Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Whats the Difference?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the Difference?

hey guys, i was wondering, what the difference is (w/ the collari. 30 installed) between the stock tires, and some 40 series bowties w/20mm hexes. what ones would you install and why. i'm looking for the tire that will hook up in the most places in my backyard, and will pull the front end up w/ no problem!

PS. this kinda sounds like a exam question lol.

PSS! you guys r the best in help when needed!
Old 03-17-2006, 09:49 AM

Default RE: Whats the Difference?

a smaller diameter tire will give you more low end but take away from the top end. Larger tire will do the oposite. If you are planning on driving on the cement at all, Bowties are not a great choice as they will wear quick. The stock LST2 tires have been a GREAT overall tire for me. I have even used them over Bowties in races. since my LST will wheelie on command with the stock 427 engine and stock tires, Im SURE yours will regardless of what you install on it.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:47 PM

thanks man i guess i will have to try it out before i will be able to tell. is there anyone who has made this choice?
Old 03-17-2006, 12:50 PM

I ran bowties on my electric buggy, incredable traction. argueably too much traction for concrete; I kinda like a little tail slide on concrete; bowties would just flip the truck if it was going that fast.

and they wear down fast if you use them on concrete.

great racing tire, probably the perfect opposite of a good every day use tire. their just so soft.

to be clear, after rereading your post, if your not touching concrete with them, by all means, get em; they are awesome. not sure about in the grass, probably something like a mulch tire would work best in grass, but dirt/grass, their good.