Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

AHHH!!! The noise!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 10:53 PM
QuadraPixel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AHHH!!! The noise!

Hey, I have a traxxas jato, and a Losi Aftershock. Since the Aftershock is new I have only been driving that for a while, and had forgotten how quiet my Jato was compaired to it. I almost alwayse wear ear plugs when driving the aftershock, so I suddenly finding my self wanting a quieter pipe. Has anybody that has put an aftermarket pipe on their truck found one significalty quieter, and does not lose performance? If so which one?

-Thanks!-
Old 07-23-2006, 10:57 PM
mikewoodkozar

Default RE: AHHH!!! The noise!

earplugs, are you serious? are you sure all of the exhaust gaskets are intact? if they are, then just man up, its not that bad.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:33 AM
antsb

isnt the noise part of the fun of it all?
Old 07-24-2006, 08:23 AM
QuadraPixel

The noise is great, but when you feel that you need to push it away with your foot so you dont damage your hearing, you wonder why does it need to be so loud, ya know? I could put my ear up to my Jato's exhaust all day, but I still want ear plugs when my Aftershock is 10 feet away!
Old 07-24-2006, 08:47 AM
CESSPOOL

I would like my LST2 to be a bit louder...
Old 07-24-2006, 12:07 PM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: QuadraPixel

The noise is great, but when you feel that you need to push it away with your foot so you dont damage your hearing, you wonder why does it need to be so loud, ya know? I could put my ear up to my Jato's exhaust all day, but I still want ear plugs when my Aftershock is 10 feet away!
Lol.. I owned a Nitro Rustler before I got my LST. The LST/2/Aftershock gets quiet to ya after a while. Well.. you get used to it
Old 07-24-2006, 12:34 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

That's just how they are. You just need to get used too it.

Or do this:

Buy the rdlogics dual tip stinger(hell of a loud pipe), run it for a while, the switch back to the stock pipe. You won't complain again.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Loswave

The LST is sorta loud, it does make my XXX-NT sound quiet, but it's not that bad, you want to hear loud? My borther has a Savage 25 with a ribbed pipe on it, that thing can literally hurt you. We've made the stupid mistake of drag racing the LST and savage away from us, between the two of them it's the kind of loud that makes you feel like throwing up, no joke. However, it's not that bad even with the Savage as long as my brother doesn't hit full throttle when the truck is within 5 to 10 feet of you. Then again, go trap shooting without earplugs, and I'll garauntee that you will never think of your LST as loud again, lol.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:32 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Ahh yes, I forgot my savage. That **** is loud as any rc gets. I doubt a twin stinger lst is that loud. It's painful
Old 07-24-2006, 03:08 PM
mikewoodkozar

I guess i dont really think its loud, noisy, but not loud. You should hear my 1:1 street ported RX-7. No cats, straight 3.5" piping all the way to the bumper. Now that is LOUD, you should see hon-duh's pull up in there little rice racers and rev there little engines, there smile soon turns to frown when i start revving the engine, shooting flames out the exhaust and spinning the REAR wheels! Seriously, that car is making me deaf. I took out the stereo as it was making my hearing worse as i would keep turning it up to compensate for the exhaust, lol.

So i guess i am used to noisy exhausts
Old 07-24-2006, 03:50 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

The after shock has a 2 peice pipe doesnt it??? Why not try the stock LST2 pipe? I saw a stock LST2 at the track the other day and I couldnt believe how quiet it was, everything else on the track was twice as loud.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:46 PM
QuadraPixel

ORIGINAL: mikewoodkozar

I guess i dont really think its loud, noisy, but not loud. You should hear my 1:1 street ported RX-7. No cats, straight 3.5" piping all the way to the bumper. Now that is LOUD, you should see hon-duh's pull up in there little rice racers and rev there little engines, there smile soon turns to frown when i start revving the engine, shooting flames out the exhaust and spinning the REAR wheels! Seriously, that car is making me deaf. I took out the stereo as it was making my hearing worse as i would keep turning it up to compensate for the exhaust, lol.

