Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

"Weak Link"

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 04:15 PM
Johnny Ripper
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Weak Link"

I thought it was pretty odd that this broke. Has anyone else broken one of these? Do you think it would coverd onder warantee?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91662.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	220968  
Old 01-26-2005, 04:25 PM
Pinolelst

Default RE: "Weak Link"

Snapped my tie rod as well last Saturday.I made a replacement out of 1/8" music wire and bashed it all day Sunday with no problems.

Hope this helps

Peace [8D]
Old 01-26-2005, 05:09 PM
ThermalRD

I've bent one really bad, but never snapped one. I've been keeping an eye on it since i replaced it. Seems fine.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:24 PM
Johnny Ripper

Do you think Losi would replace it for me?
Old 01-27-2005, 09:54 PM
Pinolelst

Why bother ?? It's a $7.50 part at horizon (http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...rodID=LOSB4201) or a 10 cent fix using music wire.OK you might have to buy a 3' piece at $1.99 but you get my drift.
Call Bill and even if you do convince him to send you one it'll probably be awhile until you get it
Old 01-27-2005, 10:15 PM
Johnny Ripper

I already bought a new one today, but I will call losi and see what they say. Any extra parts are nice when you know they may fail again.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:00 PM
Pinolelst

Cool I understand that way of thinking.I just didn't want to see you wait 2 weeks for a part for no real good reason
Old 01-30-2005, 11:16 PM
boogerdan

Yea, I broke this part also and had to order the whole assembly from LST. I did not think to send it to Bill for a an exchange.

Has anyone sent in any axles lately. I have more that have broken, was wondering if this are still replacing them. These are the updated ones.

I also broke two off the MIP's. Does anyone know if they have a replacement policy.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:26 PM
Eracer76

ORIGINAL: boogerdan

Yea, I broke this part also and had to order the whole assembly from LST. I did not think to send it to Bill for a an exchange.

Has anyone sent in any axles lately. I have more that have broken, was wondering if this are still replacing them. These are the updated ones.

I also broke two off the MIP's. Does anyone know if they have a replacement policy.

I just got a set of axles/CVD's back from Bill last week.
I just sent my broken ones in an envelope with a little note, one week later I got a package with two new ones

BTW......where is your slipper clutch adjusted to? I used to have mine tightend down all the way, due to my Savage experience, and I was braking axles/CVD's all the time.
Then I followed the instructions and set it to one full turn out, and have not broken one yet, going on 1 gallon now.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:43 AM
2DMaxLST!!

Mips (Moores Ideal Products) sent me a new one for a lost pin but they also bend easier than stock items. I'm using all stocker with the 4 hole cups and they hold up better than MIP's and earlier versions of the stockers. As long as the axles hold, and they do with the 4 hole cups, then I don't know about you guys but I am going to buy a few packs of stock drive shafts and be done with it.

Old 01-31-2005, 12:31 PM
4wheelin

Out of all the one wheel landing, never broke one