Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

More speed sugestions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 05:23 PM
kdfi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More speed sugestions?

Hi,

Kind of speed freak here. Was wonderin' if anybody out there knows of bolt on products for a stock 427 muggy for more speed (pipes, clutch bells, spur gears). Brand names would help a lot. The stock so claimed 46mph out of box is ok, but i'd really like this thing to fly. Is there any way to get into the high 50's without destroying the diffs and or replacing the engine? I don't race I'm more of a basher and I would like to get the best of both worlds power and speed if its possible. I'd rather bolt on parts than replace the engine.

Any ideas would be great
Old 06-21-2007, 09:41 PM
IL2mSturmovik

Default RE: More speed sugestions?

RB Innovations supercharger? lol
Old 06-21-2007, 09:44 PM
NitroDemon18

ORIGINAL: IL2mSturmovik

RB Innovations supercharger? lol
That would hurt it more then help it. Get a 12t vented clutchbell. That will help alot
Old 06-21-2007, 11:12 PM
iexion

what about the high speed gearing? Some type of street tire will really help out with the speed .... And as far as supercharger? dont even think about that POS. Its not worth even thinking of the website[:'(]
Old 06-21-2007, 11:58 PM
ExtremeNitro

I tried the RB supercharger; it DOES NOT WORK AT ALL!

I strapped a GPS on my stock Losi Aftershock and to my disappointment I could only get 31 mph out of it. The manufacturer clams it will go 35 mph… go figure.

Next I changed the engine to a XTM Racing engine (XTM146032). This gave me about 5 mph (GPS) 36 mph.

Finally I performed the gear swap, click the following link and scroll down. http://lstforums.com/forums/viewtopi...=1608&start=30 this gave the truck an additional 4 to 5 mph. (GPS) 40 to 41 mph.

FYI – I installed a set of Pro-Line 40 series tires and wheels (shorter tires) on the truck and it brought the top end down to 31 mph. but it looks cool!

Hope this helps you with the guessing game.

PS, Did I tell you that the RB supercharger DOES NOT WORK AT ALL!
Old 06-22-2007, 03:37 AM
iexion

It doesnt matter how much power you slam into your truck. Its more about gearing the power. If you want to get the most speed then get the most tooth clutch bell and least tooth trans/spur gear.

If you pick the correct tires then you should be able to get more of the power to the ground.... but like i said. just becuz u add more power doesnt make it any faster at the top end. it just gets you to the top end sooner[:-]