Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Dischargers

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Sgt. Canada

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dischargers

Should I get the Venom Batt. Discharger or a Light Bulb discharger? What amperage does the VBD run at? Also, is the VBD better b/c is shuts off automatically when the voltage is low enough?
Old 01-24-2005, 08:49 PM
XrayRacer

Default RE: Dischargers

Dischargers are really only for NiCad batteries. You should be using NIMH in for your LST RX and TX and they should be stored with charge in them.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:55 PM
Sgt. Canada

I shouldn't cycle them at all?

Which is better anyways?
Old 01-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Pinolelst

If you're already using NIMH's (and you should be, far better weight/power ratio) in your truck they're being cycled everytime you use it.They don't have memory but they also do not achieve full capacity on the first or even second charge so if for some reason you want to use the brand new pack the day after buying it and don't want to or can't field charge it when it dies 1/2 way through the day after trickle charging it initially,you (or I anyways) might take the time to cycle it a few times the day before to help ensure the charge you leave the house with is at it's fullest.just my opinion take it for what it's worth or $.00000000000000000000000000000002 whichever is greater
Peace [8D]