Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Test #1: Failed.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 12:53 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test #1: Failed.

So, I took the LST2 out bashing today... nothing really major... just a little dirt fun with a small jump... (only could get 1' off the ground... too soft of a lip)... ended up breaking before even the first tank was through... kinda disappointed... It looks like the grub screws came out... dang it... [&o]

Here's some pics of the bash...

Old 07-14-2007, 12:56 PM
ARDV8

Default RE: Test #1: Failed.

[] sorry to hear that, I just finished loctiting all the metal to metal screws on mine, hope you get it running again soon
Old 07-14-2007, 01:06 PM
LSTVega28

ORIGINAL: RenegadeRevo

So, I took the LST2 out bashing today... nothing really major... just a little dirt fun with a small jump... (only could get 1' off the ground... too soft of a lip)... ended up breaking before even the first tank was through... kinda disappointed... It looks like the grub screws came out... dang it... [&o]

Least your not blowing diffs and tranny gears like on my revo .
Old 07-14-2007, 01:45 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: LSTVega28

For a minute... I thought I did... I noticed I had a lot of power to the rear... and nothing up front... last time that happened... it was a blown diff... then, I realized I had no brakes... on either side... so, I picked it up... noticed the brake disks flopping around... along with the missing grub screw... I was hoping that for $600 I'd have a truck that didn't need to be re-made from the factory.. *shrug* It was very disappointing... [:'(] Oh well... Loctite and new screws should be picked up today... I think I'm gonna go soon to the LHS...
Old 07-14-2007, 02:11 PM
LSTVega28

For a minute... I thought I did... I noticed I had a lot of power to the rear... and nothing up front... last time that happened... it was a blown diff... then, I realized I had no brakes... on either side... so, I picked it up... noticed the brake disks flopping around... along with the missing grub screw... I was hoping that for $600 I'd have a truck that didn't need to be re-made from the factory.. *shrug* It was very disappointing... [:'(] Oh well... Loctite and new screws should be picked up today... I think I'm gonna go soon to the LHS...
That sucks, I had better luck with my bro's used truck. Ran about 10 tanks through the truck, stripped the spur because I lost a engine mount screw.

Btw, your daughter is cute!

Old 07-14-2007, 02:13 PM
RCtruckRacer

Every time I have bought an RTR - doesn't matter what brand - I was able to find prolematic areas that would have been addressed with a proper build. That is one of the reasons I don't like RTR's.

PS, did you see the sticky at the top about loctiting the LST2 screws? lol
Old 07-14-2007, 02:56 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: RCtruckRacer
Yes, I did... and like an idiot... I thought a $600 should have factory loctite on it... (the Revo does)... instead of heeding the warnings of my fellow R/C'ers...

P.S. Whoever said working on the LST2 was easier than the Revo is full of crap. [:@] Went to the LHS... they don't have the screws... you have to buy the entire cup set (mine aren't broken... and they're still there)... so I didn't buy it... gonna hopefully match it at a hardware store... I don't want to pay $10 for a freaking screw.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:07 PM
RenegadeRevo

Btw, your daughter is cute!
Thanks, everyone says she looks like me... thankfully... she got all the GOOD qualities... LOL...
Old 07-14-2007, 03:11 PM
ccalum02

Yes, I did... and like an idiot... I thought a $600 should have factory loctite on it... (the Revo does)... instead of heeding the warnings of my fellow R/C'ers...

P.S. Whoever said working on the LST2 was easier than the Revo is full of crap. [:@] Went to the LHS... they don't have the screws... you have to buy the entire cup set (mine aren't broken... and they're still there)... so I didn't buy it... gonna hopefully match it at a hardware store... I don't want to pay $10 for a freaking screw.
Things that are easier to get to on the LST2: Diffs, shocks, slipper clutch and spur gears, clutch and bell, carb. All motor adjustments are easier too.
Things that are easier to get to on the Revo: Servos, transmission.

Thats about my experience with them both, overall the LST2 is easier to work on. Just watch out for the typical Losi 'loose screw syndrome' and you'll be fine
Old 07-14-2007, 03:23 PM
RenegadeRevo

Some more pics of the day...

Old 07-14-2007, 03:29 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: ccalum02
Things that are easier to get to on the LST2: Diffs, shocks, slipper clutch and spur gears, clutch and bell, carb. All motor adjustments are easier too.

Thats about my experience with them both, overall the LST2 is easier to work on. Just watch out for the typical Losi 'loose screw syndrome' and you'll be fine
In my experience, the shocks are easier to adjust and get to... but not as easy to put on (due to the rounded end balls vs. Traxxas flat end balls... I'd take a picture... but I don't want to have to cuss at my LST2 again... LOL) spur gears... clutch and bell.. not so much the slipper, 'cause on the Revo, you can just put a wrench on it... and adjust... you don't have to take off a plate... and not the carb... neither are the motor adjustments (pain in the behind to get to the LSN)... the driveshafts on the LST2 are much harder to take out... and line up with the brakes... I haven't had to take out the diffs yet... but I can see how they would be easier... since they're at least visible.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:38 PM
RenegadeRevo

Here's another picture... cropped from one of the pics up top... I thought it looked cool

Old 07-14-2007, 04:52 PM
[email protected]

I have had a few problems with my lst2 at first but now after I got it taken care of I'm very happy with it. I don't think it's easy to work on at all, but I own a MGT and that is cake to fix. the LST2 is very impressive with the size speed and handling and I know you must like the radio system. I hope you have fun and don't let your doughter drive it to later. my little girl is 7 and she want's to play with my trucks all the time so I give her the savage (it takes a beating) and tell her keep it close to you and don't go to fast.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:11 PM
ccalum02

