Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Holshot carbon fiber?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 08:10 AM
superlight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holshot carbon fiber?

Does the ebay listed Holeshot carbon fiber chassis for LST fit my LST2?
Is is wise to get the complete set top/bottom/decks and all or should I just get the top/deck combo?
I mean for another $30 more I'll be getting a lot more carbon.
I play on track a little and bash more so question is will the full carbon setup be able to take the abuse?
Old 04-18-2006, 09:30 AM
RCtruckRacer

Default RE: Holshot carbon fiber?

Dont bother with the CF unless you are really into racing. One, the HS kit is not the most well cut piece of CF... it will require anywhere from a very small amount of dremmeling to a large amount to get it to fit. Not because it wont fit the 2, but because the cuts aren't real exact. I had to slightly elongate a couple of holes, other have had more than an hour of dremmel work to get everything to fit. Someone is obviously sloppy with the templates.

Second, its also not as rugged as the HD (and probably the HP) plating from Losi. When my bottom plates wear out (early this season I am sure), I'll be getting the high perfomance plates. Since I have already got everything fit I'll keep the chassis and top plates, but the 3 bottom plates will go soon.

If you don't mind a little dremmel work, the CF chassis plate is FAR more stiff than the stock chassis. It will lighten the truck a bit and give it better performance on the track. Forget the bottom plates, one race gouged mine pretty good.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:29 PM
marzac2

ORIGINAL: lstRacerX

Dont bother with the CF unless you are really into racing. One, the HS kit is not the most well cut piece of CF... it will require anywhere from a very small amount of dremmeling to a large amount to get it to fit. Not because it wont fit the 2, but because the cuts aren't real exact. I had to slightly elongate a couple of holes, other have had more than an hour of dremmel work to get everything to fit. Someone is obviously sloppy with the templates.

Second, its also not as rugged as the HD (and probably the HP) plating from Losi. When my bottom plates wear out (early this season I am sure), I'll be getting the high perfomance plates. Since I have already got everything fit I'll keep the chassis and top plates, but the 3 bottom plates will go soon.

If you don't mind a little dremmel work, the CF chassis plate is FAR more stiff than the stock chassis. It will lighten the truck a bit and give it better performance on the track. Forget the bottom plates, one race gouged mine pretty good.

I can't agree more!

I bought the HS top plate kit and the holes were just as I've read... off in many key areas. Being the strong willed idiot I am, I thought it be simple to do a little working on the holes to get them just right (I can work a dremel pretty darn well). Although it turned out to be a nightmare of an install. I think the way the holes are now, kinda makes the geometry of the front and rear bulkheads, off by a tiny bit.

Well for $80.00, Holeshot should correct these flaws. They just give refunds to unhappy customers instead.

Not the way I'd do business.

Zac
Old 04-18-2006, 04:48 PM
mikewoodkozar

I have the extreme racing complete carbon fiber kit, and it was perfect from the get go! Everything fit........except when i installed some really big (bigger than standard) servos, but you would have to dremel no matter what chassis you have. And all holes lined up, geometry is perfect, you can see some of the kit in my thread i started about LST #000599. I race my LST, but i havent broke a piece yet! Hope this helps a little, oh and yikes about the hole shot one, i am glad i didnt buy that one!
Old 04-18-2006, 05:25 PM
Ken448

My HS kit fit like a glove. No mods what so ever. I WOULD buy another one...
Old 04-19-2006, 05:10 AM
marzac2

ORIGINAL: Ken448

Thats good to hear. I hate loosing hope on a company!

Zac
Old 04-19-2006, 10:14 AM
superlight

Hmmmm... maybe I'll just stick with the stock chassis for now and get some other mods.

Talking about other mods.
I'm actually also thinking of replacing the greased diff to silicon diff.
Do I have to buy the nova cups to replace the stock lst2 cups to use silicond diff?
Old 04-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Ken448

nope.. Just clean out the grease, inspect the O rings and fill er up!
Old 04-20-2006, 08:19 AM
gkram

OK just to get this straght the losi hd chassis plate is the best strongest for bashers?
Old 04-20-2006, 10:30 AM
mikewoodkozar

Well, i think the Titanium ones might be tougher, but i also think its more $$$$$$
Old 04-20-2006, 01:17 PM
DawgBone

ORIGINAL: Ken448

yup...mine too....I've done two(LST1 and LST2) so far and no issues at all with either one...I really don't know why people are having trouble with theirs...the bulkhead brace hinge pin holes are tight...but they fit just fine...I actually just shot some wd40 on them and they slid right on

as far as the bottom plates...they don't show any signs of wear...just ugly scratches...still better looking than stock...
Old 05-02-2006, 07:00 AM
Devilmanak
My Feedback: (1)

Wow, so I didn't get a bad set, they are just junk to begin with!
The cut quality was horrible on my set, and I had to elongate holes also. I will tell you from experience, it is NOT hard to make the parts correctly. I mostly mill aluminum, but did my first cf piece two days ago, and the quality was 10 times better than the Holeshot junk that I bought. You have to try pretty hard to screw it up that bad!
Old 05-02-2006, 11:04 AM
bauerbach

they have the new racing set that was redesigned. and supposedly from some reviews the holes have all been fixed.

along with that its all solid, no holes cut out for anything unnesessary. including the reverse servo, and I guess theres a hole under the gas tank for another servo of some sort? that was filled.

the skids are all solid as well, hopefully protecting and shielding dirt even better.

the downside, .3ounces heavier, and 25$ more.

mines in the mail, will report back with actual fitment and weight.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOSI-LST-RACER-C...QQcmdZViewItem