Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

#11411 is alive.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 11:24 PM
hoverlover9797
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default #11411 is alive.

Not too bad, I ran about 8 tanks thru it this weekend and only had to replace 1 upper a arm (killer cart wheel), 1 glow plug (?) and the clutch shoes (Jumbo Kongs look good but kill the stock clutch doing hole shot wheelie's) I put a Ofna purple set in and broke one of the springs on the first run. It was one of the silver ones. I put the black ones in for now they are a little weeker (softer).
Just for giggles I tried the stock rx battery pack, man what a joke! I was hoping the brakes would soften up some, they Losi must of had forward flips when your jumping in mind when they gave the thumbs up to the guy that came upwith those! I plan on pulling the washer tonight. All in all I'm really happy with the truck, allthough I think they made the "A" arms a little too hard/brittle. Nice truck!
Old 01-10-2005, 01:08 AM
trippin_on_lst

Default RE: #11411 is alive.

sweet get pictures
Old 01-10-2005, 01:47 AM
Aman

Not bad man....the washer is really a 20min job, don't even need to fully remove the engine.

I put 3 break in tanks through....went through 1 plug, and broke a driveshaft on the 2nd tank just puttering around the driveway!! That was a little disappointing, but a new one is on the way...

Aman
Old 01-10-2005, 09:11 AM
LST-UK

Good Stuff.....Enjoy your LST...[8D]

Iv done a gallon and a half now and im still on my original drive shafts. Must be lucky i guess...my trucks in the 3000's and iv broke a turnbuckle, two arms and a clutch spring...
Old 01-10-2005, 09:49 AM
Sao

You must be!
I have barely done a gallon and i have two broken driveshafts[:@]

First one i hadnt even jumped the thing yet and it snapped the dogbone pin at the diff end. This was during running the truck up and down a grass field

The next time i was doing jumps about 12" of air (yes inches not feet) and it broke the axle and sent a wheel rolling in my direction.[X(]

Quite dissapointed in that really, weakest RC vehicle i have owned driveshaft wise[&o]

Still it gives me an excuse to order the MIP CVD's [8D]
Old 01-10-2005, 11:45 AM
kevinb456

ive done close to 3 gallons. no driveshaft problems at all. ive had every other problem in the book, just not this one! wierd.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:59 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have #633, and have only broke 2 cvds in the most extreme crashes. Both times that they broke, the a-arms on that corner also broke (due to the crash). I have bent (not broke) 2 other cvds during hard crashes that also broke a-arms. I was able to just bend them back and am still using them.

I have roughly 3 gallons through mine, but it's hard to keep track since I use the same fuel for 2 different trucks.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:04 PM
LST-UK

I bent the turnbuckle and broke one of them arms in a mid air crash......LOL me and my mate was jumping a mound from different directions and after pushing ill luck a few times we hit about 10 foot in the air....was cool...[8D] The arm broke at the top on one side of the "Y" so i carried on running like that for another few tanks with no problems......The other arm was a 30mph jump which was nose down from the off and too low to correct so the LST took about 10 tumbles. The clutch spring was during break in and was the original black one which we all now know were crap.

I hope im not temping fate but so far its been as strong as my Savage........
Old 01-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Jayphred

I've lost track of the many axles I've broken. Have MIP's now. The weather and time haven't cooperated with me. So I haven't rum the MIP's yet. Although they have been on the truck for two months.