Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Losi Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

What makes the LST so much better than a revo or savage?

Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

What makes the LST so much better than a revo or savage?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 02:40 PM
happyhobo69
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What makes the LST so much better than a revo or savage?

Please do tell me. there better be somthing because its a lot more than the others.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:55 PM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: What makes the LST so much better than a revo or savage?

The radio for one is well worth the $175-$200 that it would cost aftermarket. It has every feature that I would want, 6-vehicle memory, is Synthesized and more! The rest is in the design. Go to your LHS and really look over all 3. You will decide on the LST because of its looks, the hearty monster shocks, the longer and wider stance, the 2 steering servos, and the quality overall. Nuff said.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:19 PM
jandsrc
My Feedback: (2)

With the cost of the radio, receiver, and nice steering servos you have the difference in cost. I have owned a MGT, Savage, and T Maxx and hands down the LST is a much better performer on the track. For bashing you need to upgrade to RPM arms but that is well worth it.[sm=RAINFRO.gif]
Old 08-26-2005, 09:21 PM
happyhobo69
My Feedback: (6)

Thats what i thought
Old 08-28-2005, 04:21 PM
plecofish

the chassis engineering, and the suspensions
Old 08-28-2005, 06:31 PM
benifur
My Feedback: (4)

Look at my signature. And I have a REVO on the way so for sure I can give you a unbias opinion sometime in the near future. But at this piont in time the LST is the best all-around MT. IMO
Old 08-28-2005, 10:34 PM
pointblank

My bro in law just picked up his REVO. He loves it, and so do I. But I love my LST more. The Traxxas radio is a toy and basically useless. The REVO is lighter and has a bit better steering out of the box. I replaced my tires and rims, and now my LST has a much better turning radius. The chassis on the LST is laid out so perfectly, easy to wrench, easy to move/access stuff if you need to. Plus all the parts are front/rear compatible. The LST's transmission is all metal gears opposed to the REVO's plastic gears. The REVO's idle set screw is almost impossible to access without picking up the truck, which isn't bad, just a peeve of mine. His A arms and turnbuckles bend or snap A LOT more than the LST's. So if you are a mild basher, and will be conservative on the track go for the REVO. But if you want a truck that can hands down bash, then race and not have to change a thing, get the LST.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:59 AM
leejax02
My Feedback: (1)

REvo is a good truck, but Traxxas is a bit out dated in radio department. 2.5R engine is a bit underpowered, especially if you are looking for raw power and quick acceleration from stop. The Revo is to me a bit crowded and a bit difficult to work on.

Savage is slower, no reverse, weaker engine,plastic pipe,weak steering servo , but has a good radio. If you opt for the 4.6 version or Special Edition version, you will get better components and it is actually a good basher, but takes ALOT to become a good racer.

The LST has it all. It is fast, top components, good basher and racer. Easy to work on and they have excellent customer service.

I have had all three, and I preferr the LST, then the Revo and then the Savage.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:28 PM
cruiserx

not even close..the engineering and quality build of the lst is not as good as the revo..the lst has weak diffs,problems with the engine, and i mean multi problems with the engine, the cvd's break pretty easy...etc!! the revo is perfect out of the box..no recalls..top notch build quality and engineering..the radio works fine..not as good as the lst's but it does the job for bashing..the 2.5r has great power in the lighter revo and the drivetrain is ultra reliable and butter smooth when compared to the lst..the lst has potential..but it has way to many bugs for a truck costing as much as it does..losi has a ways to go in the quality department with the lst when compared to the traxxas revo.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:03 PM
2DMaxLST!!

What about the service bulletin regarding the diffs on the Revo?? Let's see pics of what you got.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:18 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

What about the service bulletin regarding the diffs on the Revo?? Let's see pics of what you got.
My diff blew out at 1.5 gallons... and they still replaced it. There was a batch that got bad diffs... but that's what happens with mass-produced products... sometimes they get messed up. I'm not gonna post pics of what I've got... 'cause you have pics of mine. LOL ... I think that ALL trucks have their problems... some more than others... and you just have to decide what you are willing to put up with. I have yet to see a truck out there that DOESN'T have problems... most of that comes from mass production. Some of the "problem children" are made on Friday afternoon when everyone just wants to get home... or Monday morning when no one has woken up yet. *shrug* I'm tired of all the "this truck is better than this other truck because of this..." They all have problems, and they all have supporters... I mean, even my most loathed truck has many supporters (Mammoth MT)
Old 09-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Nitro Goose

ORIGINAL: cruiserx

not even close..the engineering and quality build of the lst is not as good as the revo..the lst has weak diffs,problems with the engine, and i mean multi problems with the engine, the cvd's break pretty easy...etc!! the revo is perfect out of the box..no recalls..top notch build quality and engineering..the radio works fine..not as good as the lst's but it does the job for bashing..the 2.5r has great power in the lighter revo and the drivetrain is ultra reliable and butter smooth when compared to the lst..the lst has potential..but it has way to many bugs for a truck costing as much as it does..losi has a ways to go in the quality department with the lst when compared to the traxxas revo.

