Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Mach 26 Temp...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 03:39 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mach 26 Temp...

The OS .30 never had that, it's at OS getting looked at, that's a Racer Edge Surefire .32.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:41 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Nice... you like that one? It looks like it's got GOBS of power...

When I get mine... I doubt I'll keep the Mach... LOL
Old 01-10-2006, 04:01 PM
2DMaxLST!!

So far so good with this engine, it starts so easy I've not even bothered putting on a roto-start. I've only got a little over a gallon so far.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:51 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

So far so good with this engine, it starts so easy I've not even bothered putting on a roto-start. I've only got a little over a gallon so far.
THat was one thing I HATED about the XTM 24.7 on my friend's Mammoth... it turned me off on the pull-starts all together... it took like 20-30 pulls to get the dang thing started.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:03 PM
RCKid1992

So did you guys really meet up and race or is this fictional?
Old 01-10-2006, 08:38 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Of course we did, click the pic for the race!!
[link=http://www.dennisnadams.com/tmaxx/LST/Phoenix_0002.wmv][/link]

I drove 2 thousand miles to answer the challenge.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:36 PM
RenegadeRevo

Of course we did, click the pic for the race!!
[link=http://www.dennisnadams.com/tmaxx/LST/Phoenix_0002.wmv][/link]

I drove 2 thousand miles to answer the challenge.
And I drove 45...

Just a disclaimer (not an excuse) it was my first time racing.... and I had some issues with my glowplugs in the qualifiers... and due to my own stupidity, my battery died at the end of my 6th lap. If I had not died out, I would have been in the running for third place. But... in the parking lot we drag raced...
Old 01-10-2006, 10:06 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Once again I don't kow why you keep bringing that up, hell I had a stock engine and you have a engine 65% larger than your stocker. I was with or ahead each drag till I hit my topspeed which due to the close ratio transmission was about ~24mph. If I had come there to drag race, trust me I would have been ready for that. You called me out to race and I won by at a dozen laps or more in standard monster truck class. Damn can you at least show just on tiny bit of acceptance of that??

I have a feeling that if I told you that I would pay you a crisp $100 dollar bill if you could beat me here, in a drag race, at a actual drag race venue with timing lights, I don't think you would accept the challenge, like I did.[8D]
Old 01-10-2006, 10:36 PM
RenegadeRevo

Once again I don't kow why you keep bringing that up, hell I had a stock engine and you have a engine 65% larger than your stocker. I was with or ahead each drag till I hit my topspeed which due to the close ratio transmission was about ~24mph. If I had come there to drag race, trust me I would have been ready for that. You called me out to race and I won by at a dozen laps or more in standard monster truck class. Damn can you at least show just on tiny bit of acceptance of that??

I have a feeling that if I told you that I would pay you a crisp $100 dollar bill if you could beat me here, in a drag race, at a actual drag race venue with timing lights, I don't think you would accept the challenge, like I did.[8D]
LOL... I accept it... you're a better driver than I am... and you won... I didn't really mean it that way... LOL... just said we drag raced in the parking lot... that's all... LOL.... and you're right... I probably wouldn't accept... LOL I don't feel the need to drive 2000 miles to race... (plus, now I have a 3 month old baby, and I doubt my wife would let me leave for that long just to go drag race someone... ) She had a hard enough time with when I went there.. and she was pregnant... LOL I apologize... I did not mean to sound like I was not giving you credit... you are a great racer... and you beat me fair and square. I really wish we had taken a video of the drag race (really, just for my perspective) I'd like to see (and remember) how it went... 'cause one thing YOU have to remember is I was not setup for drag racing either. I had dropped my gearing (and forgot my shift point) to a more high-speed, lower accelleration platform so that I could get a little more grip on the track (since I was using stocker tires and not racing tires... and the TQ3 doesn't come with progressive throttle) With my other gear set in... I would have probably out accellerated you... because of the exact reason you stated... my engine is actually more like 90% more powerful than the stock 2.5r (1.33hp v. 2.3-2.6hp) with your truck geared for higher top speed, you would have sacrificed the accelleration you had (just the law of gearing... I was in 1:1 cars for a long time... it's why I wanted to go with 3.43's instead of the 2.73 stockers in my Z28.... I would have had a lower top speed... but the accelleration would have been a TON better.) Either way, you won... and that's all there is to it. You changed my mind somewhat about the LST... I love your LST, and it made me want to get one. (I'm just not going to go out and sell my Revo for one)... I should be getting my new house soon (that's kinda up in the air right now, 'cause a better deal just fell in our lap)... and after that, I'll probably be getting the LST... I'm thinking I'll get an LST instead of an LST2... but... I dunno.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:32 AM
2DMaxLST!!

You should get a LST2 if you get one!! I did not mean to sound harsh in my last post and I do regret it. If you knew what the missed billable hours cost me to make that trip in addition to the 8hrs of defensive driving that I had to take courtesy of the Texas department of public safety for the ticket I got on my way home I think you would understand my sensitivity.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:52 PM
RenegadeRevo

LOL... yeah, I can see how that put you a little on edge... LOL... Anyways, there really isn't much of a question of *IF* I'm getting one... it's more WHEN I get it... LOL... I'm waiting for the dust to settle a little with our baby and new house... then I can get another toy. Right now, we found a great deal on a couple of acres we're seeing if we can make it happen... LOL... otherwise... we've got a 3000 sq. ft house we're building that I need to come up with a down payment for. We've got all of our baby stuff... so, that's good... after the dust settles from the house, I think I'll be more able to justify buying another $600 truck.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:48 PM
FA-18MECH

i have a mach .26 on a revo and i like to keep the temp at about 200-250 and it is a death trap for sure lmao
Old 04-07-2006, 09:00 PM
tsperling

2DMax,
What kind of wheels you have on your car? are your wheels still 20 mm compatible, or did you change to another size? Also, what temp do you run you SF32? Also, does your have enough power to pull wheelies? Mine does only half the time, if that.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:37 PM
FA-18MECH

i am running team losi 40 series tires they bolt right on to the revo like a champ and im running top fuel 33%. it pulls the front tires up all the time it dont care. i am running a 16 bell and a 40 spur gear the only bad thing is i keep striping the spur gear out of it buts it a blast to run i gave a rb 23 on a revo a smack down yesterday.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Loswave

I wouldn't actually worry much about the temp in the Mach 26, as long as it's over 240 F. I had a talk with Fuelman, he's the owner of Cooper Fuels, and you could say he knows a thing or two. According to him, you need to get up to 240ish because that is what they were built to run at, and you have the proper expansion in you cylinder at that point. The main thing to look for is a nice blue plume of smoke when your on the throttle. In other words the temperature is not what actually hurts the engine, it's actually that when the temperature is high, it tends to be because you are running lean, if this is the case, your engine doesn't get the oil it needs to keep things from binding, or flying to bits. He said he'd had a buggy that he regularly ran at about 400 F, and it worked fine. As to my engine, It normally runs at 265 - 310 depending on the day, It has enough oil going through it that at low throttle it leaves the ground visibly damp, and at WOT leaves a nice blue smoke trail. It still has perfect compression. Actually, if I richen it at all, it bogs, and sometimes dies from flooding itself, it was after I figured this out that I talked to Fuelman. In short as long as you have a good blue exhaust you should be alright.