Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

LST with LRP Z.28R

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 03:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LST with LRP Z.28R

Yesterday I put the LRP Z.28R in my LST and did 3 tanks (pretty slow because of running-in). Today some more tanks will follow. Then I will adjust the settings and see, how the LST handles the engine.

Old 02-06-2005, 03:57 AM

Default RE: LST with LRP Z.28R

Are you a bit disappointed then?

Tim
Old 02-06-2005, 01:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Tim29

Are you a bit disappointed then?

Tim
Disappointed about what, the Mach .26? Not really, but I had this new .28 and didn't know, what to do with. So the .26 had to leave.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:31 PM

hi!

i tried to put the LRP z.28R in my LST a short while ago.

to cut a long story short, i broke it. now ive got the spare parts i need and tonight ive just fixed the engine up and switched over the flywheel etc from my mach. tomorrow i will fit it to my lst and start breaking it in.

please keep me updated! last time i ran the lrp i found it very hard to tune and really didnt like it. this time ive sealed the engine as best i can, i suspected an air leak before. so hopefully it will run well this time
Old 02-06-2005, 01:50 PM

Keep us updated on how the truck handels the power.
Old 02-06-2005, 02:31 PM

ORIGINAL: kevinb456
... please keep me updated! last time i ran the lrp i found it very hard to tune and really didnt like it. this time ive sealed the engine as best i can, i suspected an air leak before. so hopefully it will run well this time
The stock-settings are much too rich. You can tune the low about a half leaner before starting. Then it should work.

Today I ran 3 more tanks. Next weekend I'll tune the engine a little bit and try it in my favorite gravel pit. [8D]
Old 02-06-2005, 06:17 PM

so start breaking it in at LSN - 2 and HSN 3.5 ?

im gonna start breaking in tomorrow, and hopefully have it runed and running well by the end of the day
Old 02-07-2005, 02:55 AM

Well, we adjusted the HSN a little bit too. You just gotta try ... Watch out, that you reach about 90° C for the first tanks. Then it should work properly. Good luck.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:45 AM

never had more problems with any other engine. what the hell is wrong with this thing. i just cannot get it to behave for the life of me. and trust me ive checked everything, just spent 4 hours today, and guess what i got 2 tanks through it. im just gonna conclude that its a piece of **** and get another mach instead.

unless youve got a wonder cure for it? do you know a secret that i dont?
Old 02-07-2005, 10:17 AM

Well, fact is, the stock-settings are much too rich. Go on and tune them leaner. I read some guys who run this engine with the LSN complete in (after break-in of course)! [X(]
Which temps did you reach today? What were the exact probs you had?
Btw, when my engine is warm, I need one pull and it starts. Cold engine is a bit difficult ...
Old 02-07-2005, 06:02 PM

i dont have a temp gun, but had loads of problems. to start it off i snapped the pullstart, but i fixed that. then its as if the fuel cannot get into the engine at IDLE (however its fine at higher revs) because at idle it goes really lean and starts making a wierd noise, a kind og high idle and wanting to rev off (yes, the idle screw is fine!). i had to richen the LSN by nearly 2 turns to get it to idle! then it just doesnt run for long and is really temperamental. these are the same problems i had when i first got the engine. since then i suspected an air leak but ive just been over it so many times it cant be. taken the engine and carb apart (checked carb for blockages) sealed absolutly everything i could. checked all fuel lines, fuel filter for air leaks, also sealed up the primer to make sure that wasnt leaking.

loads of other problems, just hard to describe. i will try leaning it out (even though it behaves like it needs richening) and any other suggestiog people may come up with! unless i can get this working well, im just going to get a mach, had no troubles at all with that (and all other engines ive had - which leads me to beleive that its probably not bad tuning - although it could be)
Old 02-07-2005, 08:03 PM

Kevin, if i read that right, you said you richened the HSN to get it to idle? You must have meant the LSN. The LSN is the needle you would tune for the IDLE MIXTURE.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:32 AM

Uuuh, that seems to be one of those engines, that make trouble. Get it back to your shop and describe your problems. Then you should get a new one. If you understand german, I can give you some links, where this prob is discussed. When did you buy it? The actual ones should run properly. []
Old 02-08-2005, 07:28 AM

yeah thermal, sorry that was a typo! i meant LSN.

the problem is, i cant take it back. i bought it from a guy off ebay. he had just bought it brand new from a model shop for a project that he never completed. so it was brand new, but it has been a while since he actually bought it and so he doesnt have the warranty card or receipt (ive asked him). however when i broke some parts on it (conrod, piston, liner - i had a runaway when Rx batteries)disconnected) he was able to get me those parts really cxheap (£20 - £100 rrp!).

i had thought that the previous breakage could be causing it to behave badly, but really all the parts that were damaged were replaced, everything else inside the engine looks new.