In my experience, the shocks are easier to adjust and get to... but not as easy to put on (due to the rounded end balls vs. Traxxas flat end balls... I'd take a picture... but I don't want to have to cuss at my LST2 again... LOL) spur gears... clutch and bell.. not so much the slipper, 'cause on the Revo, you can just put a wrench on it... and adjust... you don't have to take off a plate... and not the carb... neither are the motor adjustments (pain in the behind to get to the LSN)... the driveshafts on the LST2 are much harder to take out... and line up with the brakes... I haven't had to take out the diffs yet... but I can see how they would be easier... since they're at least visible.
Lets agree do disagree then, I've spent equal time working on the Losi and Traxxas and overall they're both pretty easy to work on for me. I know the rounded balls you're talking about and they push in easier imo than the traxxas ones. You know theres a little removeable cap in the spur gear cover to allow instant slipper adjustment right? I've not touched the LSN since first tune so cant comment on that really, the HSN is easy to get to tho.
Don't get too annoyed with the Losi tho, give it time to become familiar. Give it time and let the motor bed in, get up to its prime and you'll like it I promise

Really nice action shots btw
Old 07-14-2007, 05:13 PM
gasfreak
My Feedback: (13)

Hey Renagade,did you have it broken in yet and if so how did you like the way it ran and handled before it broke.Or did you get to run it enough to get a feel for it
Old 07-14-2007, 05:45 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: gasfreak

Hey Renagade,did you have it broken in yet and if so how did you like the way it ran and handled before it broke.Or did you get to run it enough to get a feel for it
Yeah, I broke it in about a week ago... the first few tanks after break-in were pretty cool, but I think the "new" is wearing off... and it's not as impressive anymore... it's still cool, but it's not "knock your pants off cool"... anymore... I can't compare it to the Revo yet... I'm waiting to get some parts for it... to make it run right (RB Concepts TM323 carb slide, and Revo "mixing" arm...the throttle arm)
Old 07-14-2007, 05:49 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I would be disappointed in a hobby shop that does not have 5mm grubs in stock.

You should always check the grubs on a all metal drive train, I know this is your first but it is common knowledge.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:51 PM
RenegadeRevo

Lets agree do disagree then, I've spent equal time working on the Losi and Traxxas and overall they're both pretty easy to work on for me. I know the rounded balls you're talking about and they push in easier imo than the traxxas ones. You know theres a little removeable cap in the spur gear cover to allow instant slipper adjustment right? I've not touched the LSN since first tune so cant comment on that really, the HSN is easy to get to tho.
Don't get too annoyed with the Losi tho, give it time to become familiar. Give it time and let the motor bed in, get up to its prime and you'll like it I promise

Really nice action shots btw
It's OK to disagree... nothing wrong with that... we both have our experiences... I forgot about the little cap... I haven't adjusted the slipper too much yet... thanks for reminding me of that little tidbit... I still say the Revo is easier for slipper adjustments.. there's nothing to remove... you just slide your wrench on it... and adjust away. I'm not annoyed at the LST2... just disappointed... I was hoping that it could handle light bashing without breaking... granted it was partly my fault... but they should have done it from the factory.... I'll still enjoy the heck out of it... it's a lot of fun...
Old 07-14-2007, 05:55 PM
RCtruckRacer

Just a personal request; it's a lot easier to read if you would omit the ellipsis marks. Please?
Old 07-14-2007, 06:00 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

I would be disappointed in a hobby shop that does not have 5mm grubs in stock.

You should always check the grubs on a all metal drive train, I know this is your first but it is common knowledge.
I am disappointed in my LHS's... (I went to 2) 'cause neither of 'em seemed to want to help me... (like look for some standard grub screws)... and when I asked for "Loctite" the guy looked at me... "Lock...?" "Loc-tite"... "Locktite?"... "yeah, you know, thread locker... stuff you put on screws so they stay in place... " "I don't think we have anything here like that... " "Well, maybe your competition does..." "We have CA glue..." "Bye."

As I do appreciate your condescending tone, I did know it... I just didn't do it... I expected the quality of the truck to be as such that I didn't need to (again.. despite the many warnings from my R/C colleagues)... alas I was wrong. Heck, even Traxxas puts thread locker on their drivetrain screws...
Old 07-14-2007, 06:02 PM
RenegadeRevo

Just a personal request; it's a lot easier to read if you would omit the ellipsis marks. Please?
LOL... it's a nasty habit... been doing it for years... can't... stop...
Old 07-14-2007, 06:04 PM
2DMaxLST!!

You should get the good loctite for less $$ at a auto parts store, I get mine at autozone. I don't consider drivetrain screws loctited till I have done it myself.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:06 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

You should get the good loctite for less $$ at a auto parts store, I get mine at autozone. I don't consider drivetrain screws loctited till I have done it myself.
That is my next step... I have a tube of it... but it blew out the bottom somehow... and it doesn't like to stay sealed... so, I've gotta get some more.. now that my daughter is up from her nap, I will be heading off to the hardware store... and an automotive store.. hopefully to find a 5mm grub screw and some good loctite.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:13 PM
2DMaxLST!!

You should get some gel or paste type blue loctite...
Old 07-14-2007, 06:24 PM
RCtruckRacer

And get some activator... too - it makes the loctite... cure within a few minutes. Also try asking for a set screw... and not a grub screw. Not everyone... will know what a grub screw... is. lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.