Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

LST PERFORMANCE !!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 09:45 AM
ASYSTEMERROR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LST PERFORMANCE !!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all, i'm new here on the forum and had a qeustion about my new truck, i'm not yet at a liter threw the motor but the truck is really bringing me down with the performance it's nice but the nice people who packed it really set me back by damageding shocks and other parts so i will be doing a few upgrades to fix things. one thing i want from this is the ability to wheel stand the truck without buying a pricey new motor, but i have 2 motors already (new) that i could swapout from the factory one. i have a os.21 vg and supertiger .27 from my upgraded duratrax raze so i have these engine's to use and want to spend a few bucks more in the the truck to get good but not insane performance ! Thanks any help would be welcome. buy the way the truck is fast but tuning woesss are what's pissing me off so if i need to change engine than so be it !
Old 04-04-2007, 09:50 AM
kody06

Default RE: LST PERFORMANCE !!!!!!!!!!!

all u need are the yellow losi springs in the rear they are stiffer and mine are adjusted very loose not tight at all and a good tune and it flips on the head no prob engine also wakes up a lil after a gallon from what ive seen
Old 04-04-2007, 10:00 AM
ASYSTEMERROR

So your telling me my truck came with a good powerplant and also my shocks were ruin by the glue they use to seal the top of the shock so one will not go up or down if i buy the losi upgraded shocks will the truck still pickup the wheels ? (was looking at integy setup and lst 2 upgrade shocks they both look heavy !)
Old 04-04-2007, 10:03 AM
kody06

sorry what truck do u have lst or lst2
Old 04-04-2007, 10:15 AM
kody06

for the shock upgrade i would buy lst2 shocks off of ebay u can get all four for about 60 dollars with shipping
Old 04-04-2007, 10:21 AM
ASYSTEMERROR

Lst 1 didn't want reverse
Old 04-04-2007, 10:23 AM
ASYSTEMERROR

aftershock
Old 04-04-2007, 10:25 AM
kody06

oh im sorry thought u had lst2 for the lst i would tell u to get the lrp spec 3 motor or sts.30 i know u said u didnt want to buy a engine but thats all i know to tell u on that maybe some one else has better suggestion
Old 04-04-2007, 10:35 AM
Grits

I have the aftershock and the mach 26 ss. The truck has a lot of power to be realised by putting the Losi HT pipe on it. I have made no other mods but the pipe and HPI clutch shoes and springs and in a good traction area it will flip if I'm not careful with the throttle. If the engine doesn't have near a gallon through it the power will seem low. It just hasn't woke up yet. Have fun.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:39 AM
ASYSTEMERROR

thanks guys !
Old 04-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Jrgunn5150

The Aftershock is plenty fast. Get an LST2 pipe/header combo and watch it yank the wheels off the ground like a mom does a bad lil kid in the grocery store. New clutch shoes would help too, Mugen alloy, Nova alloy, or Dynamite Max-lifes are all good shoes.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:28 PM
benzzyo5

^^lol. i run a hpi polished pipe an mugen shoes with a couple other hop ups but just with the pipe and shoes i found a HUGE difference in proformance, it is so much better.