Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

how tough is ur LST ? :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: how tough is ur LST ? :)

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

I think this whole issue boils down to a difference between what "good" means. For racers it's clear what good means - and that the LST2 is definitely that. For bashers I think it's also clear. "Good" means tough and reliable. Period. Savages are that - like them or not. Whether the LST2 is as good on the bashing side as it is on the racing side I just have no idea.. Seems like the jury's still out.
No offense man but your post are getting more and more pointless in this thread.. Give it a rest, we get it.. Why don't you actually drive all off the trucks before making these lame comparisons and even lamer and false analogies? Sorry if I offended you man but i'm just calling it as i see it..
Old 05-21-2006, 03:20 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fair enough. I expect that kind of criticism - and it's fine. But it's a small storm I'm willing to face to find out what's what. It's not easy trying to figure out if the LST2 is really a good reliable basher out of the box. And that is after all what this thread is about.

I could always stop posting, but I'm trying to find something out.

And you could always just ignore it and say nothing. I come across lots of stupid posts, but I never really feel the need to tell the people their posts are stupid. There are too many of them. I just try to sift through it all and find what I'm looking for. If you don't want to help me find it, then there's really not much need to say anything.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:22 AM

if you want something that won't break too much then get a savage. PERIOD. its a lighter truck so there isn't as much stress on components
Old 05-21-2006, 07:31 AM

Fair enough. I expect that kind of criticism - and it's fine. But it's a small storm I'm willing to face to find out what's what. It's not easy trying to figure out if the LST2 is really a good reliable basher out of the box. And that is after all what this thread is about.

And you could always just ignore it and say nothing. I come across lots of stupid posts, but I never really feel the need to tell the people their posts are stupid. There are too many of them. I just try to sift through it all and find what I'm looking for. If you don't want to help me find it, then there's really not much need to say anything.
I wouldn't argue with what you just said, but there is one thing I have to point out. There is no difinitive answer to that question, as you will always be able to find two or more people to argue both sides of the issue. I do not think you will find what you are looking for. The only real determining factor is YOUR OWN OPINION. And the only way you can get that is to own one, or use one for a while. Asking the question, as you can see, will get you both yes and no. Making the thread semi-useless.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:24 AM

Well said. But still, €700 is an expensive way to find out.. And a month is a long time to wait for parts if I'm wrong.

Was just out with the Savage(FINALLY A NICE DAY on this god-forsaken continent..) and god I was reminded of the value of toughness. The thing just never ceases to amaze me. It's just stupefying, really. Just makes me laugh and look at it kind of askance in disbelief. Like "heh heh.., did that really just happen?" THAT - in MY OPINION - is what a MT should be. I just want a bit more speed..(and size).

If only I didn't feel the X were a step backwards from the older one(my opinion only.)- and smaller, I would have never even considered the LST2.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:19 AM

ORIGINAL: lstRacerX

I wouldn't argue with what you just said, but there is one thing I have to point out. There is no difinitive answer to that question, as you will always be able to find two or more people to argue both sides of the issue. I do not think you will find what you are looking for. The only real determining factor is YOUR OWN OPINION. And the only way you can get that is to own one, or use one for a while. Asking the question, as you can see, will get you both yes and no. Making the thread semi-useless.
Yeah that is the point i was trying to get across.. PatrickBW you are a cool guy and all but it's been like a month of comparison threads and posts throught all the forums.. Thing is, like lstracerx said, they are worthless because nobody will give you the same answer as the guy before him. Here's my opinion on the whole what should you get topic.. Just go with whatever catches your eye and what you think would suit you best! All of the mainstream RC MT's have aftermarket and they all have potential, so you really can't go wrong. Your walllet is the limit man!
Old 05-21-2006, 10:07 AM

Well, you're right - kind of. Last year, when I wasn't even sure about getting into the hobby, I did a similar amount of research - and then the result was pretty much unequivocal - for a beginner basher, Savage. NO question. Then I went and saw one in the LHS - and that was at the point when I was thinking of a €250 max I was willing to spend, and the quality up close of the Savage clinched it for me.

That up close experience with the X is kind of the opposite. It seems cheap..

Anyway, falling back on the opinion side of things, I'm pretty sure I answered the question today by taking my Savage out. NO other MT would survive what a Savage can. I'm not the most hard-core basher or anything, but,, I mean, I was pulling bark out of the bumper from hitting a tree off a jump. And it just kept on going. And going.. And straight - nothing wrong. Repeated cart-wheels, etc.. That's what bashing is all about. And I think even most of you guys would agree that an LST2 wouldn't handle all that.

