Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

$$$$money$$$$$

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 01:31 PM
twysted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: $$$$money$$$$$

Regional purchaser for a wholesale distribution company.... i work like 60-70 hours a week only get one day to play [] but its worth it i bring my lst to work and jump it off our loading docks
Old 02-02-2005, 02:03 PM
the bandit

Left school with next to no qulifacations and bummed around in college then ever since i been in sales , pay is as much as i put in litrely. (commision)

[8D]
Old 02-02-2005, 03:53 PM
hoverlover9797
My Feedback: (3)

Dropped out of school in 10th grade and took GED (passed) to work as a auto mechanic. Went into the Navy when I was 20 and stayed for 10 years, they told me they were closing and needed me to leave? (kidding) Really they offered early retirement and a bonus and I took it and ran. I was able to get allot of electronics training while I served despite me spending most of the time working as a search and rescue crewman in helicopters. I now work as a electronics tech and pilot for a crude oil company and enjoy almost 70K. Stay in school and yes the service has allot to offer.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:32 PM
LST-UK

Computer Aided Design Manager....A.K.A. draughtsman....
Old 02-02-2005, 06:42 PM
lstmanuk

working part time in my LHS and getting 20% off
Old 02-02-2005, 07:04 PM
LST-UK

ORIGINAL: lstmanuk

working part time in my LHS and getting 20% off

so all LST parts through you from now on then.........
Old 02-02-2005, 07:04 PM
ringneck

im a super intendent (framing inspecter) for aztec homes. was a framing carpenter for 10 yrs. prior to now. im 33 and now im a lazy turd!!!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Pinolelst

Quite a few of you eastern states don't even have Building Dept's or Building Inspectors do you??.I know my Uncle (an architect in Penn) told me they just go through plan check for code compliance and the contractor is trusted not to cut so many corners the structure is a hazard.Would never fly here in Earthquake country based on my experiences catching contractors .....ummm.....well......to put it nicely ,not reading the entire plan set or specifications and "accidentally" forgetting some important structural, life safety or accessibility aspect [:-]

Peace [8D]
Old 02-02-2005, 08:19 PM
ringneck

oh youre right about that!!! we built a house out in the country and the county inspecter did not even walk inside the house he just looked inside the garage and said everything looks good! we didnt even have the septic in no sump pump in the basement and the service panel wasent done. but here in polk county they are now doing theyre jobs by the book. wich is good. we choose to work with the city inspecters it really makes our jobs easier. some carpenters dont get it.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:21 PM
piccorevo

im 19 a car valeter and earning a fair bit of money i want to own my own hobby shop some day but the prices are too high the now to even think about it
Old 02-02-2005, 08:35 PM
wal

I am an IT manager / Software Developer for a medium sized company, I am not married, I have no kids. So I can afford the little things in life like computers, RC cars, Bundy rum and the occasional hooker (it’s legal in OZ) every now and then. [:-]

For those of you still and school, stay in school and go to collage, education is information and information is worth more then gold.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Sgt. Canada

I'm still in 8th grade, but someday hope to become a mechanical engineer and start my own company. This summer I'm going to work for my uncle in Ontario. He ownes a construction buisness and I just love plaing with all the toys he has. (Excavators, bulldozers ...) So, my theory is to start at a young age and learn anything and everything you can.
I love mechanics and even designed my own engine! (on paper, of course. If we had the tools at my house I'd be in the garage 24-7!)

That bad part about that was right after I finnaly worked out the bugs for the engine, I learned that my idea was already patented and called the Wankel Rotary engine.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:42 PM
wal

ORIGINAL: Sgt. Canada

I'm still in 8th grade, but someday hope to become a mechanical engineer and start my own company. This summer I'm going to work for my uncle in Ontario. He ownes a construction buisness and I just love plaing with all the toys he has. (Excavators, bulldozers ...) So, my theory is to start at a young age and learn anything and everything you can.
Go for it mate, it’s never too early to start learning. I have a excavator, grader and bulldozer license, heaps of fun. You can dig yourself a nice track for your LST
Old 02-02-2005, 09:48 PM
vmf214

Permits all you need here , no inspections yet to date.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:57 PM
Pinolelst

ORIGINAL: vmf214

Permits all you need here , no inspections yet to date.

Here on the west coast and any place in a seismic zone of 3 or greater there are some pretty strict regulations.Some even requiring a full time Inspector to be on site while certain aspects are completed.I always say that 90% of the Contractors are professional,know their trades and are fairly honest.It's the other 10% that either need educating or are flat out crooks that give purpose to my occupation

Peace [8D]
Old 02-02-2005, 10:24 PM
vmf214

When I was building in baltimore ( which is where I am from) we were under the building codes and everything was inspected, I still continue to do everything as though there are codes in affect , it is safer and those standards are there for a reason. But you are right if everyone knew the codes and used them you would be unemployed.but the problem is that anyone with a truck and a hammer is a contractor.[]