Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Losi Super King Pins

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 05:55 PM
URnoMatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi Super King Pins

Hey, I got a LST coming in the mail and I'm looking into getting a pair of the losi Super King Pins. I was wondering if anyone has them and if they are worth the money? I see that they have a large side wall on them andwas wondering if they have alot of roll in the corners. I have the sway bars on the truck that I'm getting and I know this will help keep the rubber down in the corners but I don't want alot of tire roll to add to the factor of traction. If anyone has them any input will help. Thanks....[/size][/size]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22292.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	270577  
Old 05-12-2005, 07:10 PM
kevinb456

Default RE: Losi Super King Pins

if your only just buying the LST - there are alot more essential things to buy for it first, but the king pins are a good tire.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:26 PM
icenutz

I have had the king pins for a few weeks. I have not had time to mess with my suspension since putting them on so i can not blame the tires for my issues. It is very hard for me to keep all four tires on the track in the turns. The inside tires, especially the rear, come up and i roll. I am going to try some different set ups this week and If I have any results I will post them. The tires do grab very well.

Here are some pics, check out my inside tires:

Name:	Bz76998.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	270734   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96577.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	270735  
Old 05-13-2005, 06:55 AM
URnoMatch

kevin I asked about the tires not what other essential things I should get. See that is what is wrong with these forums. People run to the left field and the freaking ball is going to the right. Now icenutz thanks for the info. I will be looking for your report. I'm looking at the king pins or the BRT1's. I'm still thinking the King pins have to much roll in the sidewall and that is why you are having a lil problem keeping the tires down in the corners. Thanks
Old 05-13-2005, 07:05 AM
FTWOTHTB

Maybe you should go back and play in the sand. On these forums people are just being helpful. If you don't want help...DON"T POST! [sm=thumbdown.gif]
Old 05-13-2005, 07:31 AM
Hezrou

URnoMatch 2 posts and already getting peoples backs up. You said its your first LST and Kevin was just pointing out to a first time owner that the truck needs some improvements.

So when you are back on the forum complaining that your diff case is cracked dont expect sympathy.

On the subject of Kingpins there is a large post already on them. try looking for it
Old 05-13-2005, 07:44 AM
FTWOTHTB

That a boy HEZROU and by the way URnoMATCH [sm=RAINFRO.gif] LST's don't come with swaybars!
Old 05-13-2005, 08:02 AM
URnoMatch

And so we continue on with stuff that has no relation to what the question was asked. Thats ok I'll figure it out myself. I never said that it was a new truck. I know that a new truck doesn't come with a sway bar. This is why people post questions over and over again because their question is never really answered. Icenuts is the only person that answered the question at hand. When people ask questions on here this is the way they end up because no one ever answers the questions[sm=drowning.gif] if you want to respond to the question then do if not move out and draw fire.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:59 AM
kevinb456

ORIGINAL: URnoMatch

kevin I asked about the tires not what other essential things I should get. See that is what is wrong with these forums. People run to the left field and the freaking ball is going to the right. Now icenutz thanks for the info. I will be looking for your report. I'm looking at the king pins or the BRT1's. I'm still thinking the King pins have to much roll in the sidewall and that is why you are having a lil problem keeping the tires down in the corners. Thanks

fair enough, but no need to be an ass about it. i had best intentions dont be so aggrressive. in relation to king pins vs BRT1's i have no experience of the king pins, but i have just run my set of BRT1's for the first time and im very impressed. i dont race, so it may be different from a racers point of view but they grip well look awesome and dont have as much sidewall.

the side roll is not the issue in icenutz case. im pretty sure the suspension is too stiff which is why the inside tyres come up. sway bars will also help this. ice, i think it should improve once you have a chance to mess around with the suspension. what springs are you running? try a lighter combo and sway bars.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:45 AM
icenutz

OK - the crap is over, lets talk king pins. I was running 30 wt oil with black springs and the small sway bar up front, and yellow springs with the heavy sway bar in the rear. I do think it is to stiff as you see no suspension sag in the photos. I believe I am going with 30 wt oil with stock springs this weekend. I will incorporate sway bars as I go. I also have threaded shock bodies for easy adjustment on that.

Has anyone added some fuel tubing or a spacer inside the shocks to help lower the suspension??

Old 05-13-2005, 04:36 PM
ahspots

Ice, I run stock springs in the front and white in the rear. Large sway bar front and rear w/ BRTs. When I race all 4 tires stay on the ground in the corners. However the ride seems to be rougher. I experience a hopping effect over rough sections. So does anyone have a better set up then this? The truck really turns well but on the rough it does not seem as fluid. Oh I forgot Ice I have the threaded shocks and I thread the nut down untill the spring have no slop.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:38 PM
icenutz

ahspots, how does your LST handle jumps with that set up? Do you have to fight to get level in the air?
Old 05-13-2005, 06:06 PM
ahspots

no it handle the same little gas right before the jump. and of course brake or gas in the air depending on the jump
Old 05-13-2005, 06:07 PM
ahspots

oops handles
Old 05-18-2005, 03:09 PM
captanabolic

Dude, You can't go wrong with the BRT's. I like to race with them because the are a little wider than the king pins. Plus the have mad grip and they are holding up well. I run these with orange springs and 35WT oil. I have been very competitive this season so far. Our track is well maintaned so I do not have to change my setup that much. There is no practice during the week so the track does not get rutted.

the CAPT
Old 05-18-2005, 03:49 PM
helijj
My Feedback: (5)

URnoMatch, I haven't use it yet but I spoke to Adam Drake and he told me that he is using King pings on his truck. You will have to lower your suspension for effectiveness on offroad track. That way your tires are going to be always on the track and on any curb. You can see mine (picture). I use that setting with my tires(proline, bow-tie) . The Bow-tie has the same traction as the King ping, the only different is that bow-tie tire are low profile the king ping are bigger. I don't recommend you that tires and setting for bashing. King ping tires are for off-road racing not pavement.

Name:	Om32066.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	273305   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96109.jpg
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	273306  
Old 05-18-2005, 05:03 PM
URnoMatch

Thanks for the info helijj, I have ordered a set of brt1's. I may try the king pins later. The king pins look great on those rims though. They dont seen to have that much sidewall once on rims. Oh well, to late for now. What rims are those? Are they the large series? I just bought the brt1's and a set of large series dish rims because me and ahspots are at the same place and the other rims that he has are large series but the inner part where the nut goes got tweaked after on day of use. He now runs then with a washer and I think I will do the same with my dish wheels. The dish wheels are PN 145526 and the BRT1's are PN 145512 At hobby people.

Name:	Jh16177.jpg
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	273343   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76465.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	273344