First of all, "perfect out of the box" is only a matter of opinion. I've never owned an R/C yet that didn't have an issue somewhere out of the box. Some are just better than others. And...the REVO did have a recall on the diffs (certain series of manufacture), because they were breaking.

I've owned both. That being said, MY never to be humble opinion on build quality goes one up to the LST....two up if you're speaking on ease of wrenching. As to facts from my ownership experience - LST CVD's don't break easily - I broke ONE from an early production truck, am still running all stock CVD's and haven't broken another in 4 gallons. I've had NO problems whatsoever with the engine. Still original, still running strong - NEVER have to re-tune it - which is more than I can say for the 2.5. The diffs are NOT weak. The stock diff cases have seen some early breaks - but mine were like new when I removed them at 2 gal. to replace them with alum. ones.

The REVO is not a bad truck. My experience though, driving them both, is that the LST has better handling/jumping characteristics, is faster out of the box, is easier to work on, and has much more access to electronic fine tuning (that's where the radio comes in). And, my LST had less down-time due to broken parts.

Most trucks these days are good, but let's face it, EVERY production line of vehicle is going to have problems somewhere along the way.

**I wish that if people are going to bash one truck in comparison to another, they'd at least have OWNED both first...so they could give an honest evaluation.**
Old 09-01-2005, 05:49 PM
leejax02

The LST is the Truck of the Year. The Revo is a good truck in its own right and the LST does not take that away from it, but with that said, I have not broken anything major so far on the LST. The 2 Revo's that I had kept on having issues with Opti-Drives,remember when the 2.5 came out and was either a hit or a miss?...I actually got one brand new with a mismatched piston/sleeve, broken arms and IMO does not drive as easliy as the LST and sure does not jump as well. On this subject, there is really no right answer, but facts and opinions.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:57 PM
cruiserx

lol..very touchy crowd..the lst is a great performing truck.my uncle has one and a revo,yes he's big into nitro..i have 2 2.5 t-maxx's and a savage 25..i'm not bashing the lst, it's just that for the money it cost it's had a lot of factory issues ( problems ).yes the revo had a very small batch of spider gear problems..very small..and traxxas was fast to correct it.the lst still has weak diff houseings.you have to buy the aluminum one's to fix it.i guess they have fixed the engine issues.but i guess thats not really thier fault.mach engines.but the cvd's are a little wimpy for a truck that cost $600.00.the pins are always coming out..my uncle has had all of these problems with his lst..so has a lot of other people.the revo has been very reliable.but all trucks have thier issues.the lst is a new truck and i'm sure that losi will continue to improve on it's machine..i like the lst..it looks alwsome and man it will perform!! but like a new model car it's got a few bugs to be ironed out..and losi is a very classy company that takes pride in thier products..i'm sure they'll get it right.traxxas has just been in the nitro moster truck game a little longer than everybody else.they do it all themselves..no outsourcing of motors or anything else.better control of quality..losi is i'm sure working it out with mach engines to get it right..maybe when they improve on the little things with it i'll get one..it's just to much money for me right now to get one and have to add things to it.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:26 AM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: leejax02
The 2 Revo's that I had kept on having issues with Opti-Drives,remember when the 2.5 came out and was either a hit or a miss?...
That's when you take OUT the opti-drive... and reverse... and do a FOC. Trust me... you don't really miss reverse.. LOL
Old 09-03-2005, 07:24 AM
leejax02

Again, it is a preference issue, but for every bad report, there are many more "runs great" that we don't hear. The diff cases is something that is to me opinionated as many don't change out and run for several gallons and still going fine. I ran for a long time with no diff issues and eventually bought a roller with the aluminum diffs and eventually changed. Both trucks are great and of course Losi will iron out all concerns. IMO from owning a Savage, 2 Revo's and 3 LST's, the Savage is best at bashing, and the LST and Revo are good at racing, with my personal preference going toward the LST.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Mech747

ya but what are the qualities that makes a good basher anyways but the savage is a nice truck with it's tvp design but i think they went overkill with the suspension and bulkhead components which makes the savage extremely heavy []
Old 09-05-2005, 11:23 AM
leejax02

