Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

<< THE Carbon King >>

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 12:59 PM
INTEGRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default << THE Carbon King >>

This truck was Received from Dawgbone on Thursday at about noonish.......Got an Instant Tear down and the parts started rolling on the presses :lol: ...the CF is a Hair Under 3mm so the Hingpins braces and what not were a PURFECT fitt....dispite being .5mm thicker than the stock peices.....Now were waiting on a couple things from HopMeUp and were good to go.....Unfortunatly i didnt weigh the parts as i finished them...but will get a final weight on the truck with/without some items....but the Pile of parts did feel Significantly Lighter then the alloy's....oo boy i cant wait to get a sts in this beast....

Old 04-21-2007, 01:06 PM
ross_jsy

Default RE: << THE Carbon King >>

in the words of borat; is niiiice!

whack an lrp in it though! easier to tune that the sts and produces more power (i have both)

good luck with the rest of the build

ross
Old 04-21-2007, 01:09 PM
INTEGRA

U obviously dont know who ur talkin to...HAH ever heard of a Max Mod STS .30.......ya Right here...Supertib IS THE MAN...WE got STS's down Pat....dont u worry buddy....here a vid of our .30's in a Savy and Mugen....

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...97284940363929

Enjoy.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:14 PM
ross_jsy

i do know what im talking about. i just thought you were talking about a stock .28. havent been driving for a while, how do you like the 30?
Old 04-21-2007, 01:16 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: ross_jsy

i do know what im talking about. i just thought you were talking about a stock .28. havent been driving for a while, how do you like the 30?
i said u dont know "WHO" ur talkin to....now "what" .......anyways...the .30 is a KILLER...Once modded its an ANIMAL....if u know how to tune....the STS is the engin for u.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:21 PM
ross_jsy

sorry, soo tired! got roped into helping my girlfriends parents move horses from a feild...to a new one....and i dont like horses, only 1 horse power

wow, incredible vid! you must shread tyres!
Old 04-21-2007, 01:24 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is carbon good for skid plates?? And Integra what's your opinion of the stock material the stock plates are made of?? One day of mild jumping with admittedly too softly set shocks, and my front skid is basically scraped away.. At least three screws are no longer salvageable I think..

Did you even drive it before tearing it down??
Old 04-21-2007, 01:32 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

Is carbon good for skid plates?? And Integra what's your opinion of the stock material the stock plates are made of?? One day of mild jumping with admittedly too softly set shocks, and my front skid is basically scraped away.. At least three screws are no longer salvageable I think..

Did you even drive it before tearing it down??
the Stock plates felt weak....not the best alloy thats for sure....If i scatch up the CF ill make another 1......and No i didnt drive it before tearing it down....waiting on parts and being Way too Anxious to start the project makes u do silly things.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:33 PM
ross_jsy

i have the hd plates and they held up really well.

if you dont want to spend the cash on hd or cf, then you can make a skid plate out of metal that covers it

[link=http://www.fatbearscave.net/lst/bashplate.htm]here you go[/link]
Old 04-21-2007, 03:48 PM
INTEGRA

i have the hd plates and they held up really well.

if you dont want to spend the cash on hd or cf, then you can make a skid plate out of metal that covers it

I dont pay for my CF....so No wories...and that Diamond skid plate must weight a TONNNE....definatly the wrong direction im goin with this project.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:54 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dam dude I can hardly wait to drive tjis LST, you never cease to amaze me with your vigor and work ethic... Props to ya man !!!! I will start on the 30 for this baby maybe tonight, hopefully we can run next weekend.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:15 PM
NitroVette

nice craftsmanship, what's the weight reduction by switching everything to carbon fiber?
Old 04-24-2007, 07:04 PM
CBM Racing

Very nice work. Do you lay up your own cf or cut from existing sheets? If you can, would you put some how to's on here or post a link or pm me or...? I have done a lot of fiberglass laminating on r/c aircraft but never worked with cf so any info would be great! If pricing on materials isn't to prohibitive, I would love to make some custom parts. Would also like to know how to get thickness as all glassing I have done is much thinner, only a single layer usually of 1/2-3/4 oz cloth and I am not familiar with cf terminology and procedures. Thanks for any and all help! Keep up the grat work, looks strong and awsome!
Old 04-29-2007, 10:58 AM
ross_jsy

you finnished the project yet? i cant wait to see what it does with that engine in there!
Old 04-30-2007, 09:34 AM
arisking

Oh man guys, I went to INTEGRA's house the other day with my friend Jason and let me tell you, this thing is way better in real life. Like the quality of his work on the CF is next to none. Looks just as good if not better than what you could buy from the LHS. But I think the CF he uses is stronger than most hop up CF out there. Anyways when we were there supertib dropped by and they had 2 STS 30's going, that was awesome. I guess I came on a good day. But we had to leave just before they ran the Mugen...boo erns.

-Josh-
Old 04-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Muggy250r

looks good..............and expensive
Old 04-30-2007, 11:27 AM
Chronic

What is the target weight here, and did you reach it? Your CF Savage weighs a little over 12lbs doesn't it?

I know you are losing some weight compared to stock, but are you going to offset it with heavier stuff elsewhere? Or is this an effort to shed as much weight as possible?
Old 04-30-2007, 12:25 PM
ross_jsy

hmm, would you consider making a set for me? if so how much $$? my lst weighs in close to 16 pounds if ot more now haha
Old 04-30-2007, 03:39 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: Chronic

What is the target weight here, and did you reach it? Your CF Savage weighs a little over 12lbs doesn't it?

I know you are losing some weight compared to stock, but are you going to offset it with heavier stuff elsewhere? Or is this an effort to shed as much weight as possible?

Honestly there wasn't really a target weight of any sort....i didnt even know what it did weight before all the CF.....not really planning on adding any more allum...seems pretty sturdy the way she stands now....ross_jsy Make me an offer...the worst i can do is denie it.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:56 PM
ross_jsy

$100?

how do you make em? cnc or dremel?
Old 04-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Chronic

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

Honestly there wasn't really a target weight of any sort....i didnt even know what it did weight before all the CF.....not really planning on adding any more allum...seems pretty sturdy the way she stands now....ross_jsy Make me an offer...the worst i can do is denie it.

Just curious. Even though the Savage weighs 12lbs, I know that you shed a couple of pounds when you built it this last time with the CF right? I was just wondering if this was an effort to offset further mods or if you were going to make an effort to trim it all down as much as possible. I'd really like to know what an all out weight reduction effort did to an LST2.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:41 PM
INTEGRA

$100?

how do you make em? cnc or dremel?

check out the prices of Other CF kits around...then take into cosideration.....Marerial, Time, Effort...and u will have ur answer....Everything is done with a dremel and Handfiles.

ORIGINAL: Chronic

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

Just curious. Even though the Savage weighs 12lbs, I know that you shed a couple of pounds when you built it this last time with the CF right? I was just wondering if this was an effort to offset further mods or if you were going to make an effort to trim it all down as much as possible. I'd really like to know what an all out weight reduction effort did to an LST2.

Ill make it as Light as Possible and get it on a Scale...Just for u Chron
Old 05-01-2007, 11:52 AM
ross_jsy

yep, compared it to them. the holeshot stuff runs in at about $125 and that has a lifetime guarentee that if you break it, they will sell you one half price.