Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

LST2 Tuning problem :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 07:44 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LST2 Tuning problem :(

Hey there everyone. I searched and searched the forums and could not find an answer I broke in my engine as per the heat cycle method. Have about 3/4 of a gallon through engine. Let the engine get up in temp then been trying to tune the HSN. I get it running ok, just lean enough to get past the bogginess. Here's the prob. As soon as it starts running ok, the temps increase drastically, and then starts getting lean bog. I richen it by about 1/4 turn, and still to lean, try another 1/8 turn and too lean. Then another 1/8 turn and too rich. So let the engine cool a bit, then have to turn the HSN back another half turn just to get it to move???? If leave it where it was just blows clouds of smoke and won't move. Noticed sometimes there are very small air bubbles near the fuel inlet to carb. and took the fuel filter off to inspect. It had no fuel stored in it? Is that normal? Sorryf or the novel, just a bit confused.
Thanks in advance
Dusty
Old 02-02-2007, 08:01 PM

Default RE: LST2 Tuning problem :(

Check the o-ring in your fuel filter for cracks or to see if it is sealing correctly, replace it if needed. If you have it, just replace your fuel lines, in case they a small hole in them. If you still have air bubbles, then you still have an air leak somewhere. Simple test for your fuel filter: Blow through one side, while blocking the other to see if any air escapes.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:12 PM

Default RE: LST2 Tuning problem :(

You got a leak somewhere.