Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Any One Own A Muggy????

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 03:20 PM
blackrain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any One Own A Muggy????

i noticed you dont brag about this truck much im shore its sweet but i take it you enjoy racing monster trucks more. i runb a truggy there sweet and very easy to drive not as challenging as a monster truck wich i find more fun
Old 10-30-2006, 03:34 PM
2DMaxLST!!

You know me, I never brag about nuttin. I'm a monster truck racer first, this is a side project. The single dumbest thing that I get told all the time is, 'you would be faster with a truggy'. No chit, you think, but I would not be racing a monster truck, which is my favorite.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:37 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Old 11-03-2006, 08:34 PM
Bobby33

I got a muggy and liked it so much i ordered another one from Amainhobbies. Paid $489 plus shipping.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:45 AM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SUNDAY ill break in my muggy i still havent done it right out of the BAT i changed the tires/rims to street tires and got the RPM engine head cover ............................... and riased the CB to a 15 ill let you know how my day whent sunday after noon!!!!

PS ill need harder springs and im goin to put 60WT oil in the shocks........... since im not familiar with LOSI parts can some one give me a link to some HARDER springs............and if posable id like them CHROME thank you!!!
Old 11-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Tweedybird

ORIGINAL: muggy4life

been running my muggy hard smoked the clutch bearings... motor running hot got her down to 230 temp ...too late going to lhs ....my two brothers have lt2 bran new and i bought a muggy ....all three even for speed muggy faster but to lean and smoked bearing... these trucks are the toughest.. we have been laughing our @## off. crash after crash cant break them. muggy handles on rails hard to flip brakes suck lt2 jumps good and lands like a pillow but flips easy turning and brakes so hard it will flip over t2 has better parts threw out the body ,,,but the muggy is so easy to handle and fast turning makes me look like a pro and i keep it wide open, and full turns on controller and a @%*& eating grin on my face muggy rocks.
Hmm ok

Yeah I purchased my Muggy the first week it was released, break in was great, handling on the track was just as expected from looking at the truck, its take off definately out-takes the LST2, but the LST will kill it on a long straight with the Muggy's 47T Spur and small 13T bell, if you put different gearing on the muggy it will be right up there with the big boys on top end and low end

Great truck so far, but only time will tell, Its extremely heavy with all that metal, also with the new Integy piggy backs I put on. Hopefully the carbon fiber replacement upper decks, and lower chasis will be out in time for next years race season.

My FrankenSavage will still kick its butt

Tweedy
Old 11-05-2006, 01:14 AM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: Tweedybird

been running my muggy hard smoked the clutch bearings... motor running hot got her down to 230 temp ...too late going to lhs ....my two brothers have lt2 bran new and i bought a muggy ....all three even for speed muggy faster but to lean and smoked bearing... these trucks are the toughest.. we have been laughing our @## off. crash after crash cant break them. muggy handles on rails hard to flip brakes suck lt2 jumps good and lands like a pillow but flips easy turning and brakes so hard it will flip over t2 has better parts threw out the body ,,,but the muggy is so easy to handle and fast turning makes me look like a pro and i keep it wide open, and full turns on controller and a @%*& eating grin on my face muggy rocks.
Hmm ok

Yeah I purchased my Muggy the first week it was released, break in was great, handling on the track was just as expected from looking at the truck, its take off definately out-takes the LST2, but the LST will kill it on a long straight with the Muggy's 47T Spur and small 13T bell, if you put different gearing on the muggy it will be right up there with the big boys on top end and low end

Great truck so far, but only time will tell, Its extremely heavy with all that metal, also with the new Integy piggy backs I put on. Hopefully the carbon fiber replacement upper decks, and lower chasis will be out in time for next years race season.

Tweedy

There is a store on EBAY selling a WHOLE CF converstion kit for like 80 bucks..........the funny thing is its SILVER CF???????? looks nice tho!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2006, 08:06 AM
muggy4life

Old 11-05-2006, 01:00 PM
2DMaxLST!!

ORIGINAL: Tweedybird

Hmm ok

Tweedy

Muggy comes with a 46T spur. (I wish it had a 48t)
Why would you down grade the shocks and how do you mount LST length shocks?? (pictures please)
I'm trying to gear my Muggy down with a 12T clutchbell for the track. It already has some of the highest gearing of the truggies and the large tires and wheels make it even taller.

A carbon chassis on a pan type chassis is a recipe for disaster, I would much rather have a Machined hardano like the 8ight.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:17 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

The muggy could really use a better, stiffer chassis.

I'd agree with using a Carbon fiber servo tray, but if you crash, the other stuff is going to be into jepeody, because that chassis has a lot of flex, and that will snap the Carbon
Old 11-05-2006, 10:59 PM
MiamizFinest

i broke in my MUGGY today and had a great time this MACH 427 is the easist engine ive ever broken in!!!!!!!!! man this truck is FAST AS HELL i never used the stock tires im running street tires one it and a 15CB from HPI i blew 2 15 tooth clutch bells.......... the mesh was perfect but the spur gear is harden steal but the CB isnt..............what 15 tooth clutch be can you recomend that wont get wasted by the spur gear??????????

HERE IS A PIC OF MY MUGGY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2006, 11:39 PM
bhouckzz
My Feedback: (1)

Just got my MUGGY today, so far so good. Runs great and fast not like my girlfreinds LST2. I was wondering how to get rid of the SLOP in the steering until i go with the single servo, also can i tighten up the servo saver to get rid of some of the slop? if so how do i adjust the servo saver? Nitro Newwb here . Thanks guys.. BH
Old 11-05-2006, 11:55 PM
2DMaxLST!!

[link=http://lstvideos.com/11052006\Muggy_Fiorini_tank2.wmv]I geared mine down with a Sportwerks 12t clutchbell, but I run on the track.. video [/link]