Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

$$$$money$$$$$

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 07:52 PM
hobbyadict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $$$$money$$$$$

where do all u guy get ur money to do all these things too your trucks i kno 2dmaxx probly has around $1000 in rims lol
Old 02-01-2005, 07:58 PM
xxh0lywarsxx

Default RE: $$$$money$$$$$

I work 2 jobs, manage a carvel store, and deliver pizza
Old 02-01-2005, 08:34 PM
2DMaxLST!!

For the record all my tires and wheels have only cost about $300 for the LST. There are people on this forum who have tons more R/C stuff than me. I just got this new digital camera at Christmas (my first digital camera beside my video camera) and post endless picture of everything because I don't think I am very good at communicating stuff otherwise.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:40 PM
AlphaAuriga
My Feedback: (17)

Stayed in school. Made sacrifies and put myself through college. Got a job, worked hard. Still working hard and moving up the ladder. Pays off with yearly increases and bonuses....
Old 02-01-2005, 08:58 PM
PeteOz

ORIGINAL: AlphaAuriga

Stayed in school. Made sacrifies and put myself through college. Got a job, worked hard. Still working hard and moving up the ladder. Pays off with yearly increases and bonuses....
Yeah, that's a pretty good way to go about it.

Or you could enter a life of crime to support your habit [8D]

I don't reckon it's THAT expensive of a hobby. Compare it to golfing (Yearly memberships, clubs etc), Boating/waterskiing (boat, skis, fuel, insurance, registration on boat and trailer etc) or even Hunting (guns, ammo, licenses, clothing, etc) It's not really all htat expensive, it just seems like it because most people see our little babies as "Toys"

I sold my $1500 Golf clubs and gave up my Golf CLub membership ($880 per year) and spent it on my new hobby. I get a LOT more satisfaction out of my LST and my electrics than I ever did from Golf!
Old 02-01-2005, 09:00 PM
hobbyadict

I DONT PLAN ON BLOWING OFF COLLEGE IM ONLY 12 AND I MAKE ABOUT 500- 700 A SUMMER AND WITH 2 HOBBIES R/C AND PAINTBALL THAT DOESNT GO ANY WHERE.HOPEFULLY I WILL OWN MY OWN COMPANY WHEN IM OLDER.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:02 PM
Pinolelst

Worked hard all my life in construction.Kept my ears and eyes open learned everything I could about building structures and the parameters they're built to and now I are a BUiLDinG InSpeCTor.[&:]
As to the money they have to pay us fairly well to keep the Contractors bribes in perspective
Old 02-01-2005, 09:17 PM
karlracing
My Feedback: (9)

dropped out of highschool, took 2 years out to party and not work then became electrician, then maintenance electritian, then machinist, then large side job business, now leadman in factory as mechanic making 60k a year in georgia. did i mention dropped out of high school and im 32
Old 02-01-2005, 09:35 PM
vmf214

I am a contractor and own my own business , doing remodeling and home construction, i work hard and for that i think i can justify playing hard. But as it was stated before it is not as costly as some other sports, I fly planes and its alot cheaper to replace an a arm than to fly a 600.00 dollar corsair into the dirt, make a mistake up there and its all over with.[]as far as the hop ups go , buy'em when you can.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:42 PM
hobbyadict

I HAVE SEEN ALOT OF PPL WORK IN CONSTRUCTION. MUST BE BIG MONEY THERE
Old 02-01-2005, 09:47 PM
e-normus-1

I kept all my money and found a Sugar-Momma!
Old 02-01-2005, 10:27 PM
AlphaAuriga
My Feedback: (17)

Trust me. Stay in school, get a degree in Math or Engineering. You'll come out of school at 22 or 23. Get a job at a company like the one I'm working for and you'll make 50k a year to start. Excellent medical benefits, 401k, retirement plan, 4 weeks paid off a year, educational reimbursement if you go for a Masters, opportunities to work with the lastest technology, and some travel!

I'm not knocking construction. I used to do construction/framing when I was teen. I just thought it was very demanding work. Physically demanding in all kinds of weather with a good size paycheck but the benefits which actually count for alot were hardly present.....

And if you hate Engineering, you'll be young enough to do something else....!

ORIGINAL: hobbyadict

I HAVE SEEN ALOT OF PPL WORK IN CONSTRUCTION. MUST BE BIG MONEY THERE
Old 02-01-2005, 10:32 PM
hobbyadict

oooo i love math and engineering i was planning to get a degree in 1 of those anyways
Old 02-01-2005, 10:52 PM
vmf214

I say find something that you love to do or think you might want to do and go for it , I have been doing contracting for 23 yrs. and love what i do , i mostly do custom cabinetry and trim work . I wouldn't trade it for anything. unless, welllll maybe another LST
Old 02-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Pinolelst

Well it's true construction is not for everyone that's for certain
I only wish more of the high and mighty Engineers I've come across spent some time actually trying to build some of the things they fit on paper.

Peace
Old 02-01-2005, 10:58 PM
vmf214

It always works on paper ha ha , but a good carpenter can make it work in the field
Old 02-01-2005, 11:00 PM
vmf214

It always works on paper ha ha , but a good carpenter can make it work in the field
Old 02-01-2005, 11:03 PM
vmf214

Sorry , double post[>:]
Old 02-01-2005, 11:03 PM
arubadubis

Only problem with math and engineering is that your going to spend 5 years of your life sitting in a room trying to make a water pump on some submarine be just a little quieter. Yes, you can make some money, but then you end up like D-Fense in Falling Down and spend the rest of your life in lock up.

Now if you want to make money out of college, and still want to have a life, Sales/Account Management is the place to be. If you're any good, you clean up on commisions and spiffs. Plus, you get to spend a bunch of the companies money entertaining clients all day long. Just get with the right company, and all of the benefits AlphaAuriga is talking about. Get with an internet company.... and add 3 times your salary a year in stock options.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:05 PM
tocache

LOL, I'm an electronics engineer and i work as a professor in two universities, after some months i was able to get my LST for last xmas.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:48 AM
SavageBeast

I'm 38. I went in the service (Navy) right after high school, spent almost 11 years there... I am now a self-employed software engineer doing very well. All I can tell you is to do what you love to do and be good at it. All the money in the world won't make you happy if you don't enjoy what you do.... I would recommend the service to any young man or woman not knowing what they want to do with their lives.

Peace [8D]
Old 02-02-2005, 02:37 AM
Groundforce-RCU
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: Pinolelst

Well it's true construction is not for everyone that's for certain
I only wish more of the high and mighty Engineers I've come across spent some time actually trying to build some of the things they fit on paper.

Peace
Not only that, but have them automotive engineers WORK on some of the things theyve designed. Im a retired auto mechanic BTW, last thing I did before my early retirement,(age 40), was Computer diagnostics and repair
Old 02-02-2005, 08:50 AM
dschaening

I left high School Early, have half of an Accounting degree, and have of a Psycology Degree. Now I own a Mortgage Company. It is true the more you make the more you spend!!!!
Old 02-02-2005, 09:03 AM
captanabolic

Federal LAW ENFORCEMENT, I get to chase down perps and they let me carry a gun. Only job I've ever known.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:20 PM
VatoLoco

US Navy, working on my 10th year.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.