Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

New to this - Aftershock Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 01:49 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to this - Aftershock Questions

ORIGINAL: radnez

Please tell us, how much did thunderbird spend on all the K and F-series motors he says he has tried to come up with "the motor in question is underpowered?" C'mon Thunder-Dude, you'll eventually find a superior motor if you wanna' throw all kinds of bucks at your truck... that isn't me. I'd much rather put more of my money in my Kids' education. If I were to race you, yes you would probably win, but would I necessarily conclude that my truck is underpowered... not in the least bit. If someone is trying to get an honest opinion so that they can get the best deal, the AFT certainly fits the bill. I could replace my motor wih the GRP .28, then it will be fast-er, but it will also nearly double the price of the AFT... does that sound like practical advice to give to someone new? My last post has an attached image on it... that is my nearly-stock AFT sailing over the faint Las Vegas skyline in the background. The green thing is a porta-john which ruined the shot, but that is the kind of environment I bash in... construction sites! I don't just tell you my truck is awesome, I gave you a picture to prove that it is! Where is yours?
Hmm..Odd.

We have not spent a dime on F or K series engines, aside from the one that came in Our Savage new. We have an STS 30 in Our Savage and an STS 30 in Our Aftershock.

So

Yes, We would say that the Mach 26SS is underpowered.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:29 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Airbus 9e

Put the LST2 throttle/brake linkage on too.....good $4 "hop-up"....hehe

My Aftershock...NT pipe, LST2 aluminum clutch, 20mm hexs and Losi dish wheels with 40 series Big Joes, wing kit, and Dodge Megacab body just so it does'nt look like all the other trucks....
Awesome lookin' truck... [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 01-29-2009, 12:24 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the AFT basically the LST2 chassis minus the LST2 upgrades??? Different mill and a few other minor things? yeah, it's absolutely a great truck, especially for a first timer. Regardless of buying one or not I am sure that in time, as with all RC's, it will be upgraded either as things do break (yes, they always do no matter what) or just for pure enjoyment factor. Out of the box it is prbably one of the best starter trucks as well as a great truck for those of us already well into the hobby.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:28 PM

Difference's between the LST1/Aftershock & the LST2
Old 01-29-2009, 12:31 PM

Thanks, I was being sarcastic. I know the differences it just pains me to hear that some say the AFT isn't such a great platform when it is actually one of the best.