Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

How many of you enjoy 1/8 scale?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 03:51 PM
maddogf150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many of you enjoy 1/8 scale?

Think about it, really look back and think about 1/8 scale. Do you really enjoy tuning nitro motors all the time? Is this all life has to offer you? Spending money on something you will never get any return out of other than some turn up yards? Relay???
Old 05-18-2006, 03:54 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Default RE: How many of you enjoy 1/8 scale?

I don't think I understand your question???? I enjoy bashing and yes I may need to re-sod my back yard . I have a complete blast preparing my racer for Saturdays. I have lots of friends who race and we all look forward to Saturdays and racing is a good excuse to get togeather. I like going to a new track I've never been to and being nervous during the first qual. I also like working on my LST's to get the most performance for my driving. I really enjoy tuning engines for performance..... I may not be able to answer your question in the way you expect.

Old 05-18-2006, 04:10 PM
bauerbach

why is the question specific to 1/8th scale? there was a time I hated nitro motors. they were so fickle; I went away from them for many many years.

LST2 is the first reintroduction to the nitro side, and I love it. the engines just EASY. I donno what they changed, but man, no problems. specially with the rotostart, Ill NEVER give that up. I love working on the truck, I really wish it was a kit. and now seeing how well engines run now, that 8ight is dead in my sights. might be a ballsy move to try and race in 2 classes; but it just looks like too much fun.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:19 PM
ThermalRD

Are you serious? Well, i'll entertain you, and answer the questions anyway. Do i enjoy tuning nitro motors? Hell yes. I tune for my own, and anyone else that needs it at the track.

Is this all that life has to offer me? No, of course not. You do realize this is a hobby we enjoy right? Of course im pretty wrapped up in it now. I race, i paint for myself, and many racers, and i just enjoy the hobby. Collecting monster trucks is awesome too.

You're worried about spending money you'll never get a return on? Come on man... Get real. Are you saving your money to take it to the grave? You realize life can throw a curve ball at any time, right?

ORIGINAL: maddogf150

Think about it, really look back and think about 1/8 scale. Do you really enjoy tuning nitro motors all the time? Is this all life has to offer you? Spending money on something you will never get any return out of other than some turn up yards? Relay???
Old 05-18-2006, 04:45 PM
mikewoodkozar

Name a hobby you get something in return for all the cash you spent......wait a tick.......i do get somethign in return, its called fun, i enjoy it and isnt that all the matters? I am pretty sure that the definition of a hobby doesnt say anything about getting monetary returns (we do this because we enjoy it!), plus any hobby is going to have you put in some time, be it tuning or whatever! Oh and money? Seriously what hobby doesnt cost money?

AHHHH?>?<@$@!%!????

This question does not compute with me. You are making my brain hurt. I like my little toy trucks!
Old 05-18-2006, 05:00 PM
the savage killer
My Feedback: (5)

Im with everyone else on this post it is all about fun and when i was little i loved my r/c cars i got older and got into drugs and things i shouldn't have you want to talk about getting no return.... For what i payed in lawyer fee's to stay out of jail i could have bought 20 lst2's and what did i get in return no fun and the freedom that i was born with. Now i spend my free time tuning my trucks hanging with good people and most important having harm free fun with the time that i can nver get back. money comes and goes time is gone after the present and you will never get it back So if you have fun doing it do it.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:35 PM
maddogf150

I guess a money returning Hobie would be my home that I paid 54,000. and seven years later it is worth 175,000. Every time I put money in it I have something to show for it. Now, As far as your lawyer fees, please. You have taken it to a level it doesn't need to be. Before long you will have everyone tell us about how they took some candy and didn't pay for it and went to jail. Anyways I was just curious and am thankful for all the replies in such a short period of time. I have a short temper with these little truck's and have changed to 1/10 scale. REAL motor's REAL spark plug's. Yes they cost more at first but in the long run I will never pay 20.00 a gallon again.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:43 PM
bauerbach

errr....

what 1/10th scale runs gas? 1/10th scale is still nitro, and often a bit more finicky with the smaller displacements.

owning a house is a very crappy hobby, and I would desperatly hope no one here flipped a coin, heads own a house, tails buy a 600$ R/C car.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:47 PM
maddogf150

Maybe I have my scales messed up. My car scales that is. My bad, I really enjoy living on my own. But let's don't get off the above question.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:51 PM
mikewoodkozar

uhhhh? Am i the only one here that smells something stinkawhif about this whole question and the details surrounding it?
Old 05-18-2006, 05:54 PM
maddogf150