What makes a great basher is toughness, or the ability to not break when another vehicles would. The Savage is proven in that aspect and as most of the bashing videos are 80% Savages. I had one and would do things with it that I would not try with another truck. The Savage is hard to work on and that is because the design is rigid to allow for a truck that holds up to most first time r/c owners who learn to drive and get used to how and what an r/c can take. The suspension is great for jumping, not especially on a track, but more for the average everyday jumping.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:48 PM
s-maxx-basher

when it was truck of the year i thought to myself"finally they made a fiar chioce, and a good one" they amde revo truck of the eyar befor it was realeased. that seemed like toatal BS. hears everything good about the lst.
new chassis set up
never been done like this befor, everything is set up perfect.
screws- they used top nothc screws on everything
radio
the radio, and four servos, coast 300 alone. maybe more. crazyiest radio system out there(besdies a spektrum)
2 speed, high and low, not alone does it have a two speed tranny, but you can switch ratios, from a low end wheelie poping truck, to a fast tire ballooing monster.
i like the clear radio box, safe from harms way. wireing on that truck is the cleanist ive seen.
the engine
they were having some problems with the enigne but i think its sorted. crazy fast and an easy starting, drill like system.
suspension
craziest suspension set up out there.4 HUGH shocks, takes 2 and a half bottles of oil to fill them.
its TOUGH.
the only weak spots are a arms and turnbukles, maybe diff cases too. there are a lot of hop ups out there.
i could keep going, but i think i made my point. if i could have any truck, it would be a lst.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:57 PM
lone savage

hey i own a savage, revo,tmaxx,supermaxx,jt/maxx truggy,mp777sp1,monster pirate,emaxx,mad force,mbx4,mbx5 truggy,mutant maxx,xxxnt ad2,hpi rush, and LST and the losi is by far my fav!!i smash em,jump em,race em and i think losi is the bomb,except the moter,that is my least fav part, it work but it is delicate!
Old 09-06-2005, 06:59 PM
lone savage

oh yea ,,,what makes it better ???THE SHOCKS!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Ashalak

I have been a die hard Revo owner since they where first released, and at a similar time I had experience with an LST, when they just came out. I have to say that when I saw the LST in action it didn't really do it for me. My friend had problems with the engine and diffs both being unreliable, he sold the truck not too long after buying it. Looking back though it seems that things have come under control slightly, things have been addressed and information has been gathered and such things as the ally diff housings have now become common knowledge. Needless to say I have began to do some research and decided on giving the LST a go for myself, I placed my order for one yesterday along with some essential items. I have just sold my MGT to fund the LST, I liked the way the MGT handled and it went well, but I have never seen such poor quality metals and plastics with such a high tendancy to wear. This is why I decided to sell the MGT and looked into getting a suitable replacement, which is when I settled on the LST. I largely bash but I do occasionally race and I am an experienced nitro entheausiast that knows what he likes and demands something that not only looks the business but can do it to.

I just hope that I am not going to regret buying the LST, I hope that it prooves itself to be durable and reliable enough where I found the MGT wasn't, and as big of a task as it may be I would like it to be closer to my Revo in terms of build quality, reliability and performance because in my opinion, the revo as a complete package in all of those aspects cannot be beaten.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:22 PM
benifur
My Feedback: (4)

You didn't think the stock MGT was tough enough?? The stock lst is whimpier. A-arms are real weak.But a awsome platform from wich to work........ Is it a all out racer, or is it a bad ass basher? I love the LST!
Old 09-07-2005, 05:26 AM
Ashalak

It wasn't weak as in durability, but weak in the way the components where manufactured which allowed it to wear the way it did.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:02 PM
red233

the revo is nice and so is the LST. i own the lst and my freind owns a revo. i feel bad for the revo though cause my freind beats the crud out of his engines. he revs them so hard. and hes not easy on the throttle. he aslo owns a savage good truck too. he has mostly stock parts minus the engine because he cranc shaft fell apart. he has the .28 now the the savage wheeles like now other. its a matter of oppinion. if your new to nitro rc go with the LST. its easy to wrench on and the layout fo the servos is more straight forward. if you want a revo for a little truck that can zip around go with the revo but the lst can give the revo a run for its money. i dont know about the savage i havent been able to go to the track with my freind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.