Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

this summer

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 05:07 PM
4x4guy4978

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this summer

ok this summer i should be working with my dad and making good $$$ for a person my age.
i know i have to put about 350 into my revo but would also like to get a lst 2 and just wanted to know what are the most common modds people do to them right after they buy them. i'm thinking of get new tires/wheels like proline big joes or moabs on bead lock wheels or just stock lst wheels and tires not too sure right now need some imput on what people are running.

also does anything break easy on this truck that i will need to replace. i have all summer to save up to buy it and if i do work with my dad i should be makeing around $300 a week not a ton of money but better then the $0 i make now.

thanks for any input
4x4guy4978

Old 05-11-2006, 05:25 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: this summer

Honestly the LST2 is a pretty good truck out of the box, I kinda wish I didnt go crazy with mine, but then again its what makes it mine. A few things that break are the front spindles and a arms are a little prone to breakage under a hard impact. But other than that I think its one of the best trucks out there if not the best. Before plooping down the full $650 theres a few places like killerhobbies.com (you gotta call them to get the right price) and amainhobbies.com where they will sell them in the $570-580 price range. Also if you fall a little short on the fundage, theres the new "aftershock" that losi is coming out with which is a signifigantly cheaper slightly upgraded/downgraded LST1 if that makes sense.

Also be sure to check out the best LST site in the world www.lstcentral.com
Old 05-11-2006, 05:35 PM
4x4guy4978

ok thanks yeah i saw the aftershock but if im going to buy another truck its got to be a lst 2 i will have to check out all those site because the more money i save means the faster i can get it once i work with my dad.

so the stock lst 2 tires are good for bashing or would you up grade them.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:22 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

I actually like the stock LST2 tires and wheels, they are extremely forgiving on pavement and last quite a while, I dont think I ever flipped my LST2 when it was stock on the pavement because it slid so well. If you were gonna hit the racetrack, then I would say you would be in need of a set tires geared more towards the track like bowties or pythons.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:48 PM
Chronic

I love the stock LST2 tires for bashing and parking lot running. I'm thinking about getting a set for my Savage now.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:00 PM
hunter306

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll third that vote for the LST2 Stock tires... I replaced the big joe 40's on my LST2 when I bought it used with a fresh set of stock tires. So much more adaptive to the terrain.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:57 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

I gotta say that the stock LST 1 tires hook up to pavement like CA glue hooks up to your finger(damn). LOL. I love that, because it makes for some fun when doing high speed turns that result in tumbles, cartwheels, and barrelrolls.

As for weaknesses, get some rpm a-arms, and new era racing spindles. And the FOC conversion.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:53 PM
bauerbach

engine brace. broke mine finally last race day. as I was told I would, exactly how they said it would.

dynamite makes a good one apparently.

the tires are great for bashing.

but I put a bunch of stuff on it this past weekend... not the least of which was crime fighters. ignoring Im now well under 11lbs with fuel; its like a whole knew truck. its just unbelievable the speed it has now. top end is lower of course, but man... its got acceleration out the butt. we have some painted stamped stone in the driveway thats pretty slick as drive surfaces go. I was doing 4wd burnouts. though on concrete I was actually flipping it onto its lid and lifting it off the ground it flipped so hard. little bit more and I think I could do a full back flip from a standing start.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:34 PM
4x4guy4978

ok since every one like the tires i will try some new a-arms and spindles because thats what every one says they break. so what do you guys think im going to be looking at after its all done and over with like $800 or do you think it will be more or less with say a couple extra spindles and a complete set of RPM a-rms plus the cost of the truck. because im want to have all the money at once to go out buy the truck with all the parts im going to need so im not looking at any down time.

on a side note which is going to be faster a revo with a picco .26 and the wide ratio gear set or the stock lst 2 because if all goes as planned this summer i will have both[>:]
Old 05-12-2006, 11:05 PM
bauerbach

of course the picco with gears.

mind you, engines really dont matter about top speed, other than their peak RPM(which in this case is not too different). Top speed is all about drag, weight has no affect. both engines are likely capable of topping out there RPMs, just a matter of being reasonable acceleration. so taller gears will be what makes the speed difference, the engines will just vary the time to get there.

I think you could get out the door for well under 800$, full set of RPM arms is around 60$ including the adaptors. not sure how much the titanium screw is for it, but cant be more than 10-15$ id hope... and spindles, well if your talking aluminum, could be 50-60$, but if your just gonna stock a bunch of stockers, their 7$ for 2 spindles and 2 carriers. maybe you get 2 packs, 15 bucks. 570 for the truck itself, you should be out the door with shipping for maybe 700-720$ if you do aluminum spindles, under 700 if not.

build up a cart at killer. but he haggles if you email him on the truck . and those bonus reward points are pretty sweet too. feels like 1.5% or so; but maybe that varys depending what you buy.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:21 PM
4x4guy4978

ORIGINAL: bauerbach

of course the picco with gears.

mind you, engines really dont matter about top speed, other than their peak RPM(which in this case is not too different). Top speed is all about drag, weight has no affect. both engines are likely capable of topping out there RPMs, just a matter of being reasonable acceleration. so taller gears will be what makes the speed difference, the engines will just vary the time to get there.

I think you could get out the door for well under 800$, full set of RPM arms is around 60$ including the adaptors. not sure how much the titanium screw is for it, but cant be more than 10-15$ id hope... and spindles, well if your talking aluminum, could be 50-60$, but if your just gonna stock a bunch of stockers, their 7$ for 2 spindles and 2 carriers. maybe you get 2 packs, 15 bucks. 570 for the truck itself, you should be out the door with shipping for maybe 700-720$ if you do aluminum spindles, under 700 if not.

build up a cart at killer. but he haggles if you email him on the truck . and those bonus reward points are pretty sweet too. feels like 1.5% or so; but maybe that varys depending what you buy.
ok thanks yeah im going to stick to stock spindles i think once i get it and whats this adaptor i need for the RPM a-arms i havent heard anything about it.

Old 05-13-2006, 11:36 PM
bauerbach

its a set of washer spacers for 5$.

http://www.killerhobbies.com/Browse_...kit_-_RPM73240

LST2 carriers are bigger, thicker. to fit the bigger thicker lst2 arms. this takes up the slack. (though IMO a bit halfassed)
Old 05-14-2006, 01:29 PM
4x4guy4978

ok

will i break the rpm a-arms they look like they will break easy were the link is to adjust camber?
Old 05-15-2006, 04:27 PM
MTS

The LST2 is really, in my mind lol the best monster truck out there. It already has the threaded shocks, reciever pack, extra large gas tank, all terain tires. The only thing you need to watch is that the wheel nuts can easily come off. Try putting blue thread lock. Other than that you are ready to go. If plan on racing you will need a different set of tires. Don't get proline's bead lock wheel, the screw holes easily strip out. The motor has plenty off power to just parily keep the frot tires on the ground and is easy to tune. You will need to get a set of standard tools to work on the LST2.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:26 PM
bauerbach

Im told that metal linkage in the rpm arms does break, so you'll want a titanium replacement from lunsford.

just chalked up my 4th race day, and almost 3 gallons of fuel, all 4 arms going strong. unless you just want the arms, Id wait till you break them, then replace them. strong chance they never actually break.

the LST2 arms were beefed up already.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:29 PM
4x4guy4978

ok so thats one less piece i need right when i get it that mean i will be able to get it even faster now[>:] i cant wait.

i also have to get the picco .26 for my revo but i cant decide on getting the lst 2 first or getting the revo up and running again