Here I thought it was a simple one. Go figure, once again I have expected to much.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:59 PM
bauerbach

ORIGINAL: mikewoodkozar

uhhhh? Am i the only one here that smells something stinkawhif about this whole question and the details surrounding it?
nope, donno what he's talking about...

did you expect to come in here and say nitro sucks and expect us all to agree?

not sure what troubles you had with the nitro engines, but I suspect they were user error, not equipment.

gas is fun, but rarely raced at local tracks, and far more expensive most of the time, ussually gas is in 1/6th or 1/5th scale.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:59 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't see buying a house as a hobby - it's an investment. It may be a good financial move, but it's not something you do for a laugh with your mates is it?

I thoroughly enjoy driving my "little toy cars" around with my friends, it doesn't really bother me that i could have invested the money - because what fun it that? It would be fun spending the return - but not waiting for it or wondering if you might actually lose money.

Once you get the hang of tuning it's not a big deal, although it is sometimes a major problem for people new to the hobby - and probably the biggest factor if they decide to drop the hobby.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:15 PM
maddogf150

Correct you are 1/5 scale. No let's don't get it twisted. Some people like black some white. That is what makes the word go around. And from what i have read you are the only one that said nitro sucks. No one Elsie has even leaned that way. Come on now. Don't bring a gun to a knife fight. No PUN intended. You say user error? Isn't every BAD situation brought on by USER ERROR? HUmmmmm
Old 05-18-2006, 06:16 PM
mikewoodkozar

Where is this going? We all enjoy it, that is why we are here and post on this forum.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:19 PM
bauerbach

sorry guess I leapt a little too far when you said

"Do you really enjoy tuning nitro motors all the time? Is this all life has to offer you? Spending money on something you will never get any return out of other than some turn up yards?"

figured that meant you thought nitro sucks.

nah, not all bad situations are user error. 2 months ago my hard drive just crapped out, I didnt do it. some day in the future my engine will eventually die. its inevitable. if it already happened and I did nothing different, say the crank broke or something, well thatd be equipment error and Id be a touch upset.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:24 PM
maddogf150

Can we agree on 90% or bad situations are user error? Also , I just wanted to hear for the Nitro user's. That's all nothing more. Everyone relax. Zooomm, Zoommm, Zooommmm..
Old 05-18-2006, 06:42 PM
RCtruckRacer

Its insulting to insinuate that any of us has no life other than this hobby. Did you post this just to be insulting? Or are you just so daft as to not realize how your words were going to be taken?

I can only surmise that you are either:

1) Too young to understand why everyone reacted as they did
2) Too ignorant (rest same as above)
or
3) Purposefully trying to be a jackass

Whatever the case, there is more than enough attitude in these forums. Please refrain from such impertinent interrogatives.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:46 PM
maddogf150

Well my words were good enough for you to respond to. Life is pain, as you put it. Do WHATEVER makes you happy.. I'm not her to upset anyone, god furbid.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:50 PM
bauerbach

why are you here?
Old 05-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Timmahh
Banned

GO ask A guy that rides a Harley if he thinks its worth it. OFCOURSE ITS WORTH IT. TO HIM.. i have 3 nitro trucks a CEN CT5 nitro street car, 2 nitro Helis, and a small hanger of planes.. next. a 1/5th HPI Baja5b 23cc gasser, being immediatly upgraded to the stuffed crank and oversized piston.. to 29CCs..
i love the nitros, a PITA somedays. but worth the Pants Pissing Fun!@!
Timmahh
Old 05-18-2006, 06:55 PM
RCtruckRacer

OK, I'm going with # 1 then.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:10 PM
maddogf150

Could ask you the same question. However , how do I delete the question?????? Dammmnn, some of you are off base and I want to end the sickness. Time for some REAL fun..Good bye and good night
Old 05-18-2006, 07:32 PM
PillowPants

have fun trying to jump your 1/5th scale 60LB tank.. Woo-Hoo for driving in circles!

and yes, I enjoy my nitro trucks, and I didn't get into the hobby expecting to get anything more out of them than good pure fun! so.. did you expect your nitro truck to wipe your butt and pick the kids up from school or what?
Old 05-18-2006, 08:03 PM
mikewoodkozar

LMAO I would love it if my nitro truck would wipe my butt!!!! seriously funny Hamburglar!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.