Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

got my lst today...wont run H-E-L-P!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: got my lst today...wont run H-E-L-P!

ORIGINAL: AnotherBoringUsername

Dude.. I didnt feel like reading all that. AMke sure you charge your Glow ignitor for a day, make sure the slipper is nice n tight, and make sure theres no air leaks. Then get a ne wplug, and fueltubing, and try it again. It shouldve started by now..

No offense, but it sure seems like a waste of time to post a reply to something you wont even bother to read!!! If you would have taken the time to read, you would have found out that he had a great day!

RXP: it may make more financial sense to just buy the LST2 upgrade kit, or conversely, just those parts from the upgrade kit that you want. Like the drivetrain, a-arms, carriers and c-hubs. Thats what I may do.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:48 PM

ORIGINAL: AnotherBoringUsername

Dude.. I didnt feel like reading all that. AMke sure you charge your Glow ignitor for a day, make sure the slipper is nice n tight, and make sure theres no air leaks. Then get a ne wplug, and fueltubing, and try it again. It shouldve started by now..

Well, heck. I dont know what to do. I just cant get the thing started.

RacerX,

The guy at my LHS said the LST II is WAY quicker than an LST, so I was thinking rather than doing a motor swap on a fairly new truck, Id just get what I could out of mine, and put it towards the II. This is, naturally, after I find evidence that the II is THAT much quicker.

Thanks for the advice though!
Old 01-26-2006, 10:10 PM

I'll run my stock mach .26 (in an otherwise FULLY hopped up LST) against any stock LST2. Whoever wins will purely be a matter of the driver. Definately do not trade it just because of the engine. For all I know, the guy at your LHS may be looking at your truck thinking: man, I might be able to get that for myself, CHEAP!

LST w/mach .26 (aftermarket head)
Old 01-26-2006, 11:53 PM

LOL I rea dhis like first 2 posts. they were so long I couldn't help but skip the rest. Glad ya like it, if it runs. LOL I feel stoopead
Old 01-27-2006, 07:25 PM

Thats a really nice truck Racer, does the exhaust actually do anything, or are they mainly for looks?

The guy at my LHS not only said theLSTII is faster, he said they were way, way faster.

ABU,

I made the posts long on purpose. I feel its my only way of paying those back that have given me advice along the way. I hate it when people ask for help and people offer advice, and you never hear back from them. I figure its the least I can do, is keep them updated as to how I was doing.

[8D]
Old 01-27-2006, 07:58 PM

Thanks for the compliment! The pipe is from RD Logics. It did help to open up the low end a good deal.

And unless you're drag racing, top speed makes no difference. Your LHS guy either buys into the manufacturers hype, or may just be trying to squeeze more money out of you, or he is simply referring to just top speed. Though I doubt the LST2 is more than a mile or 2 an hour faster. Losi always claimed a 44 mph top speed for the LST 1, somehow I doubt they claim the 2 is over 50.

And yes, some of us enjoy hearing back on how things went. Thank you!
Old 01-27-2006, 08:26 PM

Yes, the top speed is...too much as it is. I mean, maybe Ill get better, but the dang thing is hard to keep in a straight line at WOT.

Oh, and also, I've notice myself using the low range quite a bit. I was in a construction area the other day where there wasnt much opportunity to run fast. The thing is just crazy fun to try and climb dirt piles and such. And the LR makes it nice when you have tight spots to get a short run at a jump.

Youve got a lot of nice stuff on that truck, is there anythings that you think are better mods than others, and WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE COOL SHOCK BOOTIES[8D]
Old 01-27-2006, 09:42 PM

The shock socks are from Bad Horsie. You can find them on eBay.

If I had it to do all over again, I am honestly not sure of what I would do with the LST 2 kit out there. That aside, I would say I'd keep the carbon fiber set, RPM a-arms, Alu dif's, Lunsford Turnbuckles and racing tires. After that, lots and lots and lots of fuel, and as many sets of tires you can go through. Everything else on it is just pimp factor. A year ago I felt extra aluminum in the right place would help with durability. But really, what helps the most is not crashing. Plastic breaks, aluminum bends, you crash - you burn.
For you, I say all you need are the aluminum dif covers, RPM arms and Lunsford turnbuckles. As things break, just buy stock replacement parts. With that setup, and a year of club racing under your belt, you wont be breaking much, if anything.