But yes of course it would smoke the Savage at the track..

Still, by the end of today I may well end up with an LST2(top bidder right now..) If I get it, I'm just going to have to learn to be a totally different kind of driver. Cuz every tree or cartwheel could mean a month of downtime and stress ordering parts..

And BTW, I think if I do get it I want an HPI El Camino body - but that would look dumb with those white rims. What do you need to do to get normal rims on it?..

Geeze, I just don't know. I'm clueless. Sorry to anybody I've bothered too much. We'll see what happens(but if I end up with this thing, I'll be back. With questions.. But then that's what forums are for... - smirking..)
Old 05-21-2006, 12:28 PM

why a month. seems awfull long. i live in the channel islands and it takes a week at most for parts to come down if they arent stocked in the lhs. just stock up on the parts you will break most and make sure you always have them and you won't have to wait.

about the rims get some hex conversion kits(14mm) and any rims for the savage will fit it
Old 05-21-2006, 12:55 PM

German Customs.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:55 AM

oh i see. isn't there a big modelling scene in germany?
Old 05-22-2006, 02:04 AM

Well Heidi Klum's from Germany...(sorry, couldn't resist..)

Um, yeah, RC is fairly big here, but as with so many things in Germany, it's too expensive and too uptight(überorganisiert..)

And Customs of course is too beauracratic..
Old 05-23-2006, 11:45 AM

its real tough. just been out with my(literally about 2 mins ago) and i was jumping down a 10-12 ft drop off. the first few jumps i just let it plop into the soft grass under it but then i went for it and as soon as it was in the air the engine cut out lol. anyway it hit the ground on its rear right wheele and rolled down the slope cartwheeling for about 30ft until it hit a wall(hard). i ran down but it was fine amd it started right up. after an hour of running it hard the only problems i had were front wheele drive goin which just needs me to tighten the screw(i hope) and the backplate falling off because i forgot to screw it on

lol and all the truck cost was £1500 to get it that tough. but i think if you get the rpm upper and lower arms and alu steering blocks/bearing blocks it will survive most things
Old 05-23-2006, 03:36 PM

SUP
What you guy think of the Team Losi Aftershock truck... what you guys think about it it sound like a kill truck.. im thinking of getting it..
Old 05-23-2006, 03:51 PM

i think it sounds gd for a beginer as its cheaper than a lst/2. i might get one soon as i'm loving my lst and i have a foc so its not like i'll be missing reverse.

dont forget a truck is only as gd as how you can drive it.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:42 PM

ORIGINAL: z71ruffryder

SUP
What you guy think of the Team Losi Aftershock truck... what you guys think about it it sound like a kill truck.. im thinking of getting it..
My god the German dude has better english grammar than you do. Anyways, the Aftershock looks pretty promising for guys who want to get into the hobby the cheaper route.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:52 PM

yea the german dude speaks perfect english. i wish i could speak a second language.....[]
Old 05-23-2006, 04:58 PM

Im going to sale my LST1 and my savage and my nitro rustler 2.5 can't wait to get the TEAM LOSI AFTERSHOCK
Old 05-23-2006, 05:00 PM

I have two savvy's. Happy with both - I will even be more happier when I receive my Losi After Shock one day...
Old 05-23-2006, 05:01 PM

I want to get swamp kong and put it on the Team Losi Aftershock does any know if they will fit???
Old 05-24-2006, 01:59 AM

if you get the hex converters they will fit perfect or you can just glue them on to a different set of rims
Old 05-24-2006, 01:15 PM

after sayin all that stuff yesterday i broke it. it was real extreme. it wouldn't start so i stood up and brushed the front right tire with my foot and snapped the turnbuckle. must have been the perfect angle or somethin. must get some lunsfords but it seems hard to get them in the uk. is it part no# L2821
Old 05-24-2006, 01:34 PM

You must be kidding. You "brushed" your LST with your foot and it broke?

And the LST is tough?

I've heard of guys having their Savages run over by REAL cars and being OK..
Old 05-24-2006, 01:34 PM

The turnbuckles are 5mm. You need the 5 x 35 or 5 x 40. Sorry I can't help with a UK site.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:40 PM

I've heard of guys having their Savages run over by REAL cars and being OK..
And I've heard of people trying to sell the Brooklyn Bridge... Wanna buy some oceanfront property in Kansas?
Old 05-24-2006, 01:46 PM

I HAVE heard such a story. And of course there's a ton of BS out there. But based on what I've seen from my Savage, ...well, OK I live in Europe and the cars are smaller.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.