picture on the right!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17759.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	201069   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68809.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	201070  
Old 12-09-2004, 02:13 PM
speed lives

Well my truck has been a shelf peice of junk for awhile because when i actualy drove it i broke it every single tank. But no my trucks are definatly far from shelf queens, Inless u consider 20ft high jumps shelf queen material then whatever lol.

I just would like quality parts on my truck, not more half ass parts. Plus i am pretty picky and like my truck to look sharp.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:19 PM
icenutz

BLue or polished, they both work. Get it running!!!!
Old 12-09-2004, 02:26 PM
speed lives

Well it looks like im gonna be forced to go with them dif cases anyways, do you know the part numbers for the mip dogbones and left and right side axles?

Also do you think the center driveshafts are going to have to be upgraded to mips also? I really dont have enough tanks through my truck to really know.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:31 PM
Pinolelst

Well it looks like im gonna be forced to go with them dif cases anyways, do you know the part numbers for the mip dogbones and left and right side axles?

Also do you think the center driveshafts are going to have to be upgraded to mips also? I really dont have enough tanks through my truck to really know.
What truck # do you have ??Look on the side of the rado box on the truck. Very few center shafts have been broken AFAIK and after a certain point Losi started putting upgraded CVD's in.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:37 PM
speed lives

Old 12-09-2004, 03:34 PM
brushless

I have the polished aluminum diff cases in stock on my web site. www.killerhobbies.com
Old 12-09-2004, 06:36 PM
speed lives

Well i called about getting some of them new cvds, Bill refused to give me a full set. He would only give me 2 and said they will only replace them when they break witch is bull**** if u ask me they should replace all of them because im currently using some of the ****ty 1st versions that i have broken about 5 of with 1 quart threw my lst. Well anyway if he wants to play that way, once i receive my new ones i will be calling for the other 2 weather my old ones are broke or not.

Well i should atleast give him credit for replacing them, alot of companies wouldnt have.

Anyways can anyone confirm if these gray axles and the new shafts are any better? I see the Mips arent as hot as expected either, so hopefully these ones are good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.