Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

$70 for TiNi gears???

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 04:55 PM
PillowPants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $70 for TiNi gears???

That seems a little steep to me... Anybody know where i can get them cheaper???
Old 10-05-2005, 05:23 PM
jedelaney

Default RE: $70 for TiNi gears???

Try killerhobbies.com they have them for $62.39. Of course with shipping they're going to be back up close to $70.00. I've seen them in a LHS for $79.95, so unless you luck out somewhere else, killerhobbies.com may be your best bet!
Old 10-05-2005, 05:30 PM
PillowPants

alright[] I'll just wait till christmas or something. I've got the cash but my dad want's me to "invest" better and spend my money "wiser". He thinks this hobby is a joke...
Old 10-05-2005, 07:36 PM
RCtruckRacer

Just remind him that the more time you spend bashing your trucks means the less time you have to get into trouble!
Old 10-05-2005, 08:36 PM
DaveG55

First off, it's a hobby, not a joke and not an investment. Most hobbies are just something that you're intrested in and that you enjoy. Unfortunatly they are often expensive. This one is not really too bad, there are some that are a lot worse.
That being said, your dad is right. Investing is very important to your future and easy enough to do. If you invest, truly invest, just 10% of everything you make you WILL be a millionare at some point in your live.
That's great for the long term but for the short term, try working out a compromise with your dad. Offer to save 1/2 of what you currently have in a mutually agreed way and do some odd jobs to make up the difference for your new gears. Maybe that cooperation and initative will ease your dad's concerns.

By the way, I agree.........I want the TiNi gears too but $70.............that's gonna take some serious rationalization.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:21 PM
tonytiger

steep that is a great price
ORIGINAL: TheHamburglar

That seems a little steep to me... Anybody know where i can get them cheaper???
Old 10-05-2005, 09:23 PM
tonytiger

oh my god i thought you were grown up......you should listen to your old man trust me he knows what he is talking about
ORIGINAL: TheHamburglar

alright[] I'll just wait till christmas or something. I've got the cash but my dad want's me to "invest" better and spend my money "wiser". He thinks this hobby is a joke...
Old 10-09-2005, 10:32 PM
pointblank

Rich Dad Poor Dad, Robert Kiyosaki...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

Just remember, the guy, like other self-help "guru's" is a REALLY good salesman, his advice is great, other products not so great...

Wow I can't believe I just posted that in the LST forum. What is this world coming to?