Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Lst header problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 06:47 PM
FlyByYou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lst header problems

I was just wondering if anyone ever had the aluminum stock header to crack? It happen to me with a OS .30. Can the motor be the cause?
Old 08-02-2007, 06:57 PM
atv_motocross#38

Default RE: Lst header problems

I doubt it is the engine, it maybe got hot from running hard and a spash of water or mud got on it.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:47 PM
FlyByYou

this happened more than once maybe two or three times. I got tired of buying new headers so i bought a novarossi header. it seems to have more top end and loss bottom end.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:16 PM
JSRacer

Never. My neighbor has though. Not sure what the cause is. Maybe the pipe has come loose from the pipe mount?
Old 08-03-2007, 08:36 AM
benihill

ORIGINAL: FlyByYou

this happened more than once maybe two or three times. I got tired of buying new headers so i bought a novarossi header. it seems to have more top end and loss bottom end.

Do you have a link to this NovaRossi LST specific header??????

The header cracking is a inherent problem with the LST. I think alot of it can be attributed to the sideways torque of the engine and the chassis flexing.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Racing T

The header for the serpent´s 1/8 also work.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:08 AM
FlyByYou

ORIGINAL: benihill

Do you have a link to this NovaRossi LST specific header??????

The header cracking is a inherent problem with the LST. I think alot of it can be attributed to the sideways torque of the engine and the chassis flexing.

I dont know if novaRossi make a header for LST.
Its just something i tried.The header is for the NovaRossi 9886 pipe. There are three kinds. Long,meduim,and short.I dont know the part #s though.
I dont really think its the torque of the engine, most definetly not the chassis flexing.I think the header is not thick enough.The bend on the LST header is where it crack all the time.Thats the thin point.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:57 PM
iexion

just a side question. will a polished head work better then the stock header that comes with the "HT" pipe? im thinking on getting another pipe. along with a buku exhaust (when i get the money)
Old 08-07-2007, 09:40 PM
FlyByYou

The polish Losi header that comes with the pipe, does crack also.I dont know if the hard anodize header solves this problem of mine. But think about it,why would Team Losi make hard anodize header & pipe?"for show"?"for what?". If the stock black losi header, and the "upgrade" polish header works without cracking.I think some where during testing they knew the stock and polish header would crack eventially,so they made "Hard Anodize" header & pipe as an upgrade to throw LST owners off, and cover there flaws. Its just a thought.[&:]

ATTN: LUCKY LST owners, Knock On Wood!
Old 08-07-2007, 10:12 PM
2DMaxLST!!

ORIGINAL: FlyByYou

The polish Losi header that comes with the pipe, does crack also.I dont know if the hard anodize header solves this problem of mine. But think about it,why would Team Losi make hard anodize header & pipe?"for show"?"for what?". If the stock black losi header, and the "upgrade" polish header works without cracking.I think some where during testing they knew the stock and polish header would crack eventially,so they made "Hard Anodize" header & pipe as an upgrade to throw LST owners off, and cover there flaws. Its just a thought.[&:]

ATTN: LUCKY LST owners, Knock On Wood!

I've not had the Hardano header crack, could you do us all a big favor and look up the NovaRossi part# for the header you are running???
Old 08-07-2007, 10:18 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I assume it is a on road header, I would like pictures and part#'s for all three lengths..........