Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

LST Racer Body--Does it have an overspray film on it??

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

LST Racer Body--Does it have an overspray film on it??

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 09:59 PM
taildraggerdave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LST Racer Body--Does it have an overspray film on it??

I just got a couple of new bodies. One is the regular LST racer body and the other is the Crowd Pleaser. The CP has a sticker telling you about the overspray film on the outside of the body. The LST doesn't say. I tried to peel it on one of the cornersof the Losi to see if there was any but I couldn't get any film to lift up. Thanks
Old 03-07-2005, 10:24 PM
AlphaAuriga
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: LST Racer Body--Does it have an overspray film on it??

Heck No! Wish they would though.......
Old 03-08-2005, 06:48 PM
LST freaky

Nope I thought they did but i was wrong. If you do get overspray on it you can put some fuel on a rag and wipe it off. Is your LST Racer body really thick? Mine was and it makes it hard to cut but will last for quite a while.

B
Old 03-08-2005, 07:52 PM
AlphaAuriga

Yeah, the LST Racer Body is really thick. Don't cut with like scissors. What I do is take a brand spankin' new xacto blade and score along the body lines with medium pressure along the body lines where I'd normally cut. Be careful not to drift and cut across the body. After I've scored the entire body. I just start "flexing" along the score. The lexan will break off cleanly. On some of the harder corners, I do have to do this a little at a time, but I rarely use scissors anymore....
Old 03-09-2005, 12:42 AM
dray33

Sweet! Good stuff right there. I'll have to try that on the next body. Plan to go with the Racer body as well.

ORIGINAL: AlphaAuriga

Yeah, the LST Racer Body is really thick. Don't cut with like scissors. What I do is take a brand spankin' new xacto blade and score along the body lines with medium pressure along the body lines where I'd normally cut. Be careful not to drift and cut across the body. After I've scored the entire body. I just start "flexing" along the score. The lexan will break off cleanly. On some of the harder corners, I do have to do this a little at a time, but I rarely use scissors anymore....
Old 03-09-2005, 01:00 AM
taildraggerdave

Mine turned out nice. I'll take some photos tomorrow afternoon. The body is really thick. I imagine they do that to help the body last longer in a racing enviroment. Too bad I can't use my New Era rollbar with it. Just got it but had to take it out to fit this body. I guess if you got their extra long aluminum mounts you could use both but that kind of defeats the purpose of having a low slung aerodynamic race body.....and FWIW, the Ofna Body Reamer is worth its weight in gold.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:04 AM
LST freaky

I also found out that you might want to drill a few holes in the front window since the body sits so low there is not as much air getting to the engine to cool it down which makes temps go up. Hade a 25 degree difference just by a body change. I do like the idea of the exacto to cut the body I wil try it next time for sure I went through 2 pairs of sissors cutting and trimming and took almost 3 hours. well worth it for the body I have already spent alot of time on the lid and holding strong.
Old 03-09-2005, 12:23 PM
dOWa423

I would personally not use the razor blade scoring technique. What you really need to do is buy some curved tip Lexan sissors. See link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WD1V

They are made special just to cut Lexan. Then you can use sandpaper to smooth the edges.
You should also get an Gouger for the body holes.

Here is a pic of mine before spraying. [8D]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71698.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	241011   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82564.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	241012  
Old 03-09-2005, 07:45 PM
AlphaAuriga

ORIGINAL: dOWa423

I would personally not use the razor blade scoring technique. What you really need to do is buy some curved tip Lexan sissors. See link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WD1V

They are made special just to cut Lexan. Then you can use sandpaper to smooth the edges.
You should also get an Gouger for the body holes.

Here is a pic of mine before spraying. [8D]
Is there any particular reason why you wouldn't use the "razor blade scoring technique"?

Just for further clarification, I use an Xacto blade, not a straight edge razor blade. I've used this method since the mid-eightes. If you have good control with the blade, you won't have any problems such as accidentally moving too quickly and scoring the across the door or something like that. Xacto blades are cheaper than a pair of scissors. Blades will go dull as will the scissors.....

The scoring method is very clean. When done properly there is no need for sanding....

Old 03-09-2005, 09:43 PM
taildraggerdave

Here's a couple of photos....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29461.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	241401   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qm35809.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	241402