Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Fading Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 12:56 PM
JaysonR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fading Brakes

I have fading break power. Has anyone had this problem before? I know my batterys are charged, does anyone know what the problem could be?
Old 04-10-2005, 01:57 PM
JaysonR

Default RE: Fading Brakes

So what happens is, for every time I run the truck, the distance to make it come to a complete hult from a WOT is longer and longer. I still have stock brakes, using the same 5 cell battery as before. 1st fet times I ran it, it would flip end over end if I did the brake too hard. Now, it just comes to a slow stop. DOn't understand...
Old 04-10-2005, 03:29 PM
ThermalRD

Ya, even the XRC review on the truck noted that the stock brakes fade horribly. Switch the pads, to the Team Losi hi performance brake pads. They will improve the performance of the brakes, and drastically reduce fade during long runs. They wont lock up, and chatter anymore either.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:03 PM
jamishmo

I'm going to change my stock brakes to ones with the Hi-Perf brake pads, and the Cradock discs. So...how do you get the pads and discs off!?! It seems like a simple job. I took the mechanism apart, undid the two screws that seem to the hold the brakes in place, but still can't get them off. Is there some trick?
Old 04-10-2005, 08:33 PM
BLKHWK

I usually remove the trans. It can be done without, but for me this is less frustrating and I'm in no hurry anyway.