Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Extra long body posts - support brace too wide?

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Extra long body posts - support brace too wide?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 12:41 PM
park_it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extra long body posts - support brace too wide?

I recently finished my racer body and since I have the New Era roll bar, I got a set of the long body mounting posts. My question is regarding the support braces (?) that are included w/ the long posts. The holes seem too far apart for the brace to properly sit on top of the posts (I assume that's where it's supposed to go). The posts line up and fit perfectly with my old body and the new racer body, so I know the posts and holes in the body aren't off.

I probably won't be able to use the front support because of the contour of the 'hood', but I'd still like to know what I'm doing wrong, or if the brace has the wrong dimensions?

Thx...

Old 02-25-2005, 12:53 PM
Hulkster

Default RE: Extra long body posts - support brace too wide?

Park_it,

I have a LST Racer Bod and New Era roll bar, I used the New Era "extra long" aluminum body posts and had more than enough clearance. Check the pics for reference. Hope this helps.

Hulkster.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18203.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	234649   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81919.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	234650  
Old 02-25-2005, 01:03 PM
park_it

Nice ride! If I hadn't bought 2 sets of the long losi posts, I'd probably get a set of those. (though they wouldn't look as nice on my plastic shock tower )

Just to clairify, the losi long posts work great. It's just the plastic brace that ties the posts together that I'm having trouble fitting. I've seen other posts about the long mounts with no mention of the brace. So, either 1) I'm doing something wrong, 2) no one uses the braces, or 3) my braces have the wrong dimensions. In my installation, the posts aren't extended very far, so I probably don't need to use the brace. I'm just curious as to the fit problem.

I'll snap a pic tonight if I remember. Thanks.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:40 PM
AussieLST

I use the brace on top of the body. It flexes in the middle which puts tension on the posts. I think it is designed that way to help lock the body down and not put all the strain on the clips.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:28 AM
park_it

Thanks Aussie. That does make sense - thinking about how the clips tore through my stock body in no time. I'll give it a shot like that. Thanks.