So i guess i am used to noisy exhausts
LOL, you should put a good muffler on it that wont take HP, and make your rx-7 a sleeper (fast car that does not look fast). Also claudacio thanks for the LST2 pipe info, that's the kind of info I was looking for. Thanks!
Old 07-25-2006, 12:19 AM
DawgBone

I'm truly amazed about someone complaining at how loud the AS is....it truly blows my mind....and I would like to be nice...but if the AS is too loud for you...then I would think that you have got yourself into the wrong hobby....and in all honesty...I probably fart louder than an AS....seriously...the AS and LST2 are the quietest trucks I've ever seen....

unless you are running a HPI rippled pipe...you have absolutely no need to complain about noise....if so....maybe you should look into playing checkers or some kind of card game for a hobby...it should go well with some tree bark and StarBucks Latte....
Old 07-25-2006, 12:23 AM
Loswave

That's only somewhat of a sleeper. My brother-in-law and I are going to put a V-8 Northstar into my 1996 Buick century, now that's a sleeper
Old 07-25-2006, 08:03 AM
mikewoodkozar

ORIGINAL: Loswave

That's only somewhat of a sleeper. My brother-in-law and I are going to put a V-8 Northstar into my 1996 Buick century, now that's a sleeper

I would like to see that.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:13 AM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

This may be a little mean but it works with people that don't like the nosi!

U must TURN UP ur Speakers![sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...car+commercial LOL
Old 07-25-2006, 11:43 AM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow!!!. if you don't like the noise get out of the hobby or go back to your jato[:'(] or get an electric. ya you want loud listen to the rd logic's twin stinger pipe!!!!.you probably should have gone an seen one run before you bought it. do some research before you buy something.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:00 PM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

Sure is nice that everyone is so constructive!

If you want to drop the sound level a little without sacrificing performance, get one of these: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXD635&P=7

They are cheap and don't rob any power. You can aim them toward the center of the truck (and at the ground) for much less mess on A-arms, tires, etc.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:33 PM
Loswave

Yea mikewoodkozar I'd love to do it... We got far enough in planning it that we know it'll fit as almost a direct drop, and a bonus, the transmission may actually take it, considering that buicks are built like tanks... The big draw back is that I lost my job a while ago, and haven't found anything decent yet. If I can ever afford it it's gonna happen though. Then I'm going to bring it to my local drag strip and smoke some ricer's, lol, that'll be awesome. I think that perhaps some of us are getting a little overcritical here. I think that just because he doesn't like the noise doesn't mean he should quit the hobby, give me a break. In fact, in 50 years or so, he'll still have good hearing, which is probably more than I can say for the rest of us, lol. Not that you'd lose hearing over a LST, but that doesn't mean it's good for your ears either. Plus, I happen to hate the noise of shotguns, that doesn't stop me from shooting trap and hunting, I do however where ear protection at trap shoots, it's just a good idea. I'm sure he's not the only person who thinks they're loud, and don't forget, he could have more sensitive ears than the rest of you guys. It's ok to state your opinion, but there's no reason to be hyper-critical.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:24 PM
NJ NETS FAN

ORIGINAL: pythonfan

This may be a little mean but it works with people that don't like the nosi!

U must TURN UP ur Speakers![sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...car+commercial LOL
LMAO I always fall for those....lol
Old 07-25-2006, 11:44 PM
QuadraPixel

Hay woah guys, are you trying to start a flame war over just wanting a pipe thats a little quieter?!?! Seriously, do you WANT less people in this hobby, making it harder for you guys to find opponents or places to buy parts because of lower demand for them?!?!?!

I would like to at least thank Nitronutt for trying to help.

The noise is not going to stop me from driving my aftershock, lol. That would be ridiculous, all I was looking for was something a little quieter, but I'm not going to bother anymore.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:58 AM
mikewoodkozar

ORIGINAL: QuadraPixel

Hay woah guys, are you trying to start a flame war over just wanting a pipe thats a little quieter?!?! Seriously, do you WANT less people in this hobby, making it harder for you guys to find opponents or places to buy parts because of lower demand for them?!?!?!

I would like to at least thank Nitronutt for trying to help.

The noise is not going to stop me from driving my aftershock, lol. That would be ridiculous, all I was looking for was something a little quieter, but I'm not going to bother anymore.
No one is trying too start a flame war, lol. Its just hard to believe that the exhaust could be loud enough to bother anyone besides neighbors
Old 07-26-2006, 09:13 AM
Nitronutt

Some people might not like to bother the neighbors.[sm=sunsmiley.gif]
Old 07-26-2006, 10:04 AM
DawgBone

http://www.finedesignrc.com/1-8carst...DM1-8ScaleLosi

Old 07-26-2006, 11:06 AM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey quadrapixel i appolagize.i was way off base(real bad day). someone said the lst2 exhuast for your aftershock and i agree.i think it would be quieter than what you have now.or that rubber exhaust deflecter. i went through the same thing with my titan. again sorry for the rant earlier[].

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.