is this a known problem? if you may have anything of use (i speak a bit of german, my dad speaks fluently) then by all means! i will have one last go in the next couple of days, but i dont hold out much hope.

everythings fine apart from idle, at idle when i prime it with the MGT primer bulb that ive got, its very hard to get the fuel through the carb. also if i blow down the tubing, i have to blow very hard to get anything going through the carb. its as if the actual low speed needle is too long!
Old 02-08-2005, 07:47 AM
My Feedback: (20)

Might be as simple as the primer bulb being installed BACKWARD. Look see if the arrow on that primer is pointing to the carb or to the tank
Old 02-08-2005, 08:22 AM

no lol, i checked that, but thanks anyway! if i open the throttle up a bit, i can prime ie=t easily, and if i take the filter off (obviously not while the engines running) i can see the fuel squirting through.

please, i need a miracle suggestion!
Old 02-08-2005, 08:44 AM

Kevin:

Just a thought, did you adjust or turn the fuel intake on the carb.?
Old 02-08-2005, 09:31 AM
My Feedback: (20)

Another thought would be ..Does the carb barrel have a minumum of 1mm opening?
Old 02-08-2005, 03:04 PM

Ok, here we go:

[link=http://www.monsters-paradise-forum.de/thread.php?threadid=5345&sid=&hilight=lrp+AND+28&h ilightuser=64]Starting probs[/link]
[link=http://www.monsters-paradise-forum.de/thread.php?threadid=5663&sid=&hilight=lrp+AND+28&h ilightuser=64]Bad engine[/link]
[link=http://www.monsters-paradise-forum.de/thread.php?threadid=4706&sid=&hilight=lrp+AND+28&h ilightuser=64]Tuning probs[/link]
[link=http://www.monsters-paradise-forum.de/thread.php?threadid=2739&sid=&hilight=lrp+AND+28&h ilightuser=64]Big FAQ about the Z.28R (with video of starting the engine)[/link]

All links in german, hope you understand the important things. Otherwise, ask me.

Btw, tell us something about fuel, glowplug and exhaust you are using.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Marko70

Ok, here we go:

[link=http://www.monsters-paradise-forum.de/thread.php?threadid=5345&sid=&hilight=lrp+AND+28&h ilightuser=64]Starting probs[/link]
[link=http://www.monsters-paradise-forum.de/thread.php?threadid=5663&sid=&hilight=lrp+AND+28&h ilightuser=64]Bad engine[/link]
[link=http://www.monsters-paradise-forum.de/thread.php?threadid=4706&sid=&hilight=lrp+AND+28&h ilightuser=64]Tuning probs[/link]
[link=http://www.monsters-paradise-forum.de/thread.php?threadid=2739&sid=&hilight=lrp+AND+28&h ilightuser=64]Big FAQ about the Z.28R (with video of starting the engine)[/link]

All links in german, hope you understand the important things. Otherwise, ask me.

Btw, tell us something about fuel, glowplug and exhaust you are using.
I was going to suggest using the babelfish translator for those web pages but they won't let me enter unless I register [:@]
Old 02-08-2005, 03:54 PM

Yes, sorry, you have to register to view these topics. But that's no big thing, isn't it?
Old 02-08-2005, 03:54 PM
Sao

You can cut and paste the text into google language translator
Old 02-08-2005, 05:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Sao

You can cut and paste the text into google language translator
I knw you can simply paste the web address into babelfish and it'll translate the whole page for you at once
Anyone know where the term "babelfish" originally came from
Old 02-08-2005, 05:59 PM

thanks alot for all your help guys, much appreciated!

co3bra - yes i did adjust the fuel intake on the carb. i took the whole carb apart in my attempt to fix the problem. i am 1000% sure i put it back corectly, i could see the holes lined up perfectly, i checked and couldnt see any blockages or anything.

groundforce - yes it does, ive tried to many different combinations its not real.

thanks for those links marko, ill have a look at them signing up isnt a problem.

i am using the stock LST pipe, tornado 20% fuel (used it in my mach, great fuel, worked fine), fuel is a brand new tin. the glowplug is the one that came in originally (it think?) it says 'R3' on the side of it - is this what yours says marko? i also tried using various plugs previously, including novarossi C6 and Firepower F4. what plug would you recommend?

EDIT: after looking at the threads i realise i know less german than i thought i did! cant really make sense of enough for the info to be usefull! what especially threw me was watching the vid when he read off the temperature which sounded like 'hundert sieben tag' but i thought in german it was 'hundert siebzig' to mean 180 ? what he said, isnt that just 'hundred and eight day' which doesnt make sense! is this some regional dialect or did i just hear the video wrong or what? lol
Old 02-09-2005, 01:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Pinolelst
Anyone know where the term "babelfish" originally came from
Of course! It's from the hitchhiker through galaxy (or how it's called in english